Vidarval

Ability to gift items to other people with a gifting fee

That's an exploit waiting to happen, there are already gold spammers now that basically sell nothing, and this is good. Imagine chat if they actually could sell stuff. no, this is painful and hard to help your feinds who you just convinced to come to the game, but one of the better decisions targem made early

• Upvote 2

On 9/29/2017 at 10:16 PM, MAN_DOWN said:

you have no logic in what you say

If you manage to take yourself items by doing coins , i think you can help your friend to do quests raids ,to explain him the game system , if he want more ,or want to get items, is up to him to use his money , i started from nothing and in like 1 month and 3 weeks have such good in-game content as someone who but over 60 E , so i feel proud of me that i did this alone , and was playing with friends just missions to take electronics scrap and wires ,about raids , i started by myself to see the season quests value ,and most of time i was searching on chat for groups ,when i started to doing hard raids i was like just humback and 2 mini guns equalizer , and i was like having common wheels , so idk what you complain about grinding , who work will have in life everything who buy coins and buy thinghs will never appreciate the thinghs as these are , if you really want to gifting someone something in real life i don't think you going to make him a car ... ,so as it is system prevent the game abuse ,you want something be opened too fair solutions , i said about random gifting function but then you should have at least 10 -15 friends and all at least lv 20 to make gifts , also there if devs find you that you abuse system to be banned on the game , problem done

You also can sell your friends items more cheap on them buying offer , or to give them tips about what weapons are op and how to farm quick and get the items etc..

I don't think you read my message carefully. I was referring to what ROACHOR said, also I wasn't complaining about any kind of grinding, please point me to the part where you think I was complaining about it.

This is what ROACHOR wrote:

On 9/24/2017 at 1:43 PM, ROACHOR said:

The entire game is gear progression, gifting would break it. Moot point since the devs wisely decided against it. You add any kind of cash incentive to the public you get swamped with chinese bot farms, hackers, spam advertising in game, etc.

On 02/06/2017 at 10:44 AM, Cpt_Nero said:

Suggestion has been noted, added to Document.

Are you a bot that autoreplies to threads or do you Actually read things before "added to the document"?

You don't think there's a reason trade is discouraged and interrupted by bots?

You want to break what is already a collapsing game economy and destroy all earned progression.

Please stop approving terrible ideas that only you agree with nero, you are abusing your position in order to influence the game design and you have terrible taste.

• Thanks 1

The only option i see to be reasonable is that you can buy a pack with real money, and then type the nickname of the player who will receive it. You must take into perspective those people who are top tier and absolutely dominate the clan wars and market. There must not be an option to further let them have an upper hand on lower tier people

Anything that involves gifting to other players is usually exploited by people starting up multiple accounts and sending everything to one of them, so that it gets all the best items. I've seen it in other games, even when there's real money involved.

There's always a few people who don't like losing and will do anything to get ahead, even better if they don't have to work for an advantage and it's just handed to them on a plate, or via a wallet.

• Upvote 1

Only way gifting would work is to block fake accounts like steam does. Spend lets say 50-100$ on in game items or coins and you can send anyone every item you want. I know it is alot but no one would spend 100$ on 10 accounts to grind. There would not be alot of people with that feature but it would work in this way only. Gaijin would make profit and people would get ability to gift to their friends. And second account with same payment info should not able to trade even if they spend 1000$

Edited by FusionFenix
  • Upvote 1

There is already a "buy as gift" option @ store, use it.

Everything other ingame will be abused and i dont like RMT spam in every chat!

• Upvote 3

RMT trading is not what players want, not everyone can afford to spend 50$ on someone else... if you dont like this forum (couse of rtm spamm) why are you still here ?

• Thanks 1

Just in case it hasn't been suggested already would the idea of making a gifted item untradable (like when you get an item via crates or upgrade one) be a valid idea for potential development?

I have a couple of friends who stopped playing due to not having the time to grind and as I have no social life I've got a few decent weapons I'll gladly hand over to them if it gets them playing 

An open invitation to twink accounts, Chinese spam from gold sellers and a litany of other horrors. 

You must know nothing about gaming history to come up with that bad a suggestion. 

• Upvote 1

What about a loan system In the loan system you temporarily lend an item to a friend (on list) that your able to retrieve it at anytime they are out of battle and in garage or automatically when loan expires. You can then loan it to them for 2hrs. If you wanted back before then so long as they aren't in battle you can cancel the loan to retrieve it. It would negate most of the abuse ability of the idea out however If your worried about a person lending too often or to many items to one player at once you could set limits. I.e. like no more than 1 of an item or 1 item per 24/hr period... Going further than that you could restrict loans of duplicate items from additional players while the loan is active. That would make it so you couldn't have loan farms renting items out.

