DISCLAIMER: The following will help in the pc realease. For consoles there is a comment from WhoTookMyName explaining the situation

So, you have sold something nice and have made some money.

DO NOT SPEND IT.

Instead watch the market. After a while you will be able to notice items when their price goes way down. At that point buy as much as you can, and sell when the price goes up again. If you are patient and careful you will slowly start making profit allowing you to basically buy items for free

Protip: unless you need something NOW never quickbuy/quicksell. Let that for the people whose money you are pocketing

Another importand thing is to search for items whose buy/sell difference is stupid. This won't last for long though so do what you will fast.

Now if you want to make money really fast and easy rob a bank and spend that money for in-game coins

Edited by Mortimerious
  • Upvote 3

atm i noticed that by buying copper and iron , along side the cheap parts and the beach , blue items cost 49 to make , some items actually sell for more than that , and keeping in mind the influx of copper from raids etc  , you'll be making coins most of the time by buying materials , making it yourself and selling it

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, HediPleb22 said:

atm i noticed that by buying copper and iron , along side the cheap parts and the beach , blue items cost 49 to make , some items actually sell for more than that , and keeping in mind the influx of copper from raids etc  , you'll be making coins most of the time by buying materials , making it yourself and selling it

That is actually a very good idea, i was approaching it solely by a stock market point of view. :005j:

• Upvote 1

i guess your on pc? as thats bad advice for console players. yes the prices go up and down but they are not comming back up enough to cover the 10% tax.

over the last week iv watched vectors go from 300 up to 350 over the weekend and now sitting around 240. if you lucked out and brought at 300 sold 4 or 5 days later for 350 (315 after tax) well done.. but if you brought at any time after friday you'll never get your money back.

there is a gap between x10 x100 and x1000 of build items (iron wires etc). last week buying ten x10 of something could be sold for an instant profit if bundled as a x100 but now the gap is too close to call. 

in my opinion the best way to "play the market" now is to watch the daly / seasion op's and see whats needed to complete them and what the rewards are for the ones you think will be popular. for example if its use a auto-cannon. blue or better and get wires. then auto sell wires and builk buy back when price drops and buy/build a load of auto-cannons and set to auto sell at a price your happy with without being greedy. if its too high you may miss the rush. 

the other thing is prices rise quite quick on fridays then a bit more on saturday, start to drop on sunday and crash on monday. over the last 2 weeks thats been the case but as most people tend to have there basic blues now i doubt the weekend boom will cover tax + hassle/risk, its more just something to think about when buying selling what you need for your ride rather than play the market.

what happened with blues is happening with the higher gear, if you want to proffit from crafting then you have to stay ahead of the curve and craft relics or legendarys etc so find a faction that has at least 2 wanted items at every stage and get it all unlocked asap so you can craft things to sell before the idiots that flood the market unlock them. 

personally iv made my money now so im just using by buy orders to lowball bids on a few nice things id like and for some crafting materials i know i'll use sooner or later, and for a "wage" i just farm fuel scrap and copper and leave some on sale at a high price incase i get lucky. 

good luck people, i hope you make your fortune in the console crossout wasteland. 

• Upvote 1

I assume the game is still new/ there are not many players on consoles.

At a certain point there will be enough items on the market for the prices to fluctuate a little above the crafting costs.

I mean ffs 240 for a vector? Only purlpes and above go for a 3 digit price on pc.

Still, it's good to also know the console side.

Drive safely and have fun :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mortimerious said:

I assume the game is still new/ there are not many players on consoles.

At a certain point there will be enough items on the market for the prices to fluctuate a little above the crafting costs.

I mean ffs 240 for a vector? Only purlpes and above go for a 3 digit price on pc.

Still, it's good to also know the console side.

Drive safely and have fun :D

its about a month old i think, iv been playing for 2 weeks and i dont think i missed the start by that much.

prices for some things are just stupid at the moment compared to dlc packs of coins. blues are 2-300 purple relics 2-3000 and someone is offering 100000 for a harvester. but white guns can sell at around scrap value which is 0.2... the low tier meta is cannons (3.5coin) or multi cords on a docker build till you grind a cannon i guess. 

if i was smart id do a fuel/scrap grinding build and sell everything else till the market finds its base line. then buy it all back for pennys. 

• Upvote 1

Actually make some money. If you guys get an equal amount of players, the amount of crafted items will propably also follow so prices will drop by a lot.

Then again that might take some time but

market.thumb.jpg.249c31a7a921ec27fb071d3

• Upvote 1