Sign in to follow this  
FiveOClock

Lets Play Small Ball - 1800 PS Builds

There is an old saying. Give a man a fish and feed him for one day. Teach a man to beat up fishermen and feed him for life.  The point of this guide is to give you some tips to help you win at low end battles @1800 PS

PlayerArmor.thumb.jpg.a746f11dbb3518949e

The first concept is player armor. This is a battle that is even or in your favor. You will allow another player to get close. The enemy shoots him and ignores you. He takes the damage and you take free shots on the enemy. Do not jump use this when the enemy greatly outnumbers you. The player armor will die quickly then they will crush you in seconds.  You are putting the local agro magnet to work for you. Be careful when using AI bots and Players as  Armor. Some bots and players will charge at large numbers of enemy which gets you the massacre instead of the desired bot armor. Use the TAB key for the map to see just how many enemies the Aggro Magnet is going to fight.

GunMantlet.jpg.d3f5d01477d639da29912bfc4

Second Concept is a Gun Mantlet. We place a piece of structure so it will block some fire on our weapon. But the weapon can still fire out.

Notice how the red gun is protected but can still fire. The Green gun is exposed and can easily be destroyed. Where you need to protect is relative to your vehicles acceleration and speed. If you are slow people will shoot you more often in the back or sides.

screenshot-170612-182959.thumb.jpg.c1214

The next concept is extra wheels. What happens if a wheel gets shot off? For most players the answer is I don't know.

So what we are going to do is to test drive cars missing 1 wheel. Then we will know what will happen if a wheel is shot off. We can see if we need more wheels.

screenshot-170612-182834.thumb.jpg.b5cd8

Here is me testing a 7 wheel build.  Can I drive well with 7 wheels still on the car?

screenshot-170612-182846.thumb.jpg.3f1a2

Here is me testing a five wheeled build. I tested 3,5,7, and 9 wheel builds to see what works. Based on my driving tests I know 3 wheels sucks, 5 wheels are ok, and 7 wheels are good. So I want a light build with 6, 8 or 10 wheels. There is no reason to guess. You can test this in your garage to see what works for you.

ExtraSoak.thumb.jpg.9dd366c1ae37f6a2296f

Our next concept is extra soak for fighting people with LMG or MMG builds at low levels. If structure has just 1 point left it will block one extra shot. If I use structure pieces that block extra shots I get an advantage against my opponent. That is huge in light builds. As you can see above there are certain structure pieces that are 1 or 2 points left over. These pieces will give me a little extra time when being shot up by 3 x LMG or 4 X LMG builds.  If you are good at math the extra soak numbers are multiples of the damage plus one more point.  Weapons that does 10 will have extra soak if structure is 11,21,31 and so on.

screenshot-170612-182353.thumb.jpg.1f1a2

This part has 16 structure. If my opponent's weapons do 15 damage then I will get some extra soak. If the weapon does more than 16 damage it will just stop one shot. Every little bit of extra damage soak gives you an advantage. Don't even bother trying to use this against drones or Wasps. Only use this against light weapons at low builds around 1800.

BONUS WEIRDNESS - LETS BUILD A PENTOMINO CAR

Sometimes you want to build something weird for fun.

screenshot-170612-183518.thumb.jpg.7c1bf

This car is built from one of the Pentomino Shapes. Because it looks weird it can give you a very small psychological advantage. The first time someone sees it they will try to figure it out. Sometimes its just fun to drive something weird around.

screenshot-170612-191903.thumb.jpg.0cc50

Basic Pentomino Shaped Vehicle just because

screenshot-170612-182834.jpg

screenshot-170612-182846.jpg

screenshot-170612-182929.jpg

Edited by FiveOClock
extra pics
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, FiveOClock said:

GunMantlet.jpg.d3f5d01477d639da29912bfc4

Second Concept is a Gun Mantlet. We place a piece of structure so it will block some fire on our weapon. But the weapon can still fire out.

Notice how the red gun is protected but can still fire. The Green gun is exposed and can easily be destroyed. Where you need to protect is relative to your vehicles acceleration and speed. If you are slow people will shoot you more often in the back or sides.

I'd suggest rotating the slopes so they don't limit your fire as much when aiming down in front of you.

Unbenannt1.png

• Upvote 2

BONUS TOPIC - RACE EVENT

The Race event uses a lot of concentration. At the start of the event when the countdown hits 0 hit your car horn. The sudden noise may cause 1-2 people to crash at the start.

Remember this is a concentration event. If someone trolls chat like "All Euros like stinky cheese" they are trying to break your concentration. Ignore them. Don't type a response.

You can practice for race events. Build a car by taking your race build and converting two energy points to ramming spears. Now you can drive around your racing car fighting 1800 PS matches. Inbetween the fighting you will get a lot of practice using your rocket engines.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this