Sum40keks

Difficulty gap/caps

18 posts in this topic

Hi, I feel like the Difficulty cap between normal raids and easy raids is just to big. I'm trying with a 4k ps car and the only one mode i could succeed in was cargo pick up. The rest of 'm you'll get overrun by purple tier guns. Bit strange that they were just having plain old regular ones in the easy raid? It's just to much.
Using kits just isn't profitable. They're way to expensive, and even if you were to craft them, you wouldn't use them on a normal raid since you'd just be losing out anyway. 
 

On a side note, there is a level cap. As there is a cap on almost every resource, which is kind of a sad mechanic but i understand the rethoric behind it, so that players can't power level or w.e. BUT, you have you're 60k xp bonus and than you get capped at a max of 1.2k per round. Except for the decor bonus. That does still count. And we all know people without a life and a very big wallet excist to still level up as maniacs. 

So either be consistent on your level cap, or don't be at all. Not something in between 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+ It's so strange that a DIY box is filled with possible blue, even some purple items upto 70% of the possible content, but you always juuuuuuuust miss that blue item (: 

So strange indeed. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with you on both issues. normal raids are harder than cracking open 3 leviathans and the items displayed as possible contents of crates have nothing to do with the actual output. I have not seen any actual empirical analysis of the DIY boxes but it it quite obvious that you hardly ever get anything other than a white item.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use cannons/wasps and find a few friends to farm Laviathians. Then farm gas/scrap/wire in missions. Sure takes time but really not that difficult. Unless you keep having to fight steel tyrant. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to drop the epic weapons on the trash mobs for normal difficulty imo, and maybe throw in few extra elites to compensate.

It not really make any sense that a swarm of buggys all have epic shotgun that get stronger the more you drive.

 

Right now you need least 4k PS for normal raid even tho entry PS is much MUCH lower

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just because you need 3k PS for it doesnt mean you have to go there with 3k ps and make others carry you

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TacticalImouto said:

just because you need 3k PS for it doesnt mean you have to go there with 3k ps and make others carry you

So what is the point of having the entry level be at 3k, if it's impossible to do on 3k?

I could understand that some players might see it as a nice challenge, but let's face it, most of the players will be people who aren't tryharding in the game, and will think that the 3k is the appropriate amount to handle the raid, if it's the minimum.

 

I actually noticed this in many games, and I don't really know why some game developers keep doing this; make a quest/challenge/mission have X minimum level(or whatever other measuring unit you want, doesn't really matter), but have that same task actually require 30% more than what the limit suggests. This is simply a bad thing no matter how you look at it, especially for games that are dependent on player circulation(having new people coming in constantly, with some leaving constantly). Simply make the limit higher or reduce the difficulty. And for those who want to challenge themselves, simply make it so once you clear a certain difficulty, you can go in with a weaker setup than it requires; for example, if limit is raised to 4k, you can go in as low as 2.5k, but only if you have cleared that task once before. Also, just on the safe side, make a block that prevents from players playing too often like this(for example, once or twice a day), "under the limit", as to not ruin other people's games that actually want a casual/not super hard experience.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fichom said:

So what is the point of having the entry level be at 3k, if it's impossible to do on 3k?

I could understand that some players might see it as a nice challenge, but let's face it, most of the players will be people who aren't tryharding in the game, and will think that the 3k is the appropriate amount to handle the raid, if it's the minimum.

 

I actually noticed this in many games, and I don't really know why some game developers keep doing this; make a quest/challenge/mission have X minimum level(or whatever other measuring unit you want, doesn't really matter), but have that same task actually require 30% more than what the limit suggests. This is simply a bad thing no matter how you look at it, especially for games that are dependent on player circulation(having new people coming in constantly, with some leaving constantly). Simply make the limit higher or reduce the difficulty. And for those who want to challenge themselves, simply make it so once you clear a certain difficulty, you can go in with a weaker setup than it requires; for example, if limit is raised to 4k, you can go in as low as 2.5k, but only if you have cleared that task once before. Also, just on the safe side, make a block that prevents from players playing too often like this(for example, once or twice a day), "under the limit", as to not ruin other people's games that actually want a casual/not super hard experience.

First of all, 3k PS can mean purple weapons or it can mean default cabin with trash stacked on it. 

I never had any issues as 3k PS doing normal raids, but I never did invasion or defence cuz theyre horrible and too hard with a bunch of braindead randoms. Siege/Cargo race is all what u should do if u want constant and easy wins

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TacticalImouto said:

First of all, 3k PS can mean purple weapons or it can mean default cabin with trash stacked on it. 

I never had any issues as 3k PS doing normal raids, but I never did invasion or defence cuz theyre horrible and too hard with a bunch of braindead randoms. Siege/Cargo race is all what u should do if u want constant and easy wins

Exactly, it can mean anything, and that is even more reason why it should be changed.