I like the concept because I play with my cousin and often we say I wish we could share a little as we play together. Plus this would allow players to check and see if a item will fit in a build they are making prior to acquiring them as their own.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

gift cards are a thing, & so is buying another player a pack/s.  https://support.gaijin.net/hc/en-us/articles/115000162045-Sending-and-receiving-gifts conditions apply

you can probably do it with STEAM to STEAM account to

Although you are essentially giving away RL $$$ to some random so the problem of being scammed becomes your responsibility

One person can have multiple accounts and gift himeslf items that he or she or it have created on second account to his main account, getting the item for cheeper than it would be to buy it on the marketplace.
if a player had.... lets say 10 accounts (one main and 9 alts), and just did the daily reawards on the 9 accounts, its 2000 scrap over the 10 accounts, ofcourse it takes some time to set the accounts up, but not for long a player could easly send himself 9 blue items every 3-ish days.
I feel this sugestion is more a way to exploit the system than anything.
Yeh the fee could work, but if its lower than marketplace, everyone would start doing this.

A way to gift a player ingame coins via the website would be better.
The gifter would simply enter the nickname he or she or it would want to give to and the ammount of coins
That way the player gets a gift, Gaijin gets money to keep the servers alive, its a win win for everyone.
And the player could buy the stuff on marketplace.

Edited by Sasherz
  • Upvote 1

If you want to throw away your parts or your coins, you can already do that on the market, albeit slowly and at your own risk....

This is happening all the time between friends and clan mates already.

Friend A says they want a certain part, Friend B says they will sell it, so Friend A puts in a bid at 1 cent over the maximum buy offer, and Friend B quick sells to Friend A.

In this case the "gifting fee" would be the tax and that Friend B probably sold at a loss.

I think in extreme cases, the arbiter would step in and someone loses coins, but people are doing it anyway.

• Haha 2

On 6/17/2018 at 12:57 PM, Sasherz said:

if a player had.... lets say 10 accounts (one main and 9 alts), and just did the daily reawards on the 9 accounts, its 2000 scrap over the 10 accounts, ofcourse it takes some time to set the accounts up, but not for long a player could easly send himself 9 blue items every 3-ish days

That's why I was thinking a loan system would work better and be less abusable. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Allow only player trade in same clan on crafted items/crafted fused, with a min set cost based of rarity, this means you cant trade pack items this way

An fragments items like fragments from clan war should be able to sale to clan this way

Must be a member for a week.

Common min cost  5 coins or higher by the player with item with standard market tax

Rare min cost 50 coins or higher by the player with item with standard market tax

Epic min cost 100 coins or higher by the player with item with standard market tax

Legendary min cost of 200 coins or higher by the player with item with standard market tax 

Relic min cost of 500 coins or higher by the player with item with standard market tax

No fuel/scrap/wire/copper an so on etc an pack items cant be sold this way.

Lets face it almost every clan out there trades among them selfs I can name 40 clans that do it daily, with the setup of what I said there is zero exploit to it cause you need to be a member for atlest a week, an with minimum set cost they cant get it free with tax, there its a win win setup for all.

Edited by CrimsonReaper
  • Upvote 1

Gift boxes should be an item that can be created during special event times - e.g. Christmas /friend list birthdays/other.

They should only be exchangeable with members of your current friends network list.

Gift box constructions would equal 8% of Current Market Value for the item. The cost would be in amounts of scrap/copper/wires/plastic/batteries depending on the items rarity.  The giver needs to construct the box before it can be addressed/delivered.

- Giver picks gift box construction from engineers menu.

- Giver selects item to give from their inventory.

- Cost of box is calculated and the Giver can either OK or Cancel.

Once completed, Item is addressed to any player from the Giver's friends list.

- Recipient is informed that they are being given a gift and may accept the delivery fee or cancel the delivery - in which case the items are returned to the Givers inventory and the gift box is lost.

If accepted, the recipient would need to pay a 2% CMV delivery fee to redeem the item. Cost of redemption fee = scrap/copper/plastic.

It's not ideal, but it would be a useful way for team member to help each other, and it is too costly to be exploited.

You'll really want to 'give to my friend' to construct one of these things.

Just my 20c worth.

Stoopid_noob :)

• Upvote 1

On 12/27/2017 at 11:36 AM, Thesmiths82 said:

Maybe the items gifted to another player get tagged not for sale?

May only allowing gifting of not for sale items.

• Upvote 1

On 7/5/2017 at 11:01 PM, *SlickToxin said:

RMT. = real money transactions. Soon as you can give people anything the items will be for sale on reddit. Even with a hefty coin fee, the sellers will just add what ever that is to the transaction. And then no one could actually use it as intended because it would cost you 50 dollars to give your friend some blues. Even in games where all items are bound to account they power level accounts and sell the whole thing. In this case it would be your Playstation account. And that does all ready happen with popular games. Google buy warframe account OR buy war thunder account, anither gaijin game.

Add: just Google buy crossout account...thays all ready a thing too rofl

pretty shure this promotion is against gayjin policy ;)

• Upvote 1

please read: 

Specifically: 

• 45 accounts were blocked in Crossout for violation of the License Agreement and the Terms of Use (conducting prohibited transactions in the in-game market).

https://crossout.net/en/support/eula/#/

https://crossout.net/en/support/termsofuse/#/