Woodyrojo

Discussion - Crossout 0.5.2 (OBT)

76 posts in this topic

Crossout 0.5.2

OBT.jpg

Survivors! With this update, our project transitions to Open Beta Testing stage, and now everyone can join the ranks of the Survivors. Progress on all accounts is reset, but with the start of OBT, the contents of all packs purchased during the closed beta test will be re-issued.Simultaneously with Crossout's release into OBT on PC, the game became available for free on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One.

Spoiler

New faction ‘Steppenwolfs’.

Steppenwolfs are one of the factions that make up the influential organization ‘Brotherhood’ alongside the ‘Scavengers’. The wolves are an elite squad, performing dangerous missions in difficult conditions. They are the Brotherhood's punishing sword. And Steppenwolfs are led by Major Eric Stahl nicknamed Ironhand.

In the past, Steppenwolfs, in general, were military. Later, a lot of people joined the faction.  But the backbone, the basis of the Wolves, was precisely those who survived and helped to survive the civilian population in the most difficult years right after the catastrophe .And now the faction prefers to use the latest developments of military scientists and engineers.

The faction "Steppenwolfs" can only be joined by players who have reached reputation level 25 with Engineers .

New parts have been added together with the new faction.

Cabins
Cabin ‘Jawbreaker’

• Rarity: rare
  • Energy reserves: 11.
  • One of the two main cabins of the Wolves is ‘Jawbreaker’.The harsh appearance immediately betrays its military past.

Cabin ‘Humpback’

• Rarity: epic
  • Energy reserves: 12.
  • It is designed for particularly powerful machines capable of carrying the faction's equipment and weapons.

Wheels
APC wheel

• These are particularly durable and stable wheels taken from military armored personnel carriers.They are heavy, but have great tonnage.

Mechanical legs ‘ML-200’

• Mechanical legs have low speed, but great durability. They allow you to compensate for the impact and momentum of enemy explosions and move across the battlefield in creative ways.

Weapons
‘Mandrake’ Howitzer

• Rarity: legendary
  • Huge firepower, the ability to inflict damage to a group of enemies from a distance, while in cover.

‘Caucasus’ Machine Gun

• Automatic defence complex.Independently fires at enemies that are close enough to the host vehicle.

Clarinet TOW

• Guided missile.Within a few seconds after launch, the operator can set the missile's flight direction with the camera tracking the flight.

Equipment
Sidekick drone

• Releases a mobile wheeled drone, which attacks targets in range.

Structural elements
New factional details are also available and can be obtained for achieving reputation levels with ‘Steppenwolfs’ faction. These parts can not be bought or sold on the market.

New map ‘Emergency zone’

A mysterious place, covered with sand and stones. An extremely dangerous zone formed around the wreckage, attracting adventurers and survivors.

The map is designed for PvP battles

Parts
Weapons
‘Reaper’ minigun’

• Damage increased by 10%
  • Increased ammunition from 240 to 260 cartridges

‘Avenger’ cannon

• Damage increased by 12%

‘Vector’ machine gun

• Damage reduced by 15%

‘Retcher’ grenade launcher

• Damage increased by 10%

Guided missiles ‘Hurricane’

• Increased guidance accuracy, which provides a higher chance of hitting the target.

Bumpers

• Bumpers have been tweaked. Now their characteristics closely match their name, purpose, faction.

Miscellaneous

• You can no longer start test drive on a car with parts that do not match your level.
  • The maximum length of the clan tag is now 4 characters.
  • Modifier part descriptions. Now descriptions more accurately convey the purpose of the parts and their faction's character.
  • In-game chat is now available from level 2.

Bug fixes

• Fixed parameter values in the descriptions of a number of parts.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Miscellaneous

• You can no longer start test drive on a car with parts that do not match your level.

Imho, a bad decision in regards to weapons. Not only you can't preview the weapons you want to grind for, but you also can't tweak and test your own build against weapons you don't have, but you encounter in battle. In CBT i feared scorpions and regularly tested my build against those. In CBT i could search a dual scorpion build in the exhibition, test drive it  and shoot my own build, to see if my frame or build was prone to being oneshotted. That is not possible anymore.

Edited by Kirowetz

1 hour ago, SgtZ3r0 said:

Removing the ability to test out high end gear is not a good choice. The player need to be able to test out equipment they don't have access to, regardless of level, in order to get a feel of which faction and gear they want to aim for.Nothing is more annoying then grinding for something just to find out it does not play like you thought. At the very least let players test drive all the factions blueprints.

