DisconnecT83

[Devblog] Steppenwolfs: Part 2

8dfaedd077029fb97005d21d464b.jpg

Today we will continue to acquaint you with the features of the new faction ‘Steppenwolfs’, which will be available to players at the start OBT. Earlier we talked about the weapons that the Wolves use when carrying out especially dangerous missions. Today we will examine other features of this faction.

Spoiler

Cabin ‘Jawbreaker’

In the past, the Steppenwolfs, in general, were military. Later, the most diverse survivors poured into the faction, but the backbone, the basis of the Wolves, was precisely those who survived and helped the civilian population to survive in the most difficult years right after the catastrophe. Now the faction prefers to use the latest developments of military scientists and engineers. One of the two main cabins of the Wolves is ‘Jawbreaker’. A low profile and a harsh appearance immediately betray its military past.

Cabin ‘Humpback’

The only epic cabin in the world right now also belongs to ‘Steppenwolfs’. The cabin, which was affectionately and aptly nicknamed ‘Humpback’, is designed for particularly powerful and heavy machines capable of withstanding strong and heavy equipment and weapons of the faction. However, the flip side of this pleasure is the increased power score level.

APC wheel

A feature of the new faction will be power and durability. Special wheels are required to move the heavy armor. Armored vehicle wheels are particularly strong and stable, taken from military armored personnel carriers. They are heavy, but have great tonnage. And they are extremely difficult to destroy in battle.

Mechanical legs ‘ML-200’

Perhaps the main feature of the new faction is the mechanical legs. This unique project by engineers and scientists of the Brotherhood was only given to Steppenwolfs. Mechanical legs have low speed, but great durability. They allow you to compensate for the impact and momentum of enemy explosions and move across the battlefield in creative ways. The dream of every survivor is to get ML-200 and use them in his armored car.

That's all for today. Let road dust and pass your engine by!

• Upvote 1

On 14.05.2017 at 11:28 AM, DisconnecT83 said:

Mechanical legs ‘ML-200’

Oh look, Post-apo skins for Robocraft. Nice!

• Upvote 9

Just now, MasakoMercenary said:

I like the legs, but can we walk sideways with them?

yup, that will be possible, there are already strafe commands. :) just take a look in controls panel, in game.

1 minute ago, incinerati said:

yup, that will be possible, there are already strafe commands. :) just take a look in controls panel, in game.

Ah nice, i can already see long range vehicles using them.

1 hour ago, SupremeSupremacy said:

Oh look, Post-apo skins for Robocraft. Nice!

very good now i asume you made the acount so you could put a pointless comment ? only thing they have in common is legs, just to let you know theres legs in alot of gams why dont you go say crossout is copying ll off them games so please dont put pointless comments only thing you achived is me wasteing time to reply to it but someoen as low as you that proly all you wanted.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, MasakoMercenary said:

Ah nice, i can already see long range vehicles using them.

i wounder how the aiming will work :D LOOKS REALLY COOL.

27 minutes ago, comicaldan said:

very good now i asume you made the acount so you could put a pointless comment ? only thing they have in common is legs, just to let you know theres legs in alot of gams why dont you go say crossout is copying ll off them games so please dont put pointless comments only thing you achived is me wasteing time to reply to it but someoen as low as you that proly all you wanted.

I understand where SupremeSupremacy is coming from. They are a bit of a strech in the current theme of the game. The lore includes aliens and mutations though and we had hover stuff in early battle test phases. Hell we have a railgun in the game right now. Im all ok with scifi elements in the game if they are tastefully incorporated. Scorpion is a good example of that while magic sparkly weapons are not (more real life based stuff like an armor piercing round every X rounds in belt is ok for me but drive to gain extra damage is not). Im all ok with the legs as long as they are somewhat rare sight on the battlefield and not every other vehicle is using them.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Those legs won't be easy to obtain :) In order to enter the Steppenwolfs faction you have to be at least 25 lvl with Mechanics.
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MasakoMercenary said:

I like the legs, but can we walk sideways with them?

3 hours ago, incinerati said:

PIC removed

Cpt_Nero (Posted )

Picture removed.
  • Upvote 1

"Later, the most diverse survivors poured into the faction, but the backbone, the basis of the Wolves, was precisely those who survived and helped the civilian population to survive in the most difficult years right after the catastrophe "

If you refer them as Wolves, why in the earth are they called Steppenwolfs and not Steppenwolves?

I´m curious about armored wheels, I mean their stats.

It seems that Steppenwolves will overcome Scavengers for heavy builds.

Will this faction craft the Apollo or Apollo will vanish with the OB?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

WillDragon, the stats of armored wheels will be revealed with the start of the OBT :) We think there should be some kind of mystery)

Woodyrojo (Posted )

We're not planning to present Steppenwolfs as the dominating faction for heavy builds. They will have their own diadvantages too, comparing to Scavengers.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Currently there's no particular information about the Apollo. We are still thinking about the necessity of this gun and the best way to implement it.

