rackham_the_red

How to loose players like a pro

Uh...Its not sounds good....yesterday I can't play with OBT version cause a few problem, but today i try it. I hope i won't gonna be dissapointed.

normal : let the new player use the common parts and ugly build again and again.now we have neither enough parts to build nor enough level to manu some rare thing.

• Upvote 1

no the ammount of XP needed for each lvl has been drasticly increased (35K for lvl10 alone D:) but in return you get a +400% XP boost like in the way deco items work for the first 60K of XP you earn a day, which is enough to yield you 1-2 levels a day in ~1 hour

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TheCatPlaysGamez said:

+400% XP boost like in the way deco items work for the first 60K of XP you earn a day, which is enough to yield you 1-2 levels a day in ~1 hour

just that these 60k are gone within about 5-15 matches (depending on how much decor you've got on your build)

with the last (or 2nd last? i forgot) update before OBT they raised the XP requirements for leveleling up 5 fold. f.ex. engineers went from 100k to 500k for lev 40

I'm gonna sit this one out.

I'll check update news, maybe play half an hour every now and then, but I'm sure as hell not gonna put up with this crap after all the other cappings

• Upvote 1

So you can't max out right away...doesn't sound bad to me.

I'd have stopped playing if I got 20 levels in a day like some games do.

Edited by grayabi
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, grayabi said:

This ^

Yeah I've played for a few days now, got engineers to 10 and a couple on scavengers, lacking parts because scrap and copper requirements where increased I think (At least I'm pretty sure scrap was) but ultimately it feels like a game that will last months now rather than weeks. 

So i'm a new player.

If i'm unlucky i get so focus fired that i spend the rest of the match looking at others play.. and i then earn between 0-75 points depending on how fast i died.

So as a new player, looking at spending days to gain just one level if i'm regularly unlucky, it's not a good way to retain me.

Now i'm enjoying the building part, so that will at least keep me for one day longer. But if i keep getting punished while earning next to no points for time invested, you will see me out of here fast.

What usually works is hanging in the back, letting others take heavy damage, and making sure you get at least some hits into as many enemies as possible. That way you get bonus XP for kill assists and stuff. Helping taking enemy bases is worth XP as well (but can be tricky).

1 hour ago, duckforceone said:

So i'm a new player.

If i'm unlucky i get so focus fired that i spend the rest of the match looking at others play.. and i then earn between 0-75 points depending on how fast i died.

So as a new player, looking at spending days to gain just one level if i'm regularly unlucky, it's not a good way to retain me.

Now i'm enjoying the building part, so that will at least keep me for one day longer. But if i keep getting punished while earning next to no points for time invested, you will see me out of here fast.

Hang back with cannons and plink away at enemies as your allies run face-first into their guns. You'll get assists for any kills you land damage on and if other people are in front of you they'll probably be focused first.

On 4.6.2017 at 2:32 AM, grayabi said:

maybe you're not awayre of the extend... to get a prestige level for a faction you now need 1 mil XP. game lets you make 60k a day till it starts punishing you, so it will take you a bit over 2 weeks (give or take) for a simple prestige level

43 minutes ago, rackham_the_red said:

maybe you're not awayre of the extend... to get a prestige level for a faction you now need 1 mil XP. game lets you make 60k a day till it starts punishing you, so it will take you a bit over 2 weeks (give or take) for a simple prestige level

Prestiges levels got no uses anyway. Who cares ?:004j:

• Upvote 1

On 6/3/2017 at 8:38 PM, MagpieOAO said:

This ^

Yeah I've played for a few days now, got engineers to 10 and a couple on scavengers, lacking parts because scrap and copper requirements where increased I think (At least I'm pretty sure scrap was) but ultimately it feels like a game that will last months now rather than weeks. 

I needed 108,000 per prestige level for Engineers before the patch, I now need 540,000 and I'm capped at 1,200 per match after earning my daily bonus. It really sucks and you'll notice this as of when you reach Level 30.

xpboost.jpg.cfcac74901cccdc9123db7dd6bf8

Edited by *KICHZY