Woodyrojo

Questions to the developers Summer 2017

Forgot something. 2questions. 1: Will it in long future be possible people can search for clans? (i think it would help allot) 2 will we be ever possible to communicate to team? (chat not need because short battles). But send commands help, coords to focus battle (A1, b2 ) im 200 % sure question 2 will be motivate people to group and follow orders (ofc limit send coords  because people would spam) + it would help to see some nice cordinated clan games if its added :002:  ps i love the game. Gj devs and moderators etc ^^

BjKalderon (Posted )

fientjuh, the clan system will be developed and we have some cool ideas about making it better;) Oh, and glad to hear that you enjoy the game!

Hello devs,

I just want to ask, if I buy a vehicle in a pack from the in-game shop will the parts composing it be added in my storage ? And can I reuse those parts on a custom rig ?

Thank you for your time ! Your doing a great job !

BjKalderon (Posted )

mad_matt_57, hello! Yep, you absolutely can do that;)

Guest Ragnar Alpaca

Will more cabins ever be added to the game? Specifically some more car type cabins. As I would love to make some muscle cars, like in Mad Max, but right now the only option I have is the huntsmen cabin and it is generally pretty bad.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Ragnar Alpaca! Yes, we're planning to add more cabins in the future.

Is it possible to add a chat control functionality?
When in a group the group chat would be most interesting, and is not readable since it got polluted by the general chat. Some options to toggle the different chat sessions would be very welcome. On/off for general, friends and group chat for instance.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

HerrWilhelm, we're currently working on chat interface. We plan to add some useful features soon :)

Guest changing screen area

Hi devs, I am hear to discuss a option that I would and many more people like to see in the game. The option is to adjust the screen size to fit my tv because currently my screen on cross out goes over the to screen and I am unable to see parts of the game. 

Thank you for reading this

p.s I love your game and play it every day.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

We're currently working on adding this feature to the Xbox One version :)

Will there be a cabin interior view for every cabin? Like a view from the drivers point of view from the inside? And will there ever be a Graphics/Sound overhaul? 

BjKalderon (Posted )

Kobra_Actual, right now we're occupied with making the game better and better. However, we have a couple of plans for the cabin view, but it's too early to talk about this now. The graphics and sound are getting better with every update, it's just that it's done gradually, so we don't harm the players with low-end computers;)

Guest Pollo

Are you planing adding like a medic weapon / class for healing or like a place to heal?

BjKalderon (Posted )

Pollo, hello! Not at the moment, but it doesn't mean that it'll never happen;)

Awesome well rounded game, however there seems to be one main issue with me and my 7 other friends. Last night, we all got together online as a team, however the party team only allows 4 which excluded our other 4 friends from joining the same game as ours. Will that be changed to 8 or remain is 4?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Currently the limit is 4 players per group, but it's possible, that in the future we'll change or remove it :)

Hello easy question..

Is there a way to add and play with friends in Crossout? If not when will that function be released??

Thanks.

BjKalderon (Posted )

MicroMember, hello! If you are an X-BOX player, then this feature is currently unavailable, but it will be returned pretty soon. For PC and PS 4 you just need to type the nickname of your friend and invite him to join your squad!

What will happen to coins or packs that i will pay for when the game will be released?

Will they be removed or will i get them back in full release?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

We're not planning any more wipes, even with the release of the game :) So all your progress, packs and coins will remain the same :)

Guest Enderminer22

will it be possible to link you xbox account to the pc account. itd be nice to beable to use my vehicals from one on the other. plus its kinda irritating having to re do all the progress

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Enderminer22, unfortunately no. The game is not cross-platform. PC, PS4 and Xbox One have their own servers, that are not linked with each other.

when the timezone for the US comes up general chat often gets clogged up with ... lets call them not very smart "discussions" about their local politics, people start name calling, insulting et cetera, et cetera.

1) it's annoying &  makes telling useless blabla from game related stuff hard

2) afaik you have forum & chat rules in place that tell you not to do this

i would really appreciate it if your GMs would start handing out 1h or 2h mute penalities like candy to get ppl to stfu in general chat and insult each other in privat chat where the rest of us doesn't have to partake. I've seen GMs warning people several times, but with the amount of people in general chat the GMs can't keep eyes on everyone once people start whining in masses.

just mute them for everyone and be done with it. your GMs are way to lenient when it comes to this

Woodyrojo (Posted )

rackham_the_red, we're doing our best to handle all the chat messages and will try to do it better. By the way, we're planning to add the possibility to close the chat completely, if it distracts your attention :)

Hello there.

