DisconnecT83

[devblog]
[Devblog] Post-apocalypse cabins

74 posts in this topic

8dfaedd077029fb97005d21d464b.jpg

In the open beta stage we will continue to promote our three-part paradigm, according to which all armored vehicles are divided into three archetypes: fast, balanced and heavy — and their hybrids. And we want to make all these options available starting with white (common) rarity. Therefore, all cabs will undergo certain permutations.

The easiest way to describe the planned system is by enumerating the cabins of each rarity.

Common cabins (white)

These are the cabins we use when we're only starting to conquer the wasteland.

Fast archetype

Heavy archetype

Balanced archetype - Cargo

8dea061c61fbcb7c91015fadee1c.jpg

69b7451e102dddf4004ce008ca76.jpg

13c4cb7689877f1b19d5419cde97.jpg
This is the familiar pickup cabin — ‘Huntsman’, which we mount at the first opportunity; it will be re-done with a bias towards speed. The role of a truck of white rarity will go to the minivan cabin — ‘Docker’, which will be moved down and allow the construction of low-level tanks. This is WWT1, which is inclined towards a cargo archetype.

Rare cabins (blue)

These are the better cabins, the backbone of the post-apocalyptic car industry.

Fast archetype

Heavy archetype

Balanced archetype Balanced archetype - Cargo

c12d6f0837642d379283f38284da.jpg

cb30138a841dcb5fbd57213fdb45.jpg

3d4b41c87b73437371c5f3f37b39.jpg 062a9412e1b183d0a19ab2cea42b.jpg
‘Growl’ — the buggy cabin, of course. It is different from the current version due to increased critical mass, but low power, ie, acceleration rate. Truck cabin — ‘Trucker’, a balanced cabin. Perhaps the cabin's power will increase slightly. As with the current version, the role of the happy middle ground will be performed by the ‘Wyvern’ cabin. Steppenwolfs will arrive not in carriages or hearses, but in normal military-style cabins — ‘Jawbreakers’. They are heavy, but fast enough, though competing with a ‘Wyvern’ or a buggy is going to be a tall order.

Epic cabins (purple)

At the time of the open beta start there's going to be only one cabin of epic rarity ‘Humpback’ — also from Steppenwolfs.

8dfaedd077029fb97005d21d464b.jpg

It is the personification of reliability in the minds of the wasteland dwellers: high power, high load capacity, great durability and decent speed — on such a vehicle you can safely move across a lake of burning oil. Along the bottom. However, the flip side of this pleasure is the increased power score level.

Other cabins

In addition to all of these cabins, we plan to add special pack cabins. Of course, these cabins will not give their owners an enormous advantage over the other drivers, but each of them will have a special set of strengths and weaknesses.

Cabin ‘Fury’

Cabin ‘Bear’

Cabin ‘Carapace’

75211eb4723d0c04d82aaa25e4a5.jpg

d34fd701b9f63866bb44b3c90035.jpg

08498197beca7e7c5d34a6a1627b.jpg

That's all, and good luck on the road!

What will the gift be for the CBT player ? A special and Epic cabin ?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

At this moment I can tell that there will be some gifts for CBT players. More information will appear soon.

12 minutes ago, gaz132 said:

What will the gift be for the CBT player ? A special and Epic cabin ?

Good point, i do feel like CBT players deserve something to seperate them from the others.

Also, when is the OBT releasing?! You announced it months ago and my heart beats quickly every time I see a new announcement on this site, hoping that it is OBT. Please have it ready in the next month - you seem to be on track with that with all of these changes. Better to see some progress than to be left in the dark I suppose. :D Thanks for reading. 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

We are approaching the OBT and doing our best to release it as fast as possible. Thank you for staying with us, you won't be disappointed!

My God I love the new wyvern skin and the steppenwolves cabins. 69/69, Ign

Fury cabin, mmmmmm Jeep. :my_precious:

Posted (edited)

Omg yes them cabins lookvery good :D  Very exited do to theses cabins i know can see one in raids :D  look good hope to see them soon.

Edited by comicaldan

Thank you, guys, for your appreciation :001j: Such kind of feedback gives us strength to move further.

just a lil question , why the obt keeps getting delayed, i watched how the game grew my account was made like 1and1/2 yrs ago but i never got a change to play it, i remember when  went to the site in like september 2016, and on steam wrote"free to play obt is planned for q42016, and i was like , well .ill play the hell out of this game during the christmas holiday" and came december, i entered steam and i've seen that lil box changed to Q1 2017and i was like"watttt?"then i waited and in the last month i was so hyped because i was like"damn... i know what i am doing during easter holiday" also because of the posts on the forums and facebook "obt is probably going to start at the end of february" but march came, no news, just some patches an some small updates,some of which said, obt will start soon, and some of those were like january,february, and todayi've seen these news and i said myself,let's check steam, and i saw Q2 2017 and now i kinda start to think that the obt won't even start in Q2 2017

because in every update that makes a new game mode, it is said, that there are going to take place lil tweaks and i know that takes time, but i mostly see those as some kind of excuses for the delays, the cgt is going to be a full year long in a week, even if this message is going to be read or not i feel better now that i expressed my point and if it is seen, what is holding the obt from starting,

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, zoroco1! I really understand your frustration, but now I can say that we're approaching the finish line and the start of the OBT is not far away.

cool. i can't wait to get my hands on those good lookin cabins. in the way of metallica "Give Me Fuel, Give Me Fire, Give Me THAT WHICH I DESIRE!"