The PS limit is there to tell NEW and INEXPERIENCED players at what point they should try to take on a challenge. Guess how most NEW and INEXPERIENCED players get a PS score of 3000, or any other as a matter of fact? Exactly, by stacking up a bunch of trash, because that's what most of them are limited to(don't forget this is a F2P game, so when it gets more popularity, there will be much more players, and as a result, a lot more players who don't want to invest money in a F2P game, for whatever reason). It's a bit harder to get to 4k PS by stacking trash. That is exactly why it should be raised. And as I mentioned, if someone wants to challenge himself by going on a 4k PS raid with 2k build, sure, let him, just restrict it so people can't go ruining other people's attempts because they want an extra challenge.

Edited by Fichom
grammar
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fichom said:

Exactly, it can mean anything, and that is even more reason why it should be changed.

The PS limit is there to tell NEW and INEXPERIENCED players at what point they should try to take on a challenge. Guess how most NEW and INEXPERIENCED players get a PS score of 3000, or any other as a matter of fact? Exactly, by stacking up a bunch of trash, because that's what most of them are limited to(don't forget this is a F2P game, so when it gets more popularity, there will be much more players, and as a result, a lot more players who don't want to invest money in a F2P game, for whatever reason). It's a bit harder to get to 4k PS by stacking trash. That is exactly why it should be raised. And as I mentioned, if someone wants to challenge himself by going on a 4k PS raid with 2k build, sure, let him, just restrict it so people can't go ruining other people's attempts because they want an extra challenge.

Or even better yet, fix the xxxx PS system that allows people to sealclub

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TacticalImouto said:

Or even better yet, fix the xxxx PS system that allows people to sealclub

Well yeah, but how?

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to fight, only discuss: saying "fix this" is not really something you should post in "suggestion forums", because it is not a suggestion/idea, more like a complaint and complaining will get us nowhere. I am not an experienced player, and you seem to be, so do you have any ideas/suggestions on how to solve the problem? Maybe give me more detail on what is actually wrong with the current system, and how it affects player behavior. That way, I might be able to come up with a solution of my own! :]

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not the dev here, its not my job, i dont get paid

 

The game is already a clusterfuck and the devs are lazy as **** alongside with moderators who will delete posts that criticize the game or balance.

And complaining will get it through to them so they will know its not working as intended, or who knows, maybe it is?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TacticalImouto said:

Im not the dev here, its not my job, i dont get paid

 

The game is already a clusterfuck and the devs are lazy as **** alongside with moderators who will delete posts that criticize the game or balance.

And complaining will get it through to them so they will know its not working as intended, or who knows, maybe it is?

i have yet to see which topics with criticism have been removed just like that.

if you wish to file a complaint about the game, you are free to do so if you follow the rules, saying simply that the game is broken and "GM FIX GAME NAO" will not go anywhere far.

Anyone is free to complain as long as they do it smart.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cpt_Nero said:

i have yet to see which topics with criticism have been removed just like that.

if you wish to file a complaint about the game, you are free to do so if you follow the rules, saying simply that the game is broken and "GM FIX GAME NAO" will not go anywhere far.

Anyone is free to complain as long as they do it smart.

Kek, oh yeah my bad, that **** doesnt even get published because of *premoderation*. and oh please, we both know stuff gets deleted for criticizing. I had my topics deleted by antideath in off-topic a few times already without a notice.

 

ps. 1700 peak players isn't very healthy, beta or not.

pps. u pmed me once about my clan name and threatened me

 

Edited by TacticalImouto

AntideathX (Posted )

I have Private messaged you each time. Feel free to PM about posts if you need to again.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TacticalImouto said:

Kek, oh yeah my bad, that **** doesnt even get published because of *premoderation*

 

pre moderation is there for a reason. seeing your attitude towards the entire situation i can only say it is rightfully justified,

still every single topic in the Suggestion section is being checked entirely, nothing gets by.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cpt_Nero said:

pre moderation is there for a reason. seeing your attitude towards the entire situation i can only say it is rightfully justified,

still every single topic in the Suggestion section is being checked entirely, nothing gets by.

Whatever you say my man, player statistics speak for themselves. ure not doing a very good job. thats all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TacticalImouto said:

Whatever you say my man, player statistics speak for themselves. ure not doing a very good job. thats all.

Just to specify, player statistics ae doing well, using Steamcharts at current moment is not correct simply by not being out on the Steam [Beta testers who used steam before can use it but thats it]

Daily amount of players is more than good enough.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cpt_Nero said:

Just to specify, player statistics ae doing well, using Steamcharts at current moment is not correct simply by not being out on the Steam [Beta testers who used steam before can use it but thats it]

Daily amount of players is more than good enough.

is that why over half the matches are filled with bots during peaktime in every PS?

also answer my pm already

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.