Woodyrojo

Questions to the developers Summer 2017

Hi, any plans to address the current shotgun popularity (especially behind Jawbreaker cabins) 6k+ is dominated by these, especially as players team up to use them.  

Additionally, as I'm sure you are aware, Wasps played the same way make up many of the builds due to the 50% reduction in their hit box.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hi, EhWhatOldBean! If the statistical research shows us, that shotguns are overpowered, we'll definitely apply some balance tweaks, just like we've already done in previous patches.
  • Upvote 2

Hi was just wondering if there was any future plans to set up an Oceanic server ? As my friends and I love playing the game but playing with 220-300 ping all day gets a little annoying after a while.Thanks for your time.

Ka1deron (Posted )

Iamthereddevil, hello! We are aware that a lot of players have been asking to provide an Oceanic server and we certainly have plans to do it;)

Is there an option to make the minimap larger (same scale)?
If not please provide an option to make the minimap larger.

Ka1deron (Posted )

DangerouslyIncom, right now there is no such option, but we know that a lot of players have been asking about it. At the moment I can recommend you to lower your resolution - it should help;)

Guest 3 Quick Question :

1 . What is your plan about Future Relics because There is a really big need of new relics , if you need Help programming the weapons i can help you with that

2. When will the full release Comes out?

3. finally i just wanted to press 3 so this is pretty awkward please reply this

Email me if you need help trust me im an I.T guy

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello! 1. We plan to add new weapons, as well as new cabins, modules and so on. But currently it's too early to talk about something particular (rarity, model, etc.). 2. The OBT has just started. At this moment there's no official release date.

Hey Guys, Just curious.  What engine does Crossout run on?  In terms of Unreal, Source, Unity etc.  Or is it an engine that was built in-house?

Ka1deron (Posted )

BrandonBranders, hello! Crossout uses the last version of our own game engine;)
  • Upvote 1

I'm not sure if this question has been answered, but will the medieval equipment i've heard others talk about from the CBT be available in the OBT?

Ka1deron (Posted )

wereheald, this equipment was available during the "Knight Riders" event. Right now, there are no plans to add this equipment back into the game, but it may happen in the future;)

Can you please explain whet the error 'some parts are not welded' means? I am stuck in the garage as every time I try to go into a battle I get that message...and it's getting very frutrating as I can't actually play the game!!!

Is there some way to reset my vehicle back to default?

Ka1deron (Posted )

Alvaro838, the parts that are not welded are red - coloured. the error message will go away when you either weld them, or just delete them;) Also, if you saved a blueprint of your vehicle you can reset it back anytime;)

Guest ETA on full release?

This is probably a pretty common question, but I haven't done really any searching around on the forums. I run a fairly large group in which beta content is (supposed to be) the main topic. This beta is on console, so of course, there aren't that many betas to keep content rolling in smoothly. I'm not asking for a release date or anything, as that's pretty unforeseeable, but maybe just a ballpark minimum? 6 months? 1 year? longer?

Ka1deron (Posted )

Hello! At the moment we don't have an ETA of a full release. We have a lot of ideas that we want to implement into the game during the OBT, so at this point it's quite difficult to name any dates;)

Dear developer,

Is it possible to change a clan's leader?

Ka1deron (Posted )

DanielLuCiffer, at the moment this feature is not available. However, the clan system is going to be developed, and you'll see the first results very soon;)
  • Upvote 1

I have an odd question.  Ingame I have a _ in front of my name: _ThoughtfulMoron.   On the forum it is *ThoughtfulMoron.  I put neither in front of my name, and would prefer if they weren't there.  Why are they there, and can I remove them?

Ka1deron (Posted )

*ThoughtfulMoron, it's probably because you left a space before the first letter of your nickname. Try to change it again here: https://crossout.net/en#/;)

Is there plans to remove all the restriction and caps on boosted xp/scrap and such?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, brianbrammerffs! No, we have no plans to remove caps. They are necessary to make the leveling process more smooth and to allow players to gain needed experience before diving into high-PS battles.