23 minutes ago, WillDragon said:

"Later, the most diverse survivors poured into the faction, but the backbone, the basis of the Wolves, was precisely those who survived and helped the civilian population to survive in the most difficult years right after the catastrophe "

If you refer them as Wolves, why in the earth are they called Steppenwolfs and not Steppenwolves?

I´m curious about armored wheels, I mean their stats.

It seems that Steppenwolves will overcome Scavengers for heavy builds.

Will this faction craft the Apollo or Apollo will vanish with the OB?

*Grammar Nazi intensifies*

You have a point though. I assume the translator is not a native speaker though.

I think the steppenwolfs are more advanced technically (especially cabins) then others factions. It may be 'higher tiered" faction then others? For example engineers Lv1 faction Scavs/lunatics/nomads Lv2 faction, steppenwolfs Lv3 faction.

And what's next with hovers?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

We present the Steppenwolfs as some kind of 'premium' faction that is available only after the 25 lvl with the Mechanics faction. Nevertheless, they will be in the same row with scavs/lunatics/nomads with their own pros and cons :)

Woodyrojo (Posted )

We are still testing hovers. They won't be included in the OBT version at its start.

f039eb45dc25436a9716b092d6b2f0b1.png
Mmm, we can't really do that with wheels, lol.

2 minutes ago, MajorROB said:

I think the steppenwolfs are more advanced technically (especially cabins) then others factions. It may be 'higher tiered" faction then others? For example engineers Lv1 faction Scavs/lunatics/nomads Lv2 faction, steppenwolfs Lv3 faction.

And what's next with hovers?

Just a theory but guessing from tank treads were just allowed to move faster, something tells me that the Steppenwolf's are going to be either a step up for between scavengers and nomads. I guess that the legs will be slower than tank tracks, maybe even more durable. Either way, I am extremely excited and hope that can mess with them for a day or two before the wipe.

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_nbwumwzldO1qhqb9q.gif

move across the battlefield in creative ways

What does it mean "creative ways"? Few updates ago dev's blocked some hills(inside map), like this one in factory.screenshot-161102-171020.thumb.jpg.e3755

1 minute ago, MajorROB said:

What does it mean "creative ways"? Few updates ago dev's blocked some hills(inside map), like this one in factory.screenshot-161102-171020.thumb.jpg.e3755

yeah, and they raised some rocks on founders canyon. :/

I think the legs are a fair idea, but if they add those short legs, they should add long legs, or heck, an entire AT-AT at this point, but I think some new turrets and annons should be added with this

• Upvote 1

Oooh those legs look fun.  The humpback cabin looks awesome too.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Thank you BrandonBranders :) Hope they it will be fun to use them on the battlefield for you, as well)

That's cool an all but OBT news is what we all want. This 'legal stuff' has been going on for way to long now either you need to hire a new legal division or there are some seriously worrying moments ahead for fans of this game.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Travis10123 :) Just stay tuned for this week's news ;)

Will legs bring additional functionality?

Something that has been bothering me is that we get a ton of stuff, but often they all do practically the same thing (look at wheels).

Are we going to see legs that can climb? A button to deactivate them? 

Also, I really, REALLY dislike that wheels have more Hp/PS score then armour itself. The point of having armour should be to protect stuff. I'd favor a game where your vehicle is a product of armour/weapons/mobility and if you chose to increase one you'd sacrifice the others. Also where you chose to protect with armour should matter, should be part of the game. Currently it doesn't.

I want more stuff,more strategies, play styles and options, not just things that mostly just look different but are practically the same.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, diabo_malandro! We see the opportunity of having heavy armoured, able-to-strafe legs instead of wheels as quite a new function, that adds new strategies into battles ;)

2 hours ago, TheButtButterer said:

Any word about reverting the one engine rule that literally everyone hates?

WIth the 0 energy light engine it would break the game

In the past, the Steppenwolfs, in general, were military. Later, the most diverse survivors poured into the faction, but the backbone, the basis of the Wolves, was precisely those who survived and helped the civilian population to survive in the most difficult years right after the catastrophe.

So the Steppenwolf's are the Paladins :D Make sense.

This way I know, what factions I'm goin to be as main. Hope the grind for levels will get somewhat lowered, through. 1 million xp per each level, as we have now... :facepalm:

C7wWeMK.jpg

• Upvote 2

worst thing for the legs would be the AI..
when you play with bots, they push you a lot, so imagine being in a walker ? you'd be down most of the time... and since players knows that legs will have lots of durability, they'll focus the legs instantly as they see it...

Woodyrojo (Posted )

But the question is whether the amount of time to destroy them will be worth it ;)