DeclanBurns

How to lessen recoil from cannons in light vehicles

If you have had trouble with recoil just follow these simple instructions

1. Attach long thing to rear of vehicle

Hooray! You did it!

These things work on the same principle as those big shovels on the backs of US WW2 heavy artillery (as shown in picture)

This should allow you to fire your cannon with less kick back and no being moved to one side

m12 gmc.jpg

Crossout-D3D9 2017-06-03 10-46-09-68.bmp

Moved to "Guides" since this is a tip in game and not a suggestion for changes to the game. Cool tip, thanks for posting it.

lemme expand on this.

you dont necessarily have to add something long to your vehcle, you can also just add something a thats a block lower than your frams and behind your last pair of wheels.
something like this might work O------O--------- but this will also work O-------O_ and will take up less space and parts.

also you can try making your vehicle front heavy. add more armor in front than you would to the sides and rear (this also adds a nice hefty shield to your sniper unit) 
somthing like this: [O-------O

you can also mount the gun more towards the front, on the hood or even in front of the cabin. this also lessens the kickback of the vehicle due to the cannons weight fighting the recoil itself.
like so: ==tO-------O
now if you combine these all you can get a front shield, less recoil sniper build
=[=tO-----O_

(sorry for the poor attempt at ascii, typing on phone, no access to screenshots)

I placed two cannons on my vehicle when I first got 10 energy. I fixed the problem of tipping over and flying around with recoil by lowering the height of my vehicle and increasing the distance between my wheels. Adding extra wheels has also been helpful.

On 6/3/2017 at 3:48 AM, DeclanBurns said:

If you have had trouble with recoil just follow these simple instructions

1. Attach long thing to rear of vehicle

Hooray! You did it!

These things work on the same principle as those big shovels on the backs of US WW2 heavy artillery (as shown in picture)

This should allow you to fire your cannon with less kick back and no being moved to one side

m12 gmc.jpg

Crossout-D3D9 2017-06-03 10-46-09-68.bmp

Might also be worth basically copying the idea here verbatim and putting on a coupled angled bits and a sideboard on the back in an L shape or \_ shape to act as a brace when firing.