Hey Devs i want to start with saying that i really enjoy this game and play regulary on xbox, however there are some issues.                                                                                                                                                                      

1- the Xp system is broken, noone wants to spends days to level up once.A solution could be to add more levels with less XP required for each level, this would keep people from leveling too fast but still allow a feeling of progression, what do you think? i feel this would be a better system.                                                                                                                                                                     

2- XP cap , this is another issue and i believe it should be raised or removed, is there any plans with improving it?                                                                                                                                                                               

3 - race trolling , many players block people in races , is there any plans to fix this? I had an idea that if you made races non-collidable then noone can block or troll you                                                                                                                                                                            

4 - Any changes planned to balance market?                                                                                                                                                                       

5 - finally i want to ask if we could be allowed more blueprint spaces ,4 is way too low. What if you sold blueprint spaces for real money? lets say £5 for every 20 spaces

Edited by Tomx16
bad spelling

Ka1deron (Posted )

Tomx16, hello! 1-2). The XP system and it's aspects are subjects to change. We constantly work on making it better, and if you feel that your ideas may help the game become better, you can share your ideas here: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/16-suggestions-premoderation/ 3). The race checkpoints were developed for the players to always have an alternative way. But thanks for the signal - right now the developers are working improving this mode and if you can provide any screenshots of the violators, don't hesitate to send them via personal messages to GM's;)

Ka1deron (Posted )

4).The market of Crossout is player-based, so we don't interfere with it. We won't let it crash, though;) 5). At the moment we don't have any plans to raise the amount of available blueprints;)

Guest Spaden

Hey

it would be really nice if "headlights" were assigned to left or right arrow key on the default key setup since the are unassigned on the PS4... can this be done?

Ka1deron (Posted )

Spaden, hello! Right now there are no such plans. However, the gamepad controls' changes will be coming in the future, so stay tuned for updates;)

Hi. Is there any plans for a clan part vault or any other style of in-clan trading? It'd be great if there were more perks to being in a clan.

Edited by MSquared

Ka1deron (Posted )

MSquared, hello! All of the in-game trade is handled via the Market. We don't have any plans on adding trade between the players. But the clan vault may be coming in the future as we got some ideas regarding developing the clan system;)

Hi, How do i to add friends? (PC)

Ka1deron (Posted )

Xokker, hello! While in Garage menu, just click the button on the left (right under the Garage menu);)

Will Drones, flying or otherwise ever be restricted in number based on the PS of your vehicle?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Virtualburn! Players are free to use as many drones, as their energy pool allows. Do not forget, that in next updates we may rebalance most of the weapons and modules. The whole situation may change completely.

Do you consider making the brawls more enjoyable by balancing the games with a Powerscore like in normal matches? It's quite sad that I can't do anything about other people with about 4-6k against people who have about 11k who just dominate the whole brawl.

Still thanks for your great game, I've had alot of fun so far. :3

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, KingWeirdo! Currently we have no plans on balancing brawls by PS. Brawls are ultimate challenges, where it's necessary to be as powerful as it's possible. However, we are preparing something interesting for those, who want to participate in brawl, but have not sufficient PS :)

What is about the wiki? It is severly outdated yet you seem to be very opposed to anything that could help chance this state.

Why?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, ARES_IV! Those wikis, which you can find now aren't our official resources. Soon we'll take care about our official wiki page. At least, we have it in our plans.

Guest LIBERTY

Will you ever add something that would enable a rotating turret similar to that of a tank, such as a M60 Patton, M1 Abrams, or a Panzer? Because I saw a Leopard on the Exhibition but when I tested it the turret was just for show. Many people would probably love to make a tank comparable to their real life counterpart. Also how do I submit suggestions?

Ka1deron (Posted )

LIBERTY, it's quite possible, but you shouldn't expect it in the nearest future. 2). You can share your ideas in this topic: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/16-suggestions-premoderation/. It's on pre-moderation, but if your suggestion is unique and posted according to the rules, it's going to get published;)

Hi, let me start by saying I really enjoy the game and look forward to see what else you guys will do with it. My question is do you guys have any plans of make like a minimum amount of players to Start the raids? I keep running into the issue I go to do a 40 or 100 raid and 2 or 3 of the players don't load in and I forced to run it by myself or with only one other person which for certain raids make it almost impossible to complete. I'm hoping that you guys will set it up so that the raid only begins if there are four players loaded in and if not it's kicks you back to the garage and doesn't take your gas for a lost cause.