Agreed.

So I'm very excited! I have school first, but when I'm home, I will be grinding all day and night!

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hope to see you in battle! ;)

i dont agree with this too, testing parts that we didnt had was very good it allow players to focus in 1 build that better suits their gameplay

Hey, were the CBT, battle test, and other tags removed on the forums?

Hey what the heck?

As far as I remember there were originally THREE packs, and the lowest tier one back then has given the player 2000 coins, not 1300. I would like you to reimburse the funds that have been taken away, because I bought the pack with the car and 2k coins. It is what I have paid for.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Nightmare799, the packs that were available during the CBT had 25% more coins than the current ones.

so odd question when and how do i get my Alpha/CBT car. is it a level requirement or something of that sort? I have been playing for a year and some change, is I figure I qualify. but I have not gotten the item in question yet.

BjKalderon (Posted )

signum790, if you qualify, but didn't receive any of these items - they will be delivered shortly, don't worry about that)

Can't wait to get back into the swing of this game and with a fresh start

Hello Guys !

I Have a Question :

Did i have to wait to get my "Snappy" ? I saw some of them on the Battlefield already , but i still didnt get mine yet :(

And yes, i was a CBT-tester ;)

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, ElProllo203! Yes, it's necessary to wait for some time. We will deliver everything to everyone asap.

Quick bug report...

V8 and Improved Engine stats are swapped... names and visuals are correct now though.

gaaraplayer (Posted )

derdberd, please report all bugs to the right sections. report this in bug setion please, with logs.

Posted (edited)

Hi,

So, my first post. Game have very good first impression, runs very smooth, but yet it is still far before it can be considered full game. I will point stuff that I think needed to be addressed for full immersion:

- Game lacks music and good sound effects. Hire a dedicated music man for your project. Not to mention sound effects, they sound horrible. For example shotgun, sounds like pew pew and many other sounds too. It may feel unimportant, but good sound effects and music are very important.
- Sometimes it's hard to understand which base is being captured an which one you have to capture, because of coloring. Red means your base is being captured, but red is also the base on the map you have to capture. Please fix.
- Game is far from being balanced. Maybe it will change as you progress, but it feels like machine guns are only viable option. Shotguns are too fast to overheat + eat much energy, and cannon is too hard to hit with.
- Needs more graphical options. Add more of those modern stuff for those who can afford to run them. I mean, like SSAO for example, HDR, more anti aliasing types (FXAA, SMAA, SSAA, TXAA, TAA, etc.), motion blur, depth of field, different light options, (godrays, volumetric lighting, etc.) etc.
- Make it possible to upload your own custom avatar.
- Chat needs resize options, show more history, show commands.. It is so tiny on 1920 x 1080. I imagine how small it can be if someone plays 4k..
- It is unintuitive that you must enter certain season without knowing that you must start with easy one. It is nowhere mentioned about that. I played with normal, and couldn't understand why I don't get the progress. Please fix.
- FPS drops in some areas, even so they are not that graphically intensive. One place is on the mission, where you have to get the case and move out to exit. The area with the mines drops my FPS by /2. Please fix.
- Clan search option. Maybe it' is there, but I never found one. There is only create option.
- Impossible to get "gold coins". You can get those coins only from players that have premium. No other way to get them..

Well, I think thats all for now. Other than that, congrats on your uber smooth launch. Keep up the good work)))

Edited by Nero1024

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Nero1024, thank you for your feedback! I would like to mention that the game is still in beta-test and there is still a long way of developments and improvements :) Also, we are planning to imrove the point about season quests' interface in the next update.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

And there's no premium account feature in Crossout :) You can receive coins from special packs or by selling your useless stuff on the market (without spending real money) :)

Don't change the capture colours, they are easy to read and see.

And it isnt balanced yet because people haven't unlocked the higher tier items yet. Give it time and it will even out without dev intervention like it has in the past.

my opinion on the update:

you guys need to re-add the feature to test all high tier items.

you should also slightly rework the current lvling system, lower the ammount of XP needed for each lvl with ~10% but also lower the daily bonus from 400% to ~350%.

this would make grinding for longer than ~1 hour better and easier

12 hours ago, ElProllo203 said:

Hello Guys !

I Have a Question :

Did i have to wait to get my "Snappy" ? I saw some of them on the Battlefield already , but i still didnt get mine yet :(

And yes, i was a CBT-tester ;)

THX !

Posted (edited)

I am having a lot of fun playing from the beginning and it looks like a lot of people are ready to use a lot of cash on the market so I am even making a profit. :D

I mostly have a few suggestions/questions I would like to ask.

