Havoc343

Transparent player names during combat

Could we maybe also get transparent objective when you are in raids? I find it quite often that if you're trying to do a seige raid and shoot off turrents on the towers that you sometimes can't see them due to there being another tower objective icon in the background

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Slumvilla said:

Could we maybe also get transparent objective when you are in raids? I find it quite often that if you're trying to do a seige raid and shoot off turrents on the towers that you sometimes can't see them due to there being another tower objective icon in the background

Agreed, that too sounds very aggravating to deal with. Hopefully they'll improve that as well.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Cpt_Nero said:

Suggestion noted, added to the document.

Thank you very much :)

Edited by Havoc343

On 6.6.2017 at 1:55 PM, Havoc343 said:

when aiming in a general direction, player names could go from solid to transparent?

but please make that optional. or only make the names semi-transparent

if you have an enemy and one of your own guys dancing cheek to cheek you'll have most likely no chance of telling who to shoot until one or the other is no more.

On 6/9/2017 at 10:27 PM, rackham_the_red said:

but please make that optional. or only make the names semi-transparent

if you have an enemy and one of your own guys dancing cheek to cheek you'll have most likely no chance of telling who to shoot until one or the other is no more.

I think he's referring to names up close while he's aiming farther away. If I am zoomed in with a scope aiming at someone in the distance, and you drive in front of me your name tag can get in the way. Likewise, if I am trying to aim at parts from a medium range your name tag can obstruct the view as well although it is less likely. In general, if my crosshair is on your name tag I should be able to see right through it.

1.- I would love to be able to scale the font also, or even give an option not to show the names.

2.- As well be able to make smaller the font on the damage hit indicator number.

On my 50" 4k monitor the texts even looks pixelated

By the way i'm senior 3d generalist artist and a td, is there a link or mail where i could apply to be a part of your team? Here's a link to my portfolio Website

I'm glad all of you are saying something about this too. This has been a huge isue for me since playing. I would also like it if they could put a plus icon or something by an enemies name when they're behind a teammate. Sometimes it is really hard to tell who's who when a teammate and an enemy are clashed together and I am shooting at the enemy, or so I thought, and it turns out to be my teammate, because I couldn't really tell who I was actually shooting at.

On 6/6/2017 at 8:56 PM, Slumvilla said:

Agreed, even if they just raised the objective icon so its in the air above the crate/pump jack so you can actually see what you're shooting at!

Yep, i need transparent names, and i would like the option to not see any enemy name at all, and allies just a blue point.

• Upvote 2

I was thinking about the same ^^

Having a option to toggle on-off the nameplates/floating objectives would be great, especially if we can bind it to a key.

I was going to start a topic called "GET RID OF ENEMY HIGHLIGTED NAMES" this would be alot more fun if people got the chance to use their hunting skills and acctully find their opponentall the tree bushes and sceanary might as well not exist because we get lit up in red from 3/4 the way across the screen.  Personally I hate this it would be more fun if an overpowered opponent drove past you while your out of rockets untill you can follow him and reload then BAM!

Also What does everyone feel about destructable environment  maybe being able to blast a hole through a wall to get to the other side would be hella cool and it would help to keep the levels and game new every every match.  But seriously the trees need to be destructable getting stuck in them without being able to blast out it irritating. other than that im having fun thanks

• Upvote 3

I agree, but I'd also suggest a transparency slider. Also, sometimes I feel like the player names on the top get lost in the background (Xbox One). Sometimes it's hard to tell who is destroyed and who isn't because the transparency vs the colored names aren't distinctive enough. Would be nice to have some kind of slider for that HUD element as well to help it stand out.

• Upvote 1

Thank you, @Havoc343, for bringing this issue to our attention. We're planning to improve the in-game interface and this suggestion may be the one that could make the battle gameplay free of the feature that some of the players find annoying.

• Upvote 1

like the chat Transparency option, A slider for 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% (even with another option for Large or Normal or small text size)

On 7/1/2017 at 2:54 PM, Vaporisor said:

Biggest annoyance for me in terms of UI.  Not being able to see targets cause some indicator hiding them.

This!