Woodyrojo

Questions to the developers Summer 2017

107 posts in this topic

This topic is designed to collect and organize the players' questions towards the developers as well as their answers.

Answers are usually given daily on weekdays. Developers will read all questions, but questions which are not clearly defined, which are obviously stupid, which are lying on the "surface", or which violate the rules of the forum, will be ignored and deleted.

How to ask questions:
Formulate your questions as clear as possible. Try to ask only important questions. Use the search function before asking any questions, some questions may have already been answered.

The following rules apply to this thread:
1. Posts that do not contain any game related questions will be deleted.
2. This thread is not for suggestions. Any suggestion posted in this thread will be deleted.
3. Any discussion in this subject will be considered as flame and offtopic and will be punished appropriately.
4. The questions are asked towards the game developers and therefore only they can respond.
5. The thread will be cleaned at least once a week. This means that all player posts will be removed and the questions will be added to the developers answers as a quote.
6. Flood is not allowed in this topic. If the question is posted multiple times then no answer will follow.

Posted (edited)

Will add-on armor such as tin caps ever be reintroduced into the game?

Edited by Trigger_HappY
Ty for the quick responce. I suspected that was the reason why.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Trigger_HappY! All the parts that have been removed from the game may return someday in the future ;) Sometimes we remove parts in order to refurbish them completely.

When is expected full release date?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Knightlyhaze, it's too early to speak about the release date, as the OBT has just started and there're lots of things to do :) But currently we don't see any necessity in one more wipe before the release, so you won't lose your progress with the release of the game.

Glad to know the developers can be so responsive to the community. 

I had a couple questions after playing throughout the entire day with friends if you'd like to answer. 

1. What are future plans and updates to cross Out?

2. How do you balance such things in crossout like weapon damage, matchmaking, and matchmaking with friends who are much higher level then you? and how do you avoid "pay to win" mechanics that are common in free to play games? 

3.lastly I'm not sure the developers are aware considering the forums get buried with info. Currently(I play on Xbox) there is a bug with players inviting friends thus appearing a message an error saying "invalid parameters" how long will it take to address this problem? 

Thank you for any answer you may give :)

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Invalidparameter! :) 1. The game is still in beta-test and there's still a lot to do and to add before the final release :) We are planning to add new factions, maps, raids, etc. Also we want to add some events with unique gifts and so on.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

2. We always fix the balance according to the current situation. If we see that one weapon becomes the most commonly used and the others are forgotten, then it's time to fix something and make them more attractive to use. The matchmaker performs pretty well for the start of the OBT, but still we'll improve it to get rid of all the bugs. Speaking about 'pay-to-win' issue it's necessary to mention, that we believe our F2P model to be the most fair one. All the stuff from special packs doesn't give you any significant advantage on the battlefield - it's just about obtaining unique cabins and parts (still they are purchaseable through the in-game market, if someone sells them). In order to earn coins you can just sell all the useless stuff without donating any single cent :)

Woodyrojo (Posted )

3. We are aware of the problem :) We'll try to fix it during the day. Also, if you've encountered a bug, you can leave your bug report here: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/59-bug-reports/ That's the fastest way to report the issue :)

Will there be any more WIPE i mean reset of progress in levels parts etc? i mean after beta to full game or ANY WIPE?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

SneekyPL, no. We're not planning any more wipes, even before the official release.

when the missing structure parts will come back from the game ? i'm waiting for them for made my school bus live again

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Vanquisher02, if you mean those structure parts, that were removed from the game, then they won't necessarily come back. But still, if they come back, they'll be somehow refurbished)

Who came up with the idea for this game and why

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Harry! Our company "Targem games" is the one, that created the famous "Hard Truck Apocalypse" game, so the source of inspiration is clear :)

I have a not super necessary question but will their ever be old graphics cards support for crossout as their was for War thunder

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, LittleCripple! The game is super democratic to the required PC configuration (it even runs pretty well on configurations, that are below the minimum requirements). Currently we're not planning to add old graphics card support.

Hello, I'm a Xbox and Pc user of crossout (currently mostly Xbox) i have been playing the open beta test for the last four days straight, I've been loving the experience, a specially since I hadn't had the chance to be in the closed one. 

While playing some of the defensive raids against engineers if I'm not mistaken and have noticed that they seem to have a old truck cab on them, I was wondering if there was a way on console to get it? Is it the cab in the "Harsh Weekday" Bundle? I didn't have the chance to see the hot rod cabin in the market yet so could net check if it was that one. 

Secondly I was wondering if there is any content that's platform exclusive? 