Ka1deron (Posted )

Hello! We are aware that issues like this one may happen. We are working on the matchmaking system, incuding it's PvE aspect.
  • Upvote 1

Hello,

I love this game as I was really into twisted metal but this went above and beyond to be able to create your own mass of destruction. Good job and I hope it continues to improve as I continue to stay loyal and play it. I have 3 questions for you starting from high importance and going down the list.

1)     The destruction of a player (or AI) results in the cabin exploding with leftover parts flying everywhere. This is very neat and fun to watch. However; are they any plans to take in to the next step and create different death animations? I.E. Cabin cut in half by a buzzsaw before exploding, hatchet puncturing into the cabin before exploding, 1/4 of cabin blown off by a cannon before exploding. I know this can get very intricate and take alot of time to develop properly but I was just curious if it could happen. [please don't just say yes or no haha ;)]

2)      Will there ever be a campaign to this game as there was in twisted metal? Not necessarily a story line with sweet tooth and calypso because this game doesn't necessary have charactors, just factions. but something of the sort to make a campaign?

3)       Does melee damage (primarily from ramming, hatchet, spikes, etc.) directly correlate to the speed you are going? Like if you were to have 7 boosters and hit someone right on the cabin would it do like 800 damage instead of 100 going normal speed?

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. I (and im sure they do too) really appreciate it!

Ka1deron (Posted )

Chaoswarrior4, hi! We love Twisted Metal too! 1). You are absolutely right - it is a very complicated feature to implement. However, Crossout is getting better with every update, so it's possible. But you shouldn't expect it to happen soon, as we are now focused on optimizing and balancing the game. 2). We don't have plans to develop a single-player campaign. Crossout's main focus lies with multiplayer, and there's a lot of work to be done;) 3). The collision system consists of many different aspects but mostly, yes;)

Thank you so much for saying above that clan vaults are a possibility. Those would be great.

Going further into clans, is there a chance for clan specific blueprints? I have clanmates that have been asking for those. Of course, this would not be a necessity but more of a nice-to-have feature. :002j:

Ka1deron (Posted )

MSquared, at the moment we don't have plans to include shared blueprints into the game outside of the Exhibition.
  • Upvote 1

Hello, 

I wanna know how ramming damage are calculated ?

Whar are the variables ? Speed ? Weight ? Booster ? Acceleration ? 

I actually trying to build a sort of raming build with boosters. I have try with fast and slow build, light and heavy on a crash test builds. And I have lot's of difficulties to estimate correctly how that work. My results change and a lot while the target is the same. 

Edited by Tigrius_MkIV

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Tigrius_MkIV! The final ramming damage depends on both weight and speed of your craft.

what about the medival items brought by the temporary event faction. Knecthe, was it? Will those items ever return and what about people that owned several of their items befor the open beta? I really hope to hear the sound of the huntsman once again (as well as launch small AI vehicles across the map). (sorry about asking this same question as a guest, forgot i wasnt logged in)

And what is it with items i have seen about crossout but never in game... in one of your update videos the dev inventory was open and there was a lot of stuff i have never seen in game. Like the enginless pickup(huntsman) a seat with a Wheel, tons of different wheels, and the hot rod cabin (which is on one of the screenshots for crossout on steam. And the First time someone told me about this i searched "Crossout" i have seen what appears to be a buggy cabin (Growl) strapped on a piece which wasnt a frame(maybe... memory doesnt serve me well) and, most importantly, it had hover jets and is flying. (then theres the flying pickup on the old loading screen.

Ka1deron (Posted )

luxon001, hello! 1). We know that the players loved this event, and we're hoping to launch it once again sometime;) 2). These videos are being shot using the special version of the game (game servers, to be exact), so there can be some unavailable details that are not used in the playable version of Crossout.

I get that this game is in flux, but crafting for better movement (wheels, tracks/legs) has a terrible payoff. You can make a rare+ gun and wreck with it. However your need to make at least 2 rare+ movement parts to make them useful or your ride will be unbalanced.

Q: Will crafting wheels, tracks, and legs become more affordable?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

EternalGolem, all the movements parts are one of the most important in the game. We don't have any plans to change their crafting requirements.