Mraevn

Weapon Durability

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys

just a quick suggestion I would like to say (I hope it wasnt mentioned before, if it was im sorry). You see Im kinda lacking the ability to tell which of my weapons are damaged. I usually drive with multiple weapons and If I knew for example that my left machine gun is about to be destroyed I would try to drive in a way to protect it as much as possible.

So my idea is to simply make the circle weapon icons on the bottom of the screen have their border (currently white) change their color depending on the durability.

Lets say I start a fresh game - the circle would be green or just white, then the color would change from green to red depending on how much damage it received. So next time I will see a red circle around that ''Machine Gun'' I would try to engage with my other side to protect this gun.

Suggestion noted, added up to the Document.

Hello, Mraevn!

Thank you for the idea! We believe, that it's not necessary to overburden the interface, but, still, that's a nice idea to think about how to implement it. Let's see, what the future shows us :) 

On ‎22‎.‎6‎.‎2017 at 0:18 PM, Woodyrojo said:

Hello, Mraevn!

Thank you for the idea! We believe, that it's not necessary to overburden the interface, but, still, that's a nice idea to think about how to implement it. Let's see, what the future shows us :) 

You welcome, I also got an idea, because I just realised that the icons on the bottom of the screen dont show you the placement so you kinda cant tell which gun is actually being damaged unless you have all different weapons, but maybe if your gun is damaged it could sometimes emit ''sparks'' so that you know its damaged and they would emit more and more with the amount of damage the gun has received... So if its almost destroyed it would be emitting sparks and zaps like crazy, maybe sometimes move around on its own when you are not firing, like its being jammed.

Thanks for your feedback tho! Im impressed that actual admins and developers respond so frequently.

The game is awesome I love you guys :D

Edited by Mraevn

I admit that normally you would want to see some kind of damage indicator. Like the weapons themselves start changing. But the game is so fast, and we have customizations and custom paint/patterns, that it would be very difficult to see. Especially if you got like 5 machine guns under partial cover.

On 19.06.2017 at 10:16 AM, Mraevn said:

Hi guys

just a quick suggestion I would like to say (I hope it wasnt mentioned before, if it was im sorry). You see Im kinda lacking the ability to tell which of my weapons are damaged. I usually drive with multiple weapons and If I knew for example that my left machine gun is about to be destroyed I would try to drive in a way to protect it as much as possible.

So my idea is to simply make the circle weapon icons on the bottom of the screen have their border (currently white) change their color depending on the durability.

Lets say I start a fresh game - the circle would be green or just white, then the color would change from green to red depending on how much damage it received. So next time I will see a red circle around that ''Machine Gun'' I would try to engage with my other side to protect this gun.

Thats a great idea my friend, been lacking it aswell.