Do you think that grenade launchers and retchers (half the hp of similar sized weapons ?) are under performing and why aren't none of the drivers adding anything to these weapons?

Are there any plans to integrate weapons to the hull of the vehicle so that they share a common health pool? (To allow players to build their vehicles to actually look nice instead of creating caves in front to protect their weapons or boring box shapes riding around.)

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Drawl! 1. The drivers mechanic is a testing one and we're planning to develop and refurbish it in the future with new perks. 2. Currently no plans. The lore tells us, that Survivors craft their vehicles, using old automobiles' hulls and everything, that remains and is still useable after the incident.
  • Upvote 1

Hi, devs! I've spotted that more and more players are coming and many are willing to join clans. There are only 20 slots. My questions are:

1) Do you plan to increase number of slots for clan members (100 maybe?)

2) Do you plan to set ranks in clans? Basically, clan management. (So far commander can only invite and expell)

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hi, Whitedany! 1. It's possible, if there will be an urgent need :) 2. Yes, we're planning to add some ranks.

Guest ojorydooW

Hey woody, i want to ask why developers removed thin blocks from closed beta. They were good for armoring your car with-out incrase hit box and mass too much for speedy turret deployers or drone-bots. [Well, fellow devs nerfed to limited deploy per game, plz, point of turrets is fun and we cant get fun with limits.] Whats problem with this parts and are you guys planning add this slim-blocks again?

Aaand is radiators or coolers effect to caucasus? I mean, is this auto-shooting system connected to weapons heat ratio or server just pick a random timer every time for when machine gun start firing and stop? And if its just random isnt it wrong for weapon overheating or cooling dynmics?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, ojorydooW! Some parts were removed from the game, as they were considered as those, that not fit the game properly. Probably, we'll see some of them in the future, restyled and refurbished ;) Radiators and coolers should affect all the heat weapons in the game.

Hey guys!

i love the game, keep up the great work! I have dipped my toes in game development once, and I have a little bit of an understanding of the work that goes into it. Just wanted to say I appreciate it.

Anyways, my question is about the concept of the Scrap Cap. I simply do not understand the reasoning behind this mechanic. I have capped out my Scrap income, and now can't grind for anything, since I am not over PS 3000 to get wires yet. As such, when I hit that cap, it hit me like I drive a lunatic dune buggy into a concrete wall. I can't do anything in the game, and have resorted to Grinding out Jets in War Thunder. I get limiting the amount you get over time, or rather, giving. Bonuses to people who a repeatedly logging in, but I have no incentive to log in for the next 2 days now.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, PositiveAnion! Thank you for your appreciation :) All the caps are implemented in order to exclude the possibility of power-leveling and using any kind of cheat programs.

Will you guys ever fix the PC version so it works like the console versions do.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

PJ9364, we're doing our best. It's necessary to remember the fact, that the number of players on PC is greater, than on consoles :)

what is the reason scrap collection is capped?

BjKalderon (Posted )

HAILCAESAR01481, the reason behind each cap is balance - so that the players will progress through the game more gradually, learning more and more aspects of it;)

First off I love the game!! Couple of questions however

1. I started a clan and have people whom have joined but see there is no visible way to rank up nor a shared bank to swap goods between players. Will this be available later on?

2. I competed in the races past 2 days and got fragments for the small speaker but now see the item has changed to a spray can,are my fragments now useless?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, DEATHWEAPONxx! 1. We are planning to add a lot of features to Clans mode, including ranks, clan battles and so on :) 2. These fragments are not useless. As you can see, rewards change from time to time, and somewhere soon you'll be able to get all the rest necessary speaker fragments.

Hi there.

1. Are you going to add PVE modes or misions with no fuel cost (even without cooper rewards?)

2. Some levitation stuff for vehicles or flying modules?

3. Add some kind of falling damage?

Thank you

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hi, Leixandre! 1. Currently no plans on that. 2. We are planning to add hovers, that will allow you to create a levitation vehicle :) 3. Even if we add this kind of damage, that won't be in the nearest future.

What exactly are the chances involved when opening DIY Containers and how are the contents decided? Does the slot machine have any effect or is it all cosmetic? 

Without fail there are at least 3 blues and perhaps even a purple when the slot machine first appears, yet also without fail I've only ever received common parts.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Joltbox! The probability of getting Rare parts from the DIY container is low. But that doesn't mean it's impossible. Personally, I've received 2 or 3 rare parts from them.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

There's no open % information, if you've meant that :)

Guest thekaleb

will you come out with a mac compatible update?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, thekaleb! Currently there no plans concerning other operating systems. The situation may change, but not in the nearest future.

