Lt__Butcher

Basic Guide for new players - Crossout 101

Recommended Posts

jrholdt    23

one huge mistake also i've noticed new players doing is getting their vehicle power score up to as high as 6000 in cb.  But they are running white weapons like 4 white shotguns.  Cause they build strictly for armor.   Problem with that is it puts them against players who are only running purple or better weapons.   I think if your running white weapons you need to try and keep your ps below 2200.   This will keep you from fighting against weapons that will 1 shot you for the most part and allow you to do decent damage with your weapons.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RajRocket    484

one thing ive noticed on newer players, they often stick to one faction (and its parts)
and while this is okay, it limits thier versatility.

mix and match. unlock atleast the basic rare weapons for all the factions to give yourself some good options for battles.
example turrets(scavengers) + buggy cabin(lunatics) + attack drone (lunatics) = a good manueverable area denial build

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lt__Butcher    298
31 minutes ago, RajRocket said:

one thing ive noticed on newer players, they often stick to one faction (and its parts)
and while this is okay, it limits thier versatility.

mix and match. unlock atleast the basic rare weapons for all the factions to give yourself some good options for battles.
example turrets(scavengers) + buggy cabin(lunatics) + attack drone (lunatics) = a good manueverable area denial build

Well noted my friend. Thank you for your input. It is very important for new players to spread yet not too thinly among 2 factions. Like I have mentioned in my guide above, get "main" faction to at least 5 (preferably 8 at time) but please do explore other ones as you will need that shotgun or cabin sooner than later. However plan your speeding and count your parts for crafting as well as storage space which is limited. Mix the build a bit because one faction's items alone wont take you all the way to the top. Far the opposite - you will be stuck constantly in the middle and wont be able to move on at certain point. And at one point it might be quite late to make up for the loss and damage you suffered.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lt__Butcher    298
5 minutes ago, sLic3 said:

Thanks for the Guide :)  *thumps up*

My pleasure friend. I am always willing to help. To protect and serve is my motto (police department) therefore I serve to the best of my ability. Keep the thumbs up and ask for more in the upcoming days. Me and the others are here to help and make this awesome game grow beyond control. Trust me, devs wont be able to keep up soon enough. I am working on more detailed guide but need the insight of the players on what they look for in particular. I can pull some guys and we can make this guide help all. This one is just 101 for players who never ever touched Crossout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_delta9897_    28

Great guide if you want some help just ask...i won't be in game for a few more days (sigh...work...) but i'm here from 2nd stage cbt so i have my bit of knowledge to share too! 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing for several hours and still didn't even get from level 5 to 6 (actually pretty far from that). Just the idea of levelling engineers to 10 seems completely surreal, and you're talking about levelling others to 8... lol.

 

I'd like to see video of some experienced player on low levels. Everyone seems to dodge me without problems and kills me in one burst, while I can't even position myself correctly (and I can't even hit anyone with the stupid blades I mounted to the front of my car).

Edited by WalrusInAnus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lt__Butcher    298
37 minutes ago, WalrusInAnus said:

I've been playing for several hours and still didn't even get from level 5 to 6 (actually pretty far from that). Just the idea of levelling engineers to 10 seems completely surreal, and you're talking about levelling others to 8... lol.

 

I'd like to see video of some experienced player on low levels. Everyone seems to dodge me without problems and kills me in one burst, while I can't even position myself correctly (and I can't even hit anyone with the stupid blades I mounted to the front of my car).

You have to get used to the game in the first place. Focus on changing your build around and find what works better. Try not to charge enemy and forget the blades or any melee weapon having just level 5, no good items for decent armor, probably basic cabin and no blue weapons. Keep medium to long range and use machine guns. Move in group and try to always have someone in front of you. It's best way to survive. Move constantly and don't be afraid to run back a bit of you must. Never think "I can kill him" with such low level of items. Try it and let us know how you fare. I am work now. I probably won't reply for some time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lt__Butcher said:

You have to get used to the game in the first place. Focus on changing your build around and find what works better. Try not to charge enemy and forget the blades or any melee weapon having just level 5, no good items for decent armor, probably basic cabin and no blue weapons. Keep medium to long range and use machine guns. Move in group and try to always have someone in front of you. It's best way to survive. Move constantly and don't be afraid to run back a bit of you must. Never think "I can kill him" with such low level of items. Try it and let us know how you fare. I am work now. I probably won't reply for some time. 

Well, I figured since most people are probably around the same level AND they can instakill me if they ram into me, the blades should work. But for some reason they don't. Even when I manage to catch someone with them, nothing happens.
I'd like to change my build, but I have virtually no parts to choose from, and I don't get f*ck all from missions. Where are people getting all the stuff they customize cars with? Nearly everyone I've seen so far as almost fully customized car.

I'm thinking about buying oine of those packs because this game is clearly pay to win model.

Quote

Move in group

Everyone drives at random directions. Typical. In raids where you are to collect stuff, people often keep getting killed instead of picking the last pile of boxes and we fail. The concept cannot be more simple. FFS!
For some weird reason, players on the same team also keep intentionally ramming into me as well at times. Some players explode at battle start. I don't get that either. Why are people SO xxxx?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ARES_IV    227
On 30.5.2017 at 7:57 AM, Lt__Butcher said:

My pleasure friend. I am always willing to help. To protect and serve is my motto (police department) therefore I serve to the best of my ability. Keep the thumbs up and ask for more in the upcoming days. Me and the others are here to help and make this awesome game grow beyond control. Trust me, devs wont be able to keep up soon enough. I am working on more detailed guide but need the insight of the players on what they look for in particular. I can pull some guys and we can make this guide help all. This one is just 101 for players who never ever touched Crossout.

