Ropuszek

Storage expansion and Blueprint storage description need more info

These two expensions should really be changed. The discription as well as the amount of slots to 2 and storage spaces to 50. Or just add a blue or a purple ones too, that you can only use once or twice.

• Upvote 2

both expansions are not really needed, mostly for convenience.

including the exhib u allrdy have 12 blueprint slots, thats enough imho.

200 storage space should also be enough for a while if u dont keep all the white items (sell them high and buy them low if needed).

for the description, +1 for more detailed info

Edited by ost3rh4g3n

I have also heard that once you expand past a certain point you need multiples of the BP's to get the next upgrade. There is no information about this, at what point or how many are needed to achieve that "next" upgrade. This sort of information really needs to be added so folk now exactly whats needed for that next upgrade.

I also agree that the cost of making these items is way too much for what you get in return. I understand the fact that there needs to be sinks within the game but when you make the cost in materials so much for what you get in return then it kind of works in the opposite direction - "Think I'll build me a Blueprint.....what! serious? hell no, think I'll just keep my stuff".

On 6/19/2017 at 6:42 PM, Mraevn said:

Just to give you some info I have recently bought the Storage Expansion and guess what.. 25 spaces... yeah im dead serious you spent ton of materials and expect to get like another 200 slots, but you only get 25. So add this suggestion too - increase the space you get from this at least to 50, because atm its not really worth the materials.

wow 25! 

should be at least one for every level of engineer and faction

• Like 1

On 8/4/2017 at 8:55 PM, Fuhque said:

It seems to me that the problem would be less severe if parts that you can't sell didn't count against your storage total. Just my 2 cents though. That AND the cost to craft the expansions is waaaay too high for just 25 slots.

they dont 

On 8/16/2017 at 2:37 PM, ost3rh4g3n said:

200 storage space should also be enough for a while if u dont keep all the white items (sell them high and buy them low if needed).

huh? The faction ones are set are they not? Hell I cant even make many of teh faction ones

Yeah, but how many times do you even need to storage expansion. I mean, I am a relatively new player (2 months of playing?), but I've been grinding at least an hour for at least 6 days a week and I'm not even close to needing storage expansion. The blueprint limit is dumb, though. Why is it there? I want to test new builds, but also save my own builds that I use with a consistent basis (1 low PS, 1 high PS, 1 raid, 1 race) fills up all 4 blueprint slots, and then you have to use the exhibition as blueprint space, which is super inconvenient.

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2017 at 4:37 PM, ost3rh4g3n said:

you can not sell most of the white items or salvage them. So you end up will 175 slots filled with items you dont use and can not get rid of

• Upvote 1

This is the one aspect of the game i dont understand the devs intentions at all.

At one side they make weekly competitions to make people build new interesting build and rewards those that participate (win).

But on the other hand we have a insanely low storage slots that doesn't even let you make a build for each gamemode...

Which is why i nearly never build anything new and just goes to the exhibition if i need something for a mission or raid now.

• Thanks 2

On 23/8/2017 at 3:40 PM, ThrowingTracks said:

También he oído que una vez que se amplía pasado un cierto punto que necesita múltiplos de la BP para obtener la próxima actualización. No hay información sobre esto, en qué punto o cuántos se necesitan para lograr esa "próxima" actualización. Este tipo de información realmente necesita ser añadido para que la gente ahora exactamente lo que se necesita para que la próxima actualización.

También estoy de acuerdo en que el costo de hacer estos artículos es demasiado para lo que obtienes a cambio. Entiendo el hecho de que necesita ser sumideros dentro del juego, pero cuando se hace el costo en materiales tanto por lo que se obtiene a cambio, entonces tipo de obras en la dirección opuesta -  "Creo que voy a construirme un plan. ... ¿qué ... grave ?, no, no, creo que voy a mantener mis cosas ".

FIRST 1, 2º 1, 3º 2

just bumping this as I agree with the OP.
Weve havd 2 useless updates since the first post with no change, the ingame description is criminal. 

Is there a way to save more than 4 vehicles? Or can we only use exhibition and then re-download them?  I'm not fussed about other players being able to carbon copy my creations but it takes away all the players control of their creations having to user an online database (exhibition) just to get the 12 extra save slots.