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Yes, something great is coming! And throwing a horn to you for mentioning Metallica ;)

Love it! Jawbreaker and Carapace look awesome!!! Also, the new nomad cabin looks badass. And it seem like the model is smaller now, like it's one block lower.

But what about other cabins we saw in raids - the hot rods and new buggies?

Posted (edited)

OMG!!! There are look like awesome! I like it all of them! Thank you guys. However, i could'nt understand how to get other cabins. :?

I wan't to see other epic cabins and legendry cabins with new structures!

Edited by ganisberke

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello! If you mean cabins "Fury", "Bear" and "Carapace" - they will be available through purchasing special packs or through the in-game market.

When you say "we plan to add special pack cabins" does that mean the only way to get those cabs is to buy them with real money, or will we be able to craft them in game ?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

At this moment we are not planning to make those cabins craftable. However, they will be also available to buy/sell through the in-game market.

@Icecryos

I agree with you this subject. I don't wan't to see special pack cabins get need to pay real money. I wan't to see these cabins just get to be special events or crafting, maybe both of them.

slippery slope to pay to win with advantages period in baught items

Woodyrojo (Posted )

The idea of our free-to-play model is to make it a really fair F2P. Special pack cabins won't give an enormous advantage to any player as they'll have their own strengths and weaknesses. Moreover they will be available to purchase with the in-game market. The way to get them is up to the player.

Oh, very nice.

I always wanted to see some extra cabins, they look very nice indeed.

I do wait for OBT, I am done testing for now.

Keep it up.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Thank you for your response! We are approaching the OBT, stay tuned ;)

" Humpback " is kind similar to regular truck cabin

but nice job!

14 minutes ago, Tr1ckster69 said:

slippery slope to pay to win with advantages period in baught items

it said they would be for looks. so i would not say P2W.

41 minutes ago, gaaraplayer said:

it said they would be for looks. so i would not say P2W.

actually says the special pack items wouldn't give players an "enormous" advantage over other players, which means there is an advantage.  By my understanding each different special pack item adds an advantage, therefore multiple special packs put together in a build = advantage.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

But it's also said that the cabin will definitely have its own weaknesses as well ;) These cabins won't ruin the balance, that's the point.

7 minutes ago, Tr1ckster69 said:

actually says the special pack items wouldn't give players an "enormous" advantage over other players, which means there is an advantage.  By my understanding each different special pack item adds an advantage, therefore multiple special packs put together in a build = advantage.

still. saying its P2W is still far fatch right now. but if its small. then its small. nothing more. all i see are buitiful cabin's that needs a home.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

If you think so, then don't forget to adopt some of them)

6 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Thank you, guys, for your appreciation :001j: Such kind of feedback gives us strength to move further.

So will we get the pack cabins if we own the packs now so will get them with the packs i have all packs there 5 cabins and 5 packs will the be 2 other cabins for the other packs or another one of the cabins from other packs ?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, comicaldan. I'm not sure I've understood your question properly, but all the contents from the donation packs you have now will be returned to your account with the start of the OBT.

6 hours ago, gaaraplayer said:

cool. i can't wait to get my hands on those good lookin cabins. in the way of metallica "Give Me Fuel, Give Me Fire, Give Me THAT WHICH I DESIRE!"

That reference was beautiful, although I'd put my best car in Hangar 18 :) .(Who says you can't like both bands?) Anyway, can you pretty pretty PLEASEEEEE assign some number to the OBT release? All I've seen so far is soon, and it feels like it's getting a lot closer, but I NEED something solid or I might have a breakdown XD. I'm not asking for a date, just something like a month or a certain number of weeks. And yes I know, there are bugs and balance changes and new ideas, (I'm a developer myself) so any time you give could be delayed or not accurate, but I need something. Even a really really ballpark estimate is better than soon.  I'm talking April-September ballpark, because IDC when this game comes out, I just know that the final product's going to be amazing and I need to know when I can get my hands on it, even if you give me something crazy like next year March. Thanks for reading! Your game's great btw :D  

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Thank you for the response and the question! We understand that most of the players can't wait to get their hands on the game, but you know, that the release date depends on a lot of aspects and we can't promise anything till everything's done and works the way it should do. Anyway, we really do think that the finish line is close enough and we're aiming to start the OBT soon. Thank you for your understanding.

Cant wait for the OBT, This is the first time in a long time I've been excited to try a new game. Looking at the gameplay footage i have seen it seems to tick all the boxes. HYPE!

Woodyrojo (Posted )

More hype! :) And, speaking seriously, we really think that your patience will be rewarded with a great game!

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! 

Fantastic! This is great news. I've been waiting for new cabins! Can't wait.