TheOnlyInformant

Objective Icons and Crosshairs

Objective icons will be changed at a later date.

Suggestion already in the Document.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 02.06.2017 at 5:28 PM, TheOnlyInformant said:

Objective icons, such as the ones in Cargo Race, are placed right at the objective, obstructing my view of any Raider vehicles within the circle. Or in instances of long-range engagement, unable to see them at all. Suggesting that icons be placed above the objectives, and be smaller and be scaled down the closer you get. Have the countdown timer in a fixed position in the top center of the screen.

The Crosshair is small, and because it's small, the center dot is off-center, since there is no "center pixel". Also the dispersion crosshair is hard to track in battle with cannons that have slow-traverse, leading to missed shots because MG crosshairs are far faster.

Just want to agree with that

• Upvote 1

Nah it is true! fortehlulz said he would promote me to cammander in chief of crossout!

I was going to make a suggestion to make the objective markers transparent when the cursor is on/near them, but decided that this thread somewhat covered it.  I have not been able to see countless raiders because of the issues with the opaque objective marker.

• Upvote 2

My suggestion to this topic, would be to raise the actual objective markers, at the moment they are ground level, and they tend to draw over everything, if they are above the normal height of vehicles, then they shouldn't interfere with gameplay, at the moment you could hide 3 entire hard raid waves behind the markers. also shrinking their size might help.

screenshot-170824-181654.jpg

Edited by Stewart_Mckinna
  • Upvote 1

On 8/21/2017 at 7:44 AM, Stewart_Mckinna said:

My suggestion to this topic, would be to raise the actual objective markers, at the moment they are ground level, and they tend to draw over everything, if they are above the normal height of vehicles, then they shouldn't interfere with gameplay, at the moment you could hide 3 entire hard raid waves behind the markers. also shrinking their size might help.

The problem with that is that the hight of the marker is used to tell if the objective is on the rock bridge or not. People already go to the wrong place. 

I kick **** in battle because I put a thin circle of masking tape on the screen making it much faster to see the reticle. Shh, it's my secret.

make the objective markers like a balloon or speech bubble, put a string from it to the objective so even if the marker is off center the "string" goes to that objective allowing for displacement to avoid collisions with other important on screen graphics

or do what i do...shoot ALL the things

If you have a Shotgun (Spitfire) and a Machine Gun (Vector) and a Turret Cannon (Little Boy) equipped, there is no cross hair displayed for the Turret Cannon.  It appears the interface can't cope with three weapons with different rotational speeds.  Thinking about it (I need to check later), I recollect that only the Machine Gun cross hair actually moves and the Shotgun hit box remains locked in the centre of the screen.

Also..crosshairs/reticle, as stated, too small and being white gets lost in the landscape....

All icons should be translúcido or translucent, should be not interfere on gameplay. 

Too many times in same game or another you get shoted by someone who is hiding behind the icons.

This must be an end

I think the crosshair is perfectly fine.  Hell, I lose track of it sometimes.  I completely agree about the icons and objective markers though.

• Haha 1

I do not understand why the problem is to put some slightly bold, bigger, colored crosshair. When more vehicles found wedged I literally do not see where I shoot. It's good that you can not inflict damage on your teammates,  otherwise it would be a massacre :005j:

I like the game very much, this is my third day. (I'm getting off from WOT:008:and this thing with crosshair it's my main problem so far.

I wish you all the best :002j:

On 10/9/2017 at 10:18 AM, robtsan said:

Also..crosshairs/reticle, as stated, too small and being white gets lost in the landscape....

Also, Retical should flash red on locked target =)

• Upvote 1

I think I'll take a break from the game. When (and if) the crosshair changes  I'll start playing againNot to mention that it happened a trillion times to disarm me within 3 seconds.  And then on YT I saw an explanation for that...:002:

The game is well thought out, but there is still a lot of work ahead.

I wish you good luck :)

• Haha 1