Gguy

Crossout workshop : Website for showcase of player made creations

wroshop.png.c90fd5dd441ba799ff58fdafccf6

Howdy, yall!

My name is Gguy, and i proudly bring before you: The crossout workshop. While currently still in development, when the website launches, it will exist to showcase some of the coolest and best looking vehicles players had made on Crossout, and a few i created myself. The vehicles will be picked from the exhibition by me, its overview and a few pictures, though if the author has a backstory for the machine, they can contact me here and i'l add it when able. If once it launches, you want YOUR vehicle showcased, all you gotta do i contact me with its name on the exhibition, and i'l check it out.

Crossout is promising in the way that it allows players to craft creative vehicles that can also pack a punch, i am a very busy man, so while it will take a little time for me to post some requests at times, i will try to get to it asap, i am often busy, but also have alot of time hour wise. The link to the website will be posted upon its completion, good luck , and get creative survivors! The world might be in shatters, but who says we can't build some nice stuff?

Edited by Gguy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Hey I just read this, saw you commenting in the global chat. Really cool stuff you did there and it is cool that there are people who are so passionate. I hope this continues to work out. :)

Edited by Vidarval
  • Upvote 1

Awesome, but we already have something like this its called exhibiton.

38 minutes ago, Dengar_ said:

Awesome, but we already have something like this its called exhibiton.

Wow, you must be great at parties.

It is similar to exhibition, but there is no way to attach backstory to your creations and only those who are logged in can browse it. Also it is littered with all kinds of both good and bad creations and there are hundreds of creations uploaded in minutes, to be honest this is a cool way to showcase cool or more specific creations.

Edited by Vidarval

1 hour ago, Dengar_ said:

Awesome but we already have something like this its called exhibiton.

You could think of the site as a sort of "best creations" list, the exhibition is massive, and many creations that look cool get either overlooked or lack the exposure. On my site, you will see my personal picks for what i'd call "the coolest looking creations around"

1 hour ago, Vidarval said:

Hey I just read this, saw you commenting in the global chat. Really cool stuff you did there and it is cool that there are people who are so passionate. I hope this continues to work out. :)

Thank you, while i might be a very busy man, that has 100 hobbies, constantly works, is a graphics designer, machinima director and more other things than i could count, i can still get alot of things done even with how busy i am. I think this site will be a good way to select specific creations on the exhibition that really caught my eye as being "one of a kind" or "very cool looking".

Showcasing these cool creations will also give em more exposure, since i seen some wicked awesome things with like 1-3 likes. I would showcase some creations made be Etak, and a few other youtube builders, he made a badass panther tank, but i don't think it's on the exhibition (i'l check).

keep in mind i'l be posting mainly things that stand out, but you can always apply a vehicle by sending me a message here.

Edited by Gguy

15 minutes ago, TheFoxPilot said:

Nice, good luck with the site

thank you, i will add more vehicles over time, and make certain features of the site better (atleast those that can  be improved =P)

Edited by Gguy

btw, folks, little tip: if you want a full sized preview on any of the vehicles, click on the picture and use the arrow keys to manually scroll trough them. That way, you will be able to see every detail =P.

Edited by Gguy

Yah, the website is pretty nice, butt I still think the Exhibiton is best, cqall me a downer at a partie or a commie, I still think exhibition is the best (but srsly, good website)

as i said, the purpose of the website is that of a fashion show for vehicles, the exhibition's purpose is sharing all and any vehicles. I only post things that really stand out and often lack exposure.

edit: i added a counter for unique visitors, it will display how many unique visitors had ever visited the site (you only get counted once, though those who visited before the counter was added will have to re-do it for the counter to pick it up =P). I'l add more when i notice something outstanding, so feel free to check it out every once in a while, if you got an interesting vehicle, feel free to apply it by sending me a message.

Edited by Gguy

Great site Gguy, I look forward to seeing how it evolves over time. Might I suggest that you change the text colour to white or gold as black text on a grey background isn't very appealing? Overall though it will be a great showcase for well-designed motors.

I have decided NOT to change the text colors, the black stands out enough to be read, but merges with the background enough to look like one appealing picture. Not to mention that white or gold would stand out so much it would look cliche, AND the original crossout logo is also black (dark grey being the color of steel).

For example, if the game was all about swamps, i would make the website do everything to represent the game, to represent the swamp (swampy background, murky green and brown colors...).

Edited by Gguy
  • Upvote 1

new vehicles just added: "Outlaw buggy" and "5 turrets" , a military turret deploying truck with great visuals!

EDIT: non related news: i had noticed that alot of people seem to take and re-upload other peoples creations as their own, try not to do something so cheap, it both makes my job harder (identifying the original creator) and it's just a low move, use your own creativity to make something cool, and if you are going to borrow ideas from others, atleast make it so your own creation (based off the original) atleast looks different enough to count as its own unique thing.

Edited by Gguy

On 08/06/2017 at 9:36 PM, Dengar_ said:

Yah, the website is pretty nice, butt I still think the Exhibiton is best, cqall me a downer at a partie or a commie, I still think exhibition is the best (but srsly, good website)

I think they don't have the same purpose, actually a lot of people use the exhibiton not to share their creation but to save their blueprint, and most of them look terrible, cause of  this, it's hard to find good looking builds. This site allow us to find some inspiration and make the game feel more immersive. 

• Upvote 1

On 7. 7. 2017 at 10:41 AM, Icecryos said:

I think they don't have the same purpose, actually a lot of people use the exhibiton not to share their creation but to save their blueprint, and most of them look terrible, cause of  this, it's hard to find good looking builds. This site allow us to find some inspiration and make the game feel more immersive. 

this guy gets it, the workshop is all about visual looks, and less about functionality (while it is ofcourse taken in consideration, it's the visuals that get it on there). I tend to be picky when browsing the exhibition for things to add to the site, since i am seriously trying to only add things that make my jaw drop, due to the beauty of a creation.

I am away for a bit now, busy, but i have already been picking out new creations and i will post more when i can.

• Like 1

After a long break,  i finally updated the website and added the Eagle firetruck and my personal apc, the "Gonta APC".