Vidarval

Ability to gift items to other people with a gifting fee

11 hours ago, CalenLoki said:

Tax fee could be based on current market price, instead of some artificial tier/type. Would be even more abuse-proof.

Yes it could, the only reason I did not suggest it is because there are some items like paint cans which still haven't appeared in large enough numbers so you see them on sale for 2000 coins and buy orders for 0.58 coins and stuff like that.

This gifting option should be made "If you really have to gift something away and do not mind the fee" so it cannot be exploited or anything.

• Upvote 2

How about the ability to buy of the marketplace for a friend this stop Chinese item sellers completely and sitll allows you to buy your friend a nice wep.

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2017 at 9:39 AM, Woodyrojo said:

Hello everyone! :) We're not going to add the possibility to gift coins (or details) directly to your friends. That would ruin the in-game economy due to abusers and cheaters. The idea to implement the possibility to buy something for a friend seems much more decent, but that's impossible to realise in now. Probably, we'll manage it in the future!

Hm sorry to hear that. :/

But I think the main thing here wasn't the ability to gift coins but an ability to gift items with a huge gifting fee so only those who really want/have to gift something would use it.

I mean another in game coin sink can never hurt the game economy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/9/2017 at 9:21 AM, USAINBOLT said:

This would also add an easy way to RMT

What does RMT mean? I mean is that a good or a bad thing?

Edited by Vidarval
  • Upvote 2

On 6/7/2017 at 0:39 AM, Woodyrojo said:

Hello everyone! :) We're not going to add the possibility to gift coins (or details) directly to your friends. That would ruin the in-game economy due to abusers and cheaters. The idea to implement the possibility to buy something for a friend seems much more decent, but that's impossible to realise in now. Probably, we'll manage it in the future!

This ... exactly. There is no other way it could work without abuse. It would be a nice feature. Me say, 2k coins, friend starts playing, here have a couple vectors. Or whatever. Doesn't ruin the market and is the only way. It would be hard to implement though... Be surprised to ever see it.

RMT. = real money transactions. Soon as you can give people anything the items will be for sale on reddit. Even with a hefty coin fee, the sellers will just add what ever that is to the transaction. And then no one could actually use it as intended because it would cost you 50 dollars to give your friend some blues. Even in games where all items are bound to account they power level accounts and sell the whole thing. In this case it would be your Playstation account. And that does all ready happen with popular games. Google buy warframe account OR buy war thunder account, anither gaijin game.

Add: just Google buy crossout account...thays all ready a thing too rofl

Edited by *SlickToxin
  • Upvote 3

On 7/5/2017 at 5:01 PM, *SlickToxin said:

RMT. = real money transactions. Soon as you can give people anything the items will be for sale on reddit. Even with a hefty coin fee, the sellers will just add what ever that is to the transaction. And then no one could actually use it as intended because it would cost you 50 dollars to give your friend some blues. Even in games where all items are bound to account they power level accounts and sell the whole thing. In this case it would be your Playstation account. And that does all ready happen with popular games. Google buy warframe account OR buy war thunder account, anither gaijin game.

Add: just Google buy crossout account...thays all ready a thing too rofl

This.

what if you send them some chests which you buy with coins and can gift them buying them like gifts and give them random to someone from friend list or something like that

It would require to have at least 10 friends in list in order to do so ,problem fixed ,if your friend getting lucky :) , if not maybe next time ,would be a great idea for people who got all weapons to can help others getting stuffs

6 hours ago, MAN_DOWN said:

what if you send them some chests which you buy with coins and can gift them buying them like gifts and give them random to someone from friend list or something like that

It would require to have at least 10 friends in list in order to do so ,problem fixed ,if your friend getting lucky :) , if not maybe next time ,would be a great idea for people who got all weapons to can help others getting stuffs

What a terrible idea.

there should be sometimes and discounts ;)) to the shop buying coins ,that is happening everywhere ,would adding in-game some coins too

right now the in-game buying coins look so unreal ... i mean you need about 35 E to buy one legendary weapon , and that ofc if you don't need other car parts..., is like a full build with 2 legendary 1gas generator some charged radiators or improved cooler + tracks and cabine no speaking about ammo packs would get you over 100 E just for 1 build ...