Hello communty :).

 

Some more faction infos would be awesome. Being completly new and with the wiki being either empty (gamepedia) or severly outdated (wikia) this would be most helpful.

 

Of course, the basic concept is clear, but I think about something like:

 

Lunatics - Useful items every player can use: Engine

 

 

Also would be very interested in seing info about the Steppenwolves, although I of course understand that due to them being new little info is available even for veteran players.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dengar_    228

I found this is not very clear and goes  into the specifics abit to much, try mine (in same category), it is abit simpler and in general just a quick slap of information, not a life story with over exagerated BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!! 's

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RajRocket    484
1 hour ago, Dengar_ said:

I found this is not very clear and goes  into the specifics abit to much, try mine (in same category), it is abit simpler and in general just a quick slap of information, not a life story with over exagerated BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!! 's

wow. way to be a (insult)
trying to farm  points? reaaaally?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dengar_    228

yah, reaaaally, if new players just wanna sit for 5 minutes and learn some quick info, go to mine, if players want a thick soup of good info, go here, just a matter of player preferability m8, you (insult). go (insult) yourself! 

(dont take that to srsly, just mockin ya :-D)

Edited by Dengar_
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lt__Butcher    298

People have rights to decide themselves where they go for help and what they read. I assure you they will read both guides since there aren't many but the way you approach the topic is rude. You try to say my guide is not good and you farm points. Take them all because all I care is community and not 1st place on popular forum contribution list/ranking. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RajRocket    484

yep just a rude point farming clickmuncher

and for all honesty, his own "guide" is basically shallow tier yes and no opinion based egowanking.

really, telling people to dont use cannons because you dont like them? REAAALLY?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dengar_    228

Allrgiht RajRocket, im not sure your just feeling abit moody today (cause your normally nice on other posts), but my purpose of posting here was incase some players wanted a shorter version of this, and I just encourage general combat improvment, and I dont want new players dreaming about the cannon to find out its no good, ok? DO YOU UN-DER-STA-ND ME? alright good, also I like your pick, did you make it yourself? (ACTUAL QUESTION)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ARES_IV    227

@Dengar: Excuse me for being blunt, but Lt__Butcher guide is perfecty fine for somebody who started playing yesterday. Even if not, there are far better ways to critic somebone.

Crossout seems to be a game with quite some complexity. Those who would find Lt__Butcher post to tiresome to read I hope to meet them in battle... in the enemy team... :shturm_light:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lt__Butcher    298
37 minutes ago, Dengar_ said:

Allrgiht RajRocket, im not sure your just feeling abit moody today (cause your normally nice on other posts), but my purpose of posting here was incase some players wanted a shorter version of this, and I just encourage general combat improvment, and I dont want new players dreaming about the cannon to find out its no good, ok? DO YOU UN-DER-STA-ND ME? alright good, also I like your pick, did you make it yourself? (ACTUAL QUESTION)

Seems like you are having a bad day. Please focus on the topic or create another if you want to criticize other guides. I understand you are unhappy with it but you are more than experienced player. I am not you so let me say something about your guide: epic! Now I highly recommend all new players to check it out. Perfectly complements mine and adds ton more of information I omitted of chose not to write about. Both of our guides should be merged into one as a 101 guide. Besides that, this guide focuses on the basics and yes new players will have hard time with white cannons at first so I encourage them to try different options until the are comfortable with high tier BOOOOM sticks. Please do not post here if you do not add anything creative and beneficial to the community. Focus on the topic instead of ranting and yes I have Dengar in mind. Help others instead of QQ. Thank you

Edited by Lt__Butcher
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dengar_    228

you, you you you... subjected me! How rude! i will see you in court! 

 

No but srsly, the onyl reason im responding is because my computer is broke and im using a laptop, im just incredibly bored, and im going through new egg now to find new wires, and new power scource, and even a new fan (I think the soda burnt out one of my fans to)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lt__Butcher    298
9 minutes ago, Dengar_ said:

you, you you you... subjected me! How rude! i will see you in court! 

 

No but srsly, the onyl reason im responding is because my computer is broke and im using a laptop, im just incredibly bored, and im going through new egg now to find new wires, and new power scource, and even a new fan (I think the soda burnt out one of my fans to)

Hehe sorry to hear that friend. I suffered too just recently when my power supply burnt my cpu mobo and hard drives. Good luck with repairs but please let's focus on the main topic and keep it on point. Let's help all who need it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RajRocket    484
7 hours ago, Dengar_ said:

Allrgiht RajRocket, im not sure your just feeling abit moody today (cause your normally nice on other posts), but my purpose of posting here was incase some players wanted a shorter version of this, and I just encourage general combat improvment, and I dont want new players dreaming about the cannon to find out its no good, ok? DO YOU UN-DER-STA-ND ME? alright good, also I like your pick, did you make it yourself? (ACTUAL QUESTION)

noted. still think the way you put it was incredibly rude, and couldave been better.

and yes, i made that pic. that's me in the pic

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.