1.Shouldn't the Torino bumpers from the Snake bite pack work as bumpers and reduce impact and melee damage?

2.Will you consider adding a detail variation or a way for people who didn't play in the closed beta to get the Snappy bugy fender pieces? I did play in the CBT but I wouldn't mind if everyone had access to the structure parts. Also since the bugy fender pieces give structure, could you maybe tweak the other fender detail pieces to offer structure too? I don't know how hard would it be to balance that so it is not important I was just curious.         

3."You can no longer start test drive on a car with parts that do not match your level." - since I don't have any of the more expensive packs such as Tramp or the Immortal warrior could you tell us how does that work with those who own the packs? Are they too unable to test drive/use the pack until they level up to 10?

4.When I started again I had a blast fighting against bots and winning a lot because I am not really good in pvp and usually die very quickly, so I wanted to ask one thing about it, would you consider adding a toggle option to get matched against only bots like the first few reputation levels? I am not talking about the pve part of the game because that is a different thing, I am talking about this because I find pvp mode really fun to quickly get in without any charges, blast a few enemies and maybe complete daily missions. Will you consider it in some way? Maybe get only quarter of drops so it cannot be exploited or just not be worth the trouble and time to other players, just for those who want to relax a bit and have fun blasting stuff away?

5.Will you consider adding an ability to gift people items and the gifter having to pay a fee based on item type (is it a paint or a decor, or is it a weapon or a module) and based on item quality? I don't think it could get exploited if we had to pay every time and it would help if somebody really wanted to surprise his/her friend with a gun or a paint can and was ready to pay coins, since the game is FTP and anyone can join.

6.Will you consider adding an ability for us to sacrifice a blueprint slots upgrade module to get a second vehicle slot instead? It would still require of us to grind for it/buy it on the market and it wouldn't bother those who don't want a second car slot?

7.Will you return the removed paint cans such as Daffodil (light orange dye), Gamma Rays (pink dye) and normal Mirage (non metallic)? Daffodil was my favourite dye and it is really a pity it got removed. :(

8.Will the small structure parts such as small avia slopes and other 2x1 and 2x2 stuff feature a return? I was hoping we would get them back with the new faction "Steppenwolves" but they have their own parts. I used small parts a lot when I wanted either to model something up or to fill in the gaps and now it is really hard to make stuff look not that blocky or stylish.

In any way sorry for the wall of text I really wanted to ask these. Congratulations on the Open Beta release though I hope it continues to go just as great and smooth as it is now! :)

Edited by Vidarval

I would like to draw some attention to the graphics department.. I am an lower end pc player and i can barely play on low. i think it would be a good idea to give it more flexavblity like wt so us low end guys can have some fun to, like rendering, no water splash, no dust kick up;  just over all bare setting like in wt.

Guys what the heck, does anyone else remember the Iron talon pack originally containing 2k coins and the vehicle or did I goof the hell out?

18 minutes ago, Nightmare799 said:

Guys what the heck, does anyone else remember the Iron talon pack originally containing 2k coins and the vehicle or did I goof the hell out?

Packs had their numbers of coins reduced. However if you bought the packs during the CBT, you were rewarded the higher amount at the reset.

You had to lock the 0.5.3 topic after two days. :( Why didn't you keep it unlocked a bit longer or at least give us a response on the copper gain? I understand that fuel increase was done in order to reduce the matchmaker's load but why wasn't copper gain increased to match the other difficulties? You could have said "it was not increased because they are easy unlike normal and hard ones" or at least some kind of info. I understand that the game is FTP but small things such as small copper difference won't really change anything when it comes to buying packs or cash from the store, it only makes existing players a bit annoyed since it wasn't explained completely.

I really like the game and I only want it to prosper as much as it can but you really need to change the way you communicate to players because this approach is not the best.

Im supprised that Founders Canyon map didnt get some redesign, that fail map with almost all battles of team goes around in this direction,, enemy team goes around in opposite direction and both just capture the bases was obvious?

So first you reduce the amount of fuel given each day (200-100), then you increase the amount of fuel required each raid (10-20) and now today i see that you cant compete in raids until you are a level 10. Really poor decision making.

On 5/30/2017 at 9:25 AM, Woodyrojo said:

‘Vector’ machine gun

• Damage reduced by 15%

what about the accuracy decrease? why didn't you list that?!

how long will the 400% increase in reputation last? i know it last for up to 60k exp pr. day but for how long will it continue?