Derek_OBrien

Full feedback and suggestions

Let's start with the basics for matchmaking in ANY mode.

For starters, it's clear that matchmaking doesn't work the way it should. It seems to be based purely off of Power Score, which is entirely not right considering we get players matched together with gaps of up to 8,000 in difference. Not to mention that weapons and skill level seem to have no bearing on matchmaking whatsoever. I've seen players with 3 white machine guns go up against dudes with purple cannons. It's one-sided.

There needs to be a KDR factor in the matchmaking, allowing players of similar skill level to be pitted against each other so that ALL players have a fair chance at victory.

With Power Score, Weapon Rarity, and KDR factored into the matchmaking system, there should be little room left for improvement as far as fair fights are concerned.

Which brings me to my next grievance. Base Capture. With the cap speed so fast, there's little to no incentive for players to actually fight each other. I've been in more matches where both teams just run a clock-wise circle around the map to cap the base first and NOBODY dies than I've been in games where they actually fight each other. There are in-betweens but they are far and few in between. The Base Capture speed needs to be cut by 2/3rds at the very least to help give a reason to fight. On top of that, matches are far too short. 3 minutes is not enough time in a FAIR match for anything to get done. 10 to 15 minutes would allow players a chance to actually work together instead of rushing off like a bunch of idiots with death wishes.

Even in Raids and Brawls players are matched against leviathans & teammates, and enemies respectively that are way higher or way lower than their own skill level.

That being said there's much to fix. It's not bad, it just needs refinement. I myself, if I had a KDR, would probably be more willing to actually pay into this game if it were more fair. If I had incentive to pay for equipment out of enjoyment rather than competition. As of right now I'm leaning more towards just finding a different game to play until all this gets fixed, if ever.

Those are really the only issues I myself have with the game and with that being said I have some suggestions as well.

To begin, a new mode, who's name I haven't thought of yet (help me out here folks), which is similar to call of duty's gun game in that players will start out either in dev built vehicles or tiered faction vehicles and as they kill players (who can respawn free of charge as many times as they want to until the match is over) they die and respawn in a higher tier vehicle (self-destructs do not count, but killing a player with a self-destruct can bump him back down to the previous tier). There is a 30 minute time limit for players to gradually make their way up 10 tiers of vehicles, first to do so wins.

This next suggestion, and I think is a really important one that needs a lot of support, is a vehicle creator similar to that of Spore's creature creator. Players will have a feature where ALL parts in the game are unlocked regardless of the player's actual in-game profile and stats. They have free reign to build whatever their hearts desire with a part count up to the maximum part count the game allows if the player was at max level. I'm guessing it's like 80 parts or something. I don't know. I'm only level 12.

The idea behind the Vehicle Creator is purely for enjoyment, test driving, and planning. They would be able to build what they want, test drive it in the garage like you can do now, fight bots, and figure out what works best for them. They would be able to publish these as blueprints so that they have something to work for instead of experimenting on the fly by battling. This should be self-explanatory but past experiences have taught me that there is always at least one person who feels the need to ask about something rather... well, dumb. So I'll answer that now before anyone has to ask. No, you would not be able to use the blueprint in battle unless you have the required parts to actually build it.

Another suggestion is the difficult market system. With the matchmaking so messed up a lot of players are finding it extremely difficult to get anything to sell in order to make coins, so they end up stuck with low tier or beginner weapons. Add that onto the faulty matchmaking and it just becomes a hugely pay-to-have-fun scenario where players are getting little to no experience, no rewards, and no incentive to keep playing. Even if it was just 1.00 coin for losing and 2.00 coins for winning, anything that can help the weaker, less skilled players actually do something would be of massive benefit. They would have incentive to stay and grind at the very least.

These are just my opinions and suggestions. Take them however you want.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Another thing. The blue Loot Containers from the 14 hour missions.

They state in their description that purples are low odds, blues are HIGH odds, decorations average, and paint low. Yet somehow, after having opened 13 crates so far they have ALL been decorations. I feel cheated. Severely cheated. At least one of these containers should have given me something. Even if it was just a useless scope at least one of them should have given me something blue by now. I feel like this thing is rigged and the description is lying.