My entire life of playing racing games like Gran Turismo/forza there were NO garage limits allowing hundreds of vehicles. I HATE having to keep changing my individual vehicle config for each daily mission (or even just deleting fuel tanks when going into raids, or repainting in a brighter color for raids to lessen the chance of a team mate ramming me aka Hi Vis vest)
This game is the same as racing games where every different race needs a slightly different vehicle setting, in the above mentioned games it was easier to just buy a 2nd or 3rd vehicle so that you never had to xxxx with settings, you just knew it was EXACTLY how you left it.

Someone has mentioned a 12 max in exhibition, where can I review how many I have uploaded? Ive made a mistake uploading multiple of the same vehicle so is this going to come back to bite me? Can we delete vehicles from exhibition?
Why can't I upload a new creation to exhibition without first saving it? (overwriting a vehicle I already have saved) 

On a side note I'm super surprised there arent 1000's of xxxx mobiles in exhibition like every other creation game has (aka spore hahahha)

• Like 1

Sure, the 8 in Exhibition makes 12 total but the swapping between the four on-hand ones and the ones in Exhibition is a major pita. It's probably my number two frustration after the ai weapons cancer.

For a building/crafting game with so many modes and ride configuration requirements it's seriously annoying to have just 4 ready slots to work with. As for the BP cost they can kiss my ****...it's stinginess like this that makes me go in the other direction and tape my wallet shut from ever spending a dime on this game. Is it using frustration as a possible path to get more $ or as a resource sink just to prop up a parts market? Ffs give the players lots of slots to tinker with designs and stop the extortion already.

Edited by DarkMaid

1 hour ago, DarkMaid said:

Sure, the 8 in Exhibition makes 12 total but the swapping between the four on-hand ones and the ones in Exhibition is a major pita. It's probably my number two frustration

Me too, I refuse to waste resources on storage expansion, so all it does is make the game less enjoyable - constantly getting kicked for "Storage Full"

The way this game is going, I wouldn't be surprised if they prevented you from using the Exhibition as storage either. 

On 16/09/2017 at 9:04 PM, NaggNogger said:

This is the one aspect of the game i dont understand the devs intentions at all.

At one side they make weekly competitions to make people build new interesting build and rewards those that participate (win).

But on the other hand we have a insanely low storage slots that doesn't even let you make a build for each gamemode...

Which is why i nearly never build anything new and just goes to the exhibition if i need something for a mission or raid now.

Easy: Rewards on contests are paid with coins, the money they MAKE (6K/week  lol)

Storage/ BP slots are REAL income. That you can multiply by all players that can afford this.

Another proof of low level greediness.

Edited by gromulator

The most asked (and unasked) questions for this topic:  Why are the expansion slots so expensive in materials?  Why so little gain for the amount of time/materials spent?  

Answer:  This game, just like ALL mmo's out there, is a BUSINESS.  Businesses are there to make money. PERIOD.  To those who can't understand why this is so, here's the short version.  You need money to pay the dev's for their time, money to pay for the server hardware, the programmers, the rent for the building(s) housing all these people, and finally, all the people who support the aforementioned.  Crossout isn't published and maintained for FREE.  Oh, and lets not forget quarterly taxes that must be paid to whatever government(s) that take their share of the business "pie".  

(Nothing wrong with all that.  Capitalism fuels much of invention and innovation)

Another thing virtually 95% of all gamers don't "get" is many years ago, gaming studios transitioned from publishing a game in "Live" with roughly 80% of bugs worked out to today where less than 60% of bugs are worked out for "Live".  Oh, and in case you haven't realized it, that same transition went from the "Live" being the actual "Live" to the BETA being rebranded as "Live" and the ALPHA rebranded as the "Beta".  There's a reason for this.  The MBA "bean-counters" came up with the "brilliant" idea that they could get us extremely gullible gamers to actually PAY their company to test their prototype product.  YEP.  If most mmo's today were a "real" product that was sold on a shelf at a store or on a lot (i.e. a microwave, refridgerator, car, etc., etc.), and the company selling said merchandise told  you as you came in the store that 1) Our products are "experimental and prototype" and subject to change at a moment's notice and 2) Before you are allowed to even touch our product, you have to agree to these stipulations AND you have to PAY to touch/operate our product, AS IS, then, I would HOPE most of us would look at the salesperson like they were insane and leave the store, never to return.

So, in order to facilitate all of the above, the gaming studios minimize your return for any real world money spent on in game items, so that they can pay for all of the above costs. Oh, and to pay for the "golden parachute" the CEOs, CFO's, CTOs, etc. (the people in senior management).  Look up the term "golden parachute".  

