Sign in to follow this  
FiveOClock

Seasonal Factions for Market Stability

Basic Idea:Create 3-4 factions from the many suggestions. Each faction is active for 2 months at a time. During that time parts can be crafted and faction points gained.  This will create a seasonal economy. When factions are inactive there will be limited supply and demand. As people's stock is sold off the price on good items will go up. When the faction becomes active supply will increase and the prices will go down.

Example:  Game Company creates 3 new factions.  One faction is the UFO Laser faction who has flying UFO turrets. One Faction is the Fire Truck and Police Vehicle factions. The Third Faction is the Da Vinci Faction with parts and weapons from old Da Vinci drawings. The UFO Faction starts active and the other two are inactive. The UFO Faction has increasing supply and  demand. So their price parts will go down over time. The other two factions will have limited supply and demand . So their part prices will increase over time. Two months are up, The UFO Faction will become inactive and the Fire/Police faction will become inactive. The UFO Faction prices will start to increase as supply is cut off. The Fire/Police faction prices will decrease as crafting increases.  The Da Vinci Faction will continue to increase with limited supply and demand. Each faction will have 2 months of crafting and decreased prices. Each faction will have 4 months of no crafting and increase prices.

Note: If you really want to get people crafting create a faction that specializes in Racing. I was talking with people during the races last night. They were doing a  lot of min-max research. They know racing tires slow racing cars down. They know Studded tires increase speed for racing.  There are a lot of power gamers in the racing subgroup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

Yeah this sounds really cool. And anything that helps the dieing market is probably a good thing. I really hope this gets in.

I see just one issue: Smart people will avoid selling items of the current active faction.

I will craft all UFO Lasers like mad when the UFO faction is active but I wont sell a single piece of them. Instead I will wait for prices to skyrocket and then I will sell.

• Upvote 4

yeah ...no. no need for even more opportunities for whales to hog a ton of limited availability parts to then try and suck a ton of gold from the other players. sounds like this is your strategy to make some coins towards scorps.

also, the market doesnt work like that. dunno if you noticed that with the temporary packs: the parts are always cheaper after the sale ended ;)

Edited by forc3dinduction
  • Thanks 1

No support from me. Good intentions, but this would be frustrating and hinder new players in progressing. Imagine needing vectors too do PVE and the prices are triple of what they are now... they are just going to drop the game completely.

Instead of complicating this too the extreme, just remove the instant crafting, it ruins any profit the average player could make as the market gets flooded by items by the first 10 players that can craft them.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/12/2018 at 2:03 PM, NaggNogger said:

No support from me. Good intentions, but this would be frustrating and hinder new players in progressing. Imagine needing vectors too do PVE and the prices are triple of what they are now... they are just going to drop the game completely.

Instead of complicating this too the extreme, just remove the instant crafting, it ruins any profit the average player could make as the market gets flooded by items by the first 10 players that can craft them.

Yeah. That is a loot better idea then just disabling the whole thing.

btw, why is this titled "for market stability".

it anything, this will cause crazy fluctuations from (not met) expectations.

not that i am against more seasonal events like the knechte were.

Edited by forc3dinduction

We already have a market expectation of seasonal events, and once the market expects these events the balancing element is lost.

Last year the Halloween event gave the market a major boost, shook things up a bit and got resources and coin flowing.  Then a succession of DLC packs flooded the game with coin and everyone expected a Christmas event, so when it came the market effect was less pronounced.

Right now, most awake players are predicting an Easter/Spring event in two weeks time and probably a May Day event not long after.  Hands up who's not hoarding 10k+ Scrap right now? - so when the even ht,s unless the crafting reward is exceptionally desirable, the market peak for Scrap is likely to be closer to 60Cr/k than 70Cr/k.

The biggest problem in the market right now is that established players are too rich.  We've got too much coin and too many high tier items.

I know Stickers are the latest gold sink that the Dev's have introduced, but I don't think they're effective enough.  Customisation Kits are very under-used, probably because so many of them are so unattractive and there's only a couple of thematic styles available.

Sign in to follow this