Thank you you very much for taking the time to read and hope you have a wonderful day. 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, B2Pproduction! The thing is that not all the cabins, that are used by bots, are available for the players :) But it may happen, that somewhere in the future they will become available for everyone. Also, you can check the cabin from 'Harsh Weekday' bundle on the preview art ;)

Woodyrojo (Posted )

The game is pretty much the same on all the platforms. Speaking about exclusive bundles: there's 'Harsh Weekday' bundle on Xbox and 'Law of the Wasteland' bundle on PS4 :)

First of all i have played this game since mid cbt and i love the game but i wish there was a way to link my gaijin account (which i have played with for 3-2 years) with my steam account (which has never had crossout on it) bc i have money on it that i want to use on crossout so will that ever be possible thx so mch?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, train00! When the Crossout becomes available for everyone on Steam, you'll be able to link your Steam and Gaijin online accounts :)

To start I want to say congratulations on the successful release of open beta. So my question is if you guys are always going to keep a cap on things like the scrap metal or no.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Razor712, hello and thank you! About your question - any cap that the game has exists to allow the players to experience Crossout more gradually, so that the progression won't be too fast or too slow. It's still a work in progress, so the system may be changed in the future;)

Simple questions
1) What happened to the apollo generator? From what I remember before OBT, it was meant to be in the newest faction, Steppenwolfs.
1.5)If it isn't going to be with them, would players see a generator with four energy or more some time later?

BjKalderon (Posted )

Sweet__Teeth, hello! We took the apollo generator out of the game to peform some re-working on it. It's still in progress, so the generator probably won't be back in the nearest future.

Hey devs, I think I represent all of Australia and New Zealand when I ask; Where are the servers? I would love to play your game but it is impossible to play with 400+ ping. We just need something, an oceanic server even so it lowers the ping as much as possible. This would be amazing, cheers.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Hello, turtlebasic! We are aware of the issues that some of the players of Australia and New Zealand have. If the oceanic community gets big enough, the new server may be established in the future;)

Will updates about weapon balancing arrive soon?

Or it will be more time to wait?

I'm pretty disappointed to my 25mm autocannons.

There's no point using them.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Tokamak1945, at the moment we are working on balancing a number of in-game aspects so yes, in the future there will be updates regarding the weapons balance;)

Howdy there, developers!

First of all, i'd like to thank yall for the creation of crossout, amazing and promising game, i personally learned about it from a let's player friend of mine (Who was also part of the closed beta testing group) , and i am loving it so far.

Now for my question, i think one of the most promising aspects of your game is how creative one can get when making new vehicles, i had personally made a flatbed truck with an mg in the back, a military jeep and much more, and i wonder, will you folks ever consider hosting building contests on the forums, somewhere where people could enter their vehicles for an ingame price chosen by yall?

BjKalderon (Posted )

Gguy, hello there! We hosted a number of contests during the battle tests and we saw a lot of great and creative vehicles that the players crafted. As for the future, such contests are quite possible, and we'll be sure to anounce them! Oh, and it's really great that you enjoy playing Crossout - thank you for your feedback!;)

Hey Crossout ive been playing for a couple days now I have some questions. Will you find a more simpler economy because that's the only reason I haven't played a lot.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Drewson1! Unfortunately, I don't understand what in particular is difficult in our economy. The only way to sell stuff is market, that depends only on players and their support and demand :)

Is it currently possible to get the game through Steam?  I can't figure out a way.

BjKalderon (Posted )

thirtythreetango, if you've purchased the game packs, you should be able to play the game on Steam. For everybody else, the free-to-play version will be available in the nearest future;)

1.) really good idea to be able to get into direct contact with the developers

2.) from what i could gather in general chat many players consider the new Xp concept (normal advancement until first 60k then only 20% XP) as either punishment for playing more than the time it takes them to reach 60k or at least a strong negative incentive to play beyond the 60k. this is more or less a "if more than X go to negative feedback loop" conditioning of the playerbase

i also honestly have not a single clue why this strange concept was implemented. shouldn't it be in the interest of the company that as many players use the game as much as possible, meaning, give players more reward (xp, whatever) for putting more time into a game?