1 entire build cost pretty much even the world of tanks cars cost less than this , for an build is quit much

• Like 1

I don't see wanting to give someone a weapon to help them along as a problem. If anything, if want to give someone an item that is worth 1,000 gold coin, am I not the one who is losing out here? For example, my son does not play this game as much I do, and as a result I am better off than him. Where is the problem in me helping him along, especially if the gesture keeps him playing the game?

• Upvote 2

On 9/22/2017 at 6:54 PM, maxpontiac said:

I don't see wanting to give someone a weapon to help them along as a problem. If anything, if want to give someone an item that is worth 1,000 gold coin, am I not the one who is losing out here? For example, my son does not play this game as much I do, and as a result I am better off than him. Where is the problem in me helping him along, especially if the gesture keeps him playing the game?

Yeah what if your account get hacked and someone steal your items ,what if you use of this to sell your items for real money and what if you are just an lier and not even care to help your friends... 

You want to help your friends ,help them get them items from season quests and then just don't say anything anymore cause this make you look like an non proffesional lier

The entire game is gear progression, gifting would break it. Moot point since the devs wisely decided against it. You add any kind of cash incentive to the public you get swamped with chinese bot farms, hackers, spam advertising in game, etc.

• Like 1

There are people with millions of coins ( or even more ) if the gifting/ selected trading would be implemented, it would break the game completely. These people would have absolute ruling power on the market, they already have uranium ores in their grasps so let's not go further with that. This system must not be implemented at all case.

• Upvote 1

yes, the only way games like this should allow players to give to others, is through paying real money, not with any in-game currency.

like gifting someone a pack with your own money.

Edited by R4Ging

Ok, but what about buying an item from the market for somebody else? Is that abusable too?

On 6/3/2017 at 9:39 AM, Travis10123 said:

How about the ability to buy of the marketplace for a friend this stop Chinese item sellers completely and sitll allows you to buy your friend a nice wep.

On 6/7/2017 at 9:39 AM, Woodyrojo said:

I mean buying it from market for another person doesn't sound that bad. I hope you do manage it in some way in the future.

On 9/24/2017 at 1:43 PM, ROACHOR said:

The entire game is gear progression, gifting would break it. Moot point since the devs wisely decided against it. You add any kind of cash incentive to the public you get swamped with chinese bot farms, hackers, spam advertising in game, etc.

Gifting would break it? So a person buying a pack or coins to buy something for himself breaks his gear progression? Even though you actually have to be a specific level to use purple and orange items?

Edited by Vidarval

2 hours ago, Vidarval said:

Ok, but what about buying an item from the market for somebody else? Is that abusable too?

I mean buying it from market for another person doesn't sound that bad. I hope you do manage it in some way in the future.

Gifting would break it? So a person buying a pack or coins to buy something for himself breaks his gear progression? Even though you actually have to be a specific level to use purple and orange items?

you have no logic in what you say

If you manage to take yourself items by doing coins , i think you can help your friend to do quests raids ,to explain him the game system , if he want more ,or want to get items, is up to him to use his money , i started from nothing and in like 1 month and 3 weeks have such good in-game content as someone who but over 60 E , so i feel proud of me that i did this alone , and was playing with friends just missions to take electronics scrap and wires ,about raids , i started by myself to see the season quests value ,and most of time i was searching on chat for groups ,when i started to doing hard raids i was like just humback and 2 mini guns equalizer , and i was like having common wheels , so idk what you complain about grinding , who work will have in life everything who buy coins and buy thinghs will never appreciate the thinghs as these are , if you really want to gifting someone something in real life i don't think you going to make him a car ... ,so as it is system prevent the game abuse ,you want something be opened too fair solutions , i said about random gifting function but then you should have at least 10 -15 friends and all at least lv 20 to make gifts , also there if devs find you that you abuse system to be banned on the game , problem done

You also can sell your friends items more cheap on them buying offer , or to give them tips about what weapons are op and how to farm quick and get the items etc..