All of the above was obtained through several references, namely Wired Magazine, numerous gaming sites' forums, and Fortune Magazine.  Do the research yourself.  Don't be lazy.  

Finally, to those of you who don't realize this, the ICD-10 (latest version of the International Classification of Diseases), to which virtually all Dr.s, clinical psychologists, and social workers use to diagnose and manage not just physical but also mental health issues, has officially recognized and classified computer game addiction as an actual medical mental health condition.  

Have to love how businesses take advantage of this, RE:, the above info about how gullible we gamers are.  

Anyway, enjoy spending your own and your parents' hard earned cash.  

On 14.2.2018 at 4:37 PM, ROEx591 said:

The most asked (and unasked) questions for this topic:  Why are the expansion slots so expensive in materials?  Why so little gain for the amount of time/materials spent?  

Answer:  This game, just like ALL mmo's out there, is a BUSINESS.  Businesses are there to make money. PERIOD.  To those who can't understand why this is so, here's the short version.  You need money to pay the dev's for their time, money to pay for the server hardware, the programmers, the rent for the building(s) housing all these people, and finally, all the people who support the aforementioned.  Crossout isn't published and maintained for FREE.  Oh, and lets not forget quarterly taxes that must be paid to whatever government(s) that take their share of the business "pie".  

(Nothing wrong with all that.  Capitalism fuels much of invention and innovation)

Another thing virtually 95% of all gamers don't "get" is many years ago, gaming studios transitioned from publishing a game in "Live" with roughly 80% of bugs worked out to today where less than 60% of bugs are worked out for "Live".  Oh, and in case you haven't realized it, that same transition went from the "Live" being the actual "Live" to the BETA being rebranded as "Live" and the ALPHA rebranded as the "Beta".  There's a reason for this.  The MBA "bean-counters" came up with the "brilliant" idea that they could get us extremely gullible gamers to actually PAY their company to test their prototype product.  YEP.  If most mmo's today were a "real" product that was sold on a shelf at a store or on a lot (i.e. a microwave, refridgerator, car, etc., etc.), and the company selling said merchandise told  you as you came in the store that 1) Our products are "experimental and prototype" and subject to change at a moment's notice and 2) Before you are allowed to even touch our product, you have to agree to these stipulations AND you have to PAY to touch/operate our product, AS IS, then, I would HOPE most of us would look at the salesperson like they were insane and leave the store, never to return.

So, in order to facilitate all of the above, the gaming studios minimize your return for any real world money spent on in game items, so that they can pay for all of the above costs. Oh, and to pay for the "golden parachute" the CEOs, CFO's, CTOs, etc. (the people in senior management).  Look up the term "golden parachute".  

All of the above was obtained through several references, namely Wired Magazine, numerous gaming sites' forums, and Fortune Magazine.  Do the research yourself.  Don't be lazy.  

Finally, to those of you who don't realize this, the ICD-10 (latest version of the International Classification of Diseases), to which virtually all Dr.s, clinical psychologists, and social workers use to diagnose and manage not just physical but also mental health issues, has officially recognized and classified computer game addiction as an actual medical mental health condition.  

Have to love how businesses take advantage of this, RE:, the above info about how gullible we gamers are.  

Anyway, enjoy spending your own and your parents' hard earned cash.  

There is some truth in your words.

But i was willing to pay the ppl for their good ideas and work they have done.

Now i reached the storage limitation and that number is just dumb.

I do not have 200 tradeable items in my Storage... .

It would be a minor investment to increase the number, but why should i do that?

Because i reached a stupid roadmark? No thanks.

Solve that and you can have some money from me.

GL HF

If Blueprint and Storage expansion are intended as sinks, they are highly ineffective such, because practically nobody buys them.

They cost half a legendary weapon, and you can not be more correct if you suggest that a player will first grind the weapons, and then (if at all) grind the expansion.

If crafting was cheaper, far more players would build them, so it will be a more effective resource sink:

The degree to which demand or supply reacts to a change in price is called elasticity.

Demand for products that are considered necessities is less sensitive to price changes because consumers will still continue buying these products despite price increases. On the other hand, an increase in price of a good or service that is far less of a necessity will deter consumers because the opportunity cost of buying the product will become too high.

Economics Basics: Elasticity https://www.investopedia.com/university/economics/economics4.asp