3.) right now, if you're not in the US or europe the game has a rather high ping, which makes using many weapons almost impossible and using all weapons rather challanging. are there any plans to get servers in other corners of the world, and if, how far developed are these plans?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, rackham_the_red! 2. The XP system was implemented in order to balance the in-game progress :) However, during the OBT it's always the subject to change and not the final concept ;) 3. We'll open new servers in new regions, when there will be a sufficient amount of players in these regions ;)

1. Will the scrap limit ever be raised/removed? (I have 3 whole days left till my limit is up and only 370 scrap to last me)

2. Why is the coupon limit so low?

3. Will the market fee be dropped below 10%? (10% is a BIT high by real world or any market standards; game or not)

4. Will there eventually be two medium raids going at the same time? (Like easy raids)

5. Will there ever be more packs added to the game?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, CompletelyCaleb! 1-3. Currently there're no plans to remove the limit of reduce the market fee. But still all those numbers are a subject to change during the beta-testing and are not the final ones. 4. That is the question of the raid popularity, we'll see, how the situation will change. 5. We've already added new packs at the start of the OBT :) And there will be some more in the future (not the nearest).

I'd like to start off by saying I love the game so far, the building is spot on and responsive enough on console to not deter you, and the range of options you have makes the game endlessly replayable; except for this is where the issue comes in. Everyone single person is using the highest energy hull they can and just making a firing line of machine guns. There is literally no point in using any other type of weapon when it comes down to you missing a shot at range and by the time you reload their six-plus beginner turrets have stripped all your guns and wheels. I'd love to make some actual armor with cannons and feel like I can compete with the those using machine guns. Will there be a balance to the machine gun spam in the near future? I bought a rapier and a 6lb cannon and I can't even use them competitively because they juse get pegged off before their brought to bear and since they take so much energy I'm left sitting there. 

BjKalderon (Posted )

LazarusTheMad, hello! It's really cool to read that you like the game! We're working hard to improve it, and there are a lot of exciting stuff on the way! As for your question: it's up to the players to choose between quick-firing machine guns and slow, but powerful cannons. The weapon system is a subject to change and currently we're working on it;)

Hey devs,

Just want to say thanks for making such an awesome game! Keep up the great work! ;D Anyways my question is, will there ever be a way to put parts onto your actual tires? Like maybe have the hatchets put directly on the hub cap of the wheel or even an auger. You could maybe even put on armour onto the wheel so it could sustain more damage before being destroyed 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Slumvilla! Thank you for your feedback! :) Currently we do not plan to add any details, that would be attachable to tires, but that's nice suggestion for the future! You may add it to 'Suggestions' section of the Forum ;)

Will there ever be cross play between ps4 and pc? Also I love this game, thanks for creating it you guys are awesome 

BjKalderon (Posted )

Hi, Omario89 and thank your for playing Crossout! The cross-platform multiplayer idea sounds cool, but it would take too much time and energy to make it real. One of the reasons the PS 4 and PC players have different servers is so that we could improve the current quality of the game and you guys can enjoy it more;)

Greetings Devs!

I got a serious question and issue with Race:
What about these guys? i met with at least 4 palyer on 4 different Race today, and they simply block us to let them friends forward....what an annoying thing is that? (Because of my anger, i sad some thing to tham what I didn't think about...)
In this picture Mr. xellos18 named player block about 5 of us on the race. First time i jumped over him fortunately, but second time this happend.
I just ask you: What is the final solution againt them, and remove this guys for a long-long-long time?
Thank you for listened me.
screenshot-170605-191913.thumb.jpg.a7e8cscreenshot-170605-191922.thumb.jpg.68978

Hi devs, first of all, thank you for creating this game, finally something where I can make funny builds and share them with people. Now to the questions:

1. Is there/will there be trading bewteen players implemented? (Ofcourse for example only people with level 15 and higher could trade to avoid making multi accounts to get some scrap)

2.Have you considered lowering the XP needed to reach ranks after rank 12? I wanted to make a Leviathan, I started some preparations and drew some plans. I have some of the parts necessary to create it in my storage, but because of almost 80k RP needed for lvl 13 it will take me at least 1-2 weeks more to get to building a Leviathan.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, GumiPR0! Thank you for your appreciation :) 1. Currently we do not plan to add trading between players. It's a question of an in-game economy and it won't be changed until the developers themselves decide, that it's important. 2. We've already lowered the amount of XP needed to reach firts levels. That's an example, that all these numbers are not final and may be changed in any of the future updates :)

I noticed the ps4 version of the open beta had some differences from the pc version. Just curious, is there any reason for this? For example, the Judge 76 requires one to be in the scavenger faction o pc, where the engineers have access to it on ps4. Also, the stats for this gun are different on each platform, the one on ps4 has more damage shown in the stats. Sorry if this has already answered else wear. Thanks!

BjKalderon (Posted )

Hello, johnboygamer! The versions for PS 4 and PC are different because of the platform specifics. They are equally important to us and we consider each platform's unique features while working on them;)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor