Sign in to follow this  
Altaweir

Advice for new players

This helped alot but I do have a question about the reputation I can only find old videos on YouTube and this last one I seen he said the common cabins you can throw 10% rep on it and it wouldn't matter there is a cap of 3 I think he said and for the other ones it's 6% for the 750 ps ones is all this true

Awesome guide dude! I would say tho that new players should sell their resources until they hit around level 6 and then should either build their own items after they get enough resources from playing and then either use the newly crafted item or sell it on the market and possibly make a profit, the hardest one is usually scrap metal due to the cap tho so make sure to hold onto that.

12 hours ago, BIGJERM724 said:

This helped alot but I do have a question about the reputation I can only find old videos on YouTube and this last one I seen he said the common cabins you can throw 10% rep on it and it wouldn't matter there is a cap of 3 I think he said and for the other ones it's 6% for the 750 ps ones is all this true

It might have happened at a point of Closed Beta but it's irrelevant now.

In PvP Your rep (XP) is earned from:

• first damage inflicted to an enemy,
  • damage,
  • killing blow,
  • capture.

There might be other categories, can't remember at the moment. None of them is linked to the quality of your cabin. After this "raw XP" you're getting extra XP from decorations on your car and from the 400% experience boost you receive for your first 60'000 ? XP points daily, that's why the XP earned (left screen of battle debriefing showing faction levels) is quite different from the raw XP earned in battle (right pane of the screen, next to your vehicle).

There has been various reputation caps for a given battles in CBT, e.g. you couldn't earn more than 1'200 XP for a given battle but I'm not sure the limit was carried out to Open Beta, and I don't think it was. Edit: apparently the limit is still there.

In PvE, the raw XP is defined by the raid itself and is almost irrelevant to player performance during the battle.

Edited by Altaweir

39 minutes ago, Slumvilla said:

Awesome guide dude! I would say tho that new players should sell their resources until they hit around level 6 and then should either build their own items after they get enough resources from playing and then either use the newly crafted item or sell it on the market and possibly make a profit, the hardest one is usually scrap metal due to the cap tho so make sure to hold onto that.

Crafting or buying is a choice that can be made at any point, based on current market prices, workbench rent rates, and of course providing your faction level allows such a decision. Many people consider what they have earned in-game as "free" resources available for crafting, but this is wrong. That's called an opportunity cost, because if they consume them for crafting those resources can't be sold on the market anymore.

Also, at higher level crafting requirement changes. You'll need more Copper, Wire and Electronics (and even Uranium!) and much less Scrap Metal, so hoarding it might not be very useful.

Is raid XP really fixed? I could swear I got a lot more if I collected half the cargo myself than if I slacked behind everyone, hitting an enemy once in a while.

I want to point out the most important one and underrated tip.

While in chat box, you can hit TAB to change chat channels.

And chat command: /r

will let you reply to a whisper.

And don't forget to brake to steer better on corners (you also don't always need to mash the gas button to go forward, learn how your vehicle feels :) )

Edited by Khell_DarkWolf
adding more tips

3 hours ago, KlingonHamlet said:

Hitting tab doesn't do anything for me. There are no channels to choose from.

it has more to do when you're sending whispers to people and are in a group and are currently in the game playing a mission/raid.

There is to my knowledge:

• General chat
  • Whispers (to recently contacted that login session)
  • Team chat
  • Party/group chat

I'm not in a clan, so I can only assume there is a clan chat as well.

On 06/06/2017 at 8:52 PM, KlingonHamlet said:

I definitely am not able to switch between team and general when in battle. Could be a bug.

you cant use general chat in battle. 

Exp (rep) is capped at 1200 per pvp match.  You can get more than this with bonuses.  Bonuses come in three flavors: 1) 400% daily bonus up to 60,000 2) decoration (haven't seen a cap on this, I've gone as high as 60%) 3) 50% special bonus based on weekend offer.  This last one is rare, and the last time they announced it they messed up and gave 50% resources.

Raid exp is mostly objective based.  Did your team collect all the cargo? How many leviathans did you kill, how many pumpjacks did you defend, etc... You get a very slight bump for kills or assists etc... But mostly it's objectives.

Edited by miggitymac
Spelling

Sign in to follow this