Do you guys kick people that are playing to let the others that are in the login Queue, in?

Third time i get kicked out of the server to relog in a 25 minutes + Queue.

And anyway your Queue, also, always trow an internal server error preventing from staying in queue . Is it gonna be fixed? There are bug reports with logs about it.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, CptDoss! We do not intentionally kick players to let the others join the game. That could be only because of server error or its reboot. We continue to work on increasing of servers stability and fixing all the possible errors. Thank you for your patience :)

Hi. My name is Ego, I'm new here. New to the game as a whole actually.

I've been trying to find my way around the game for a couple of days and I'm enjoying it a lot, got my first purple and I'm 2000 coins up in the market. However I have some questions that I hope you can answer.

1. On the 13-14th of June a maintenance hit the Xbox One version of the game, most likely included an update as several perks have changed on some weapons like the Reaper... But also, my car is now significantly slower than it was yesterday. I like the change, don't get me wrong, a 14 ton car should not move as fast as mine did, but I'd like to know what it is you changed, that made my vehicle speed change, so that I can take a look at it and build accordingly in the future to get the best out of my vehicle. Maybe you increased the weight of some parts?

2. On a related note to that. It is unclear to me how engines work. Let's take a look at the Lunatic's "Improved engine". I can see that it is the engine in game that will make my vehicle move the fastest out of all the engines, but then it says "mass limit +1000 kg."

Does this mean that the engine gives it's speed bonuses + adds 1000 kg of extra allowed mass to put on the vehicle? Or does it mean that If I have the Humpback cabin, which in itself has a mass limit of 20800, that I'll add the 1000+ kg from the engine for a total of 21800 mass limit. So If I build a vehicle that weighs less than 21800 kg, the engine will work, but if I was to create a vehicle with a mass higher than 21800 kg, the engine would be unable to pull the weight and I not gain anything from the using the engine?

3. Now that the Reaper has limited ammo, I've changed my plans for my "end game" build. I'm planning on using a couple of MG13 Equalizers as a part of my build. On this weapon it states "The longer the weapon fires, the higher its damage. After 7 seconds of uninterrupted shooting damage increases by 100%". Does this also mean that if I only fire my Equalizer for 3,5 seconds, that it would have increased to 50% damage at the last shot? Or does the bonus ONLY take effect after 7 seconds?

4. Related to that, I plan on using an Improved Cooler in my build. But I'm unsure if it'll work on it's own. Can an Improved Cooler reduce the base cooldown rate by 150%? Because else one would have to have 2 Charged radiators (100% overheat threshold and cool down increase) in order to take full advantage of the Improved Cooler.

5. Is there like a general timeline for console updates to always be behind the PC updates by a certain amount of time? I'd like to know because if we get hit by the 5 fuel gain thing soon, I'll buy fuel while the price is good. Who knows, might be able to sell it back for 3x the price when people start running out of fuel. (I'm looking forward to the driver with perks thing, make the game more complex, more playstyles).

Thank you for making a great game, I hope you'll manage it well so we can continue to enjoy your unique product.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Ego! 1. The answers are in patchnote :) Main points are: the less wheels are attached to a cab, the faster it accelerates. After attaching a wheel, the power of the cabin slightly decreases, and the acceleration time slightly decreases.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

2. Yes, the engine gives it's bonuses to the cabin and adds 1000 kg to its mass limit. Let me explain you main things about mass limit and tonnage. Tonnage shows the cap of vehicle's weight, after which you'll start to lose more and more in acceleration and speed. After you reach mass limit, your vehicle will be unable to move at all.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

3. It means that the damage of your Equalizer will increse by 50%, you're right :)

Woodyrojo (Posted )

4. The improved cooler increases weapon cooling speed by 150% on its own.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

5. Currently there's no information about that. The thing is that PC and console versions of the game are pretty unique and not all the updates, that hit PC version, may hit console versions.

i wanted to ask the devs if they will ever release a update that improves the textures like a high resolution pack.   I would love to see the bullet damage on the vehicles,  like bullet holes in the part piece   and maybe even a dude in the car saying  cuss words at the enemy players. Or comments on the players vehicle ex.  I feel  protected in this tank of a car ^^    and btw ty to the devs you did a great job on this game

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, pleasedonot! Currently we have no plans on adding some kind of high resolution pack, but in the future it may happen :) And there's no possibility to add the 3D model of driver, as the age rating of the game is 12 :)