On 6/21/2017 at 5:40 AM, Derek_OBrien said:

Another thing. The blue Loot Containers from the 14 hour missions.

They state in their description that purples are low odds, blues are HIGH odds, decorations average, and paint low. Yet somehow, after having opened 13 crates so far they have ALL been decorations. I feel cheated. Severely cheated. At least one of these containers should have given me something. Even if it was just a useless scope at least one of them should have given me something blue by now. I feel like this thing is rigged and the description is lying.

it is, this is their way to force you to spend money in the game 

• Upvote 1

On 21.6.2017 at 10:40 AM, Derek_OBrien said:

I feel like this thing is rigged and the description is lying

oh my oh my... what made you think this way... (::why did it take you so long to figgure this out?)

On 6/25/2017 at 8:24 PM, TacticalImouto said:

No skill based matchmaking ty. Doesnt work in WoT and wont work here.

There is no skilled based match maker in WoT. Precisely why everyone playing that corrupt game hates the Match maker

On 6/24/2017 at 6:39 PM, d0d0_egg said:

it is, this is their way to force you to spend money in the game 

Wait...

The blue crates don't really have a high chance to give blue items? I've got three, and two out of those three times...I got a blue item. The one time I didn't was a paint.

Ok so there would be problems with match making. Say you have 20 players waiting to get in. The issue is, not all will be the same level, not all will be the same power score, and the issue would be that there are not enough players to have multiple levels of game matching. If there are 20 different levels of difficulty, that's 1 player in each game just waiting. If there are 2 levels, then 10 players are in each level of difficulty. So you are basically stuck for choices. Too many levels of matchmaking and you'll be waiting forever for a game. Not enough and and you get matched with OP players.

Depending on the power score level thing, I would have it match the level of items with 2 levels per Item level. So if you use a blue, everyone else in the match will at least have a blue. Now there should be low blue and high blue. So beginners in blue items get paired with others in the low end of the blue power-score side. People with fully decked out blue gear should be pitched with others with full blue gear. As soon as you grab a purple. you get pitched against the purple item users in the low power-score range, then when you get enough power score to reach the upper level of the purple tier, you are pitched against the higher power-score players. Just work out the minimum and maximum power score ratings for each tier and halve it.

There needs to be some sort of thing to do while waiting. It's nuts waiting for a game. At least have us able to kill bots for 1 scrap per bot while we wait. Waiting in this game is the worst. In between matches, let us do a couple of market transactions so we don't have to quit to garage to do our market and then wait another 3-5 minutes for another game. I spend more time waiting in this game than I do playing.

So picture it, you are start a battle. Instantly into like a single PVE, and as another player joins, the bots increase to match. When you get a full team, the game starts the PVP game. If someone drops out mid game, a bot takes over that person's vehicle and plays the last of the round for them. So then the round finishes, people leave, and while you wait, you can update your market for 15 seconds or so. Then because there are not enough players, it goes back to team building mode against bots. No waiting, and no need to quit out to sort the market. Always getting something out of the game.

So in conclusion:

2 power score divisions for each item type for game matching.  Low Normal items, High Normal items. Low Rare, High Rare.

Bot lobby where you run around killing bots for 1 scrap per bot while you wait for teams to be built.

Player drop outs result in a bot taking over the player's car for the round. No "Not enough players to continue you just lost 20 fuel for nothing." crap.

And let us access the market between matches. Don't make us sit around and do nothing while we wait. It's boring watching seconds if nor minutes. We want to do something.

• Sad 1

You know how in the exhibition, some people make planes and stuff? well I find those really fun to fly around with and play with in test drive. But I can't really fly around with them there because of the invisible barrier. There should be a limitless open area.

+1 ,for longer battle times. Even if its just 1 minute longer, it would be nice, just like if we had like 20 percent bigger maps.

...and hey, bases that arent shown in any maps/radars before one fighter finds it and drives over the smoke.

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6