theySeeMeRollin

Macro for long range autocannon supression fire

Hi everybody! 

Lately, I thought of a way to maximize your autocannon dps at long range by using a macro I made in "razer synapse". (its the app made by razer)

First I timed the acurate shots and foud out that it takes 0.6 seconds before you can fire acurately again. 

So since i have two autocannons on my build, I bound them to 3 and 4. My macro looks like the following:

press 3

0.15 second delay

release 3

0.15 second delay

press 4

0.15 second delay

release 4

0.15 second delay

If you set this to "repeat" it will give you an significant advantage over the same build without the macro, since you only have to aim now. 

It really puts the "Auto" in autocannon.

Hope you found this helpful :D

"I live, I die. I LIVE AGAIN!"

• Upvote 1

In closed beta, macros were frowned apone. As much as I love to make them to make firing a bunch of weapons look better, people can and will abuse them to get a one up on those who don't have them.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't be surprised if someone coded an aim-bot. Seen and reported attempts of a farming bots already. That's one way to crash a f2p in-game market. The other is gold farmers from china.

Edited by N1Ml0cK
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, N1Ml0cK said:

I wouldn't be surprised if someone coded an aim-bot. Seen and reported attempts of a farming bots already. That's one way to crash a f2p in-game market. The other is gold farmers from china.

ive seen an afk bot that basically drives forwards and turns left every three seconds with the guns firing wildly.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RajRocket said:

this is illegal, yeah? yeah

is it? i mean, point me to the rules and i will never use it again... but it aint cheating... at least thats the way i see it... i do what everybody else can do manually, but automatic and reliable...

"I live, I die. I LIVE AGAIN!"

• Upvote 1

d). Use cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third party software designed to modify or interfere with the Product or any Gaijin game experience;

says it right in the EULA  https://gaijinent.com/en/b/eula/  that you didn't read, you know the thing you are required to accept to play or make your account.  you're a cheater harry.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, therealfaragel said:

says it right in the EULA  https://gaijinent.com/en/b/eula/  that you didn't read, you know the thing you are required to accept to play or make your account.  you're a cheater harry.

And how you gonna prove that hes using macro ? 

4 minutes ago, J00F said:

And how you gonna prove that hes using macro ? 

You can't, but still, it is illegal so it has nothing to do on the official Crossout forum.

For one, it's in the ToS not the EULA. Secondly, macros falling under the definitions in the Limitations section, part D is definitely debatable. It isn't interfering with the service/software, it's limiting the user input. It requires someone to be sitting at the computer and triggering it, not fully automated. Still, it's definitely a gray area and I would love to see a dev response.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MissaLeJambon said:

You can't, but still, it is illegal so it has nothing to do on the official Crossout forum.

you can actually, if the firing sequence is too precise upon repetition, it's obviosuly a macro

I'm pretty sure that that section of the tos is referring to botting, not hardware macros.  I've seen people using pads and keyboards with macros in mmos since 2001.  

I'm not advocating their use, I play on Ps4.  I'm just saying that a less harsh response might be in order.

Thanks to the op for trying to help the community, regardless of how it was received.

:)

33 minutes ago, miggitymac said:

I'm pretty sure that that section of the tos is referring to botting, not hardware macros.  I've seen people using pads and keyboards with macros in mmos since 2001.  

I'm not advocating their use, I play on Ps4.  I'm just saying that a less harsh response might be in order.

Thanks to the op for trying to help the community, regardless of how it was received.

:)

Paragraph 6.2 sounds pretty much straight forward to me. And imho they stated in CBT, they don't want to see that ingame, but sadly the CBT-forum is archived and not accesable for us anymore

IV. Behaviour of the players in combat

6. During the game, the following is prohibited:

6.2. Use of any software and / or hardware automation to significantly simplify gameplay.

Putting it in a more clear-cut way:

IV. Behaviour of the players in combat

6. During the game, the following is prohibited:

6.3. Use of any software and / or hardware automation, allowing you to assign more than a single command to one key. Whereby two similar commands, following one after the other, are considered different commands.

Pretty sure that macro falls under that rule.

We are here to have fun. We often loose sight of that fact. It is more fun to have your finger on the trigger and controlling it's timing instead of software.

I also have a Razer mouse which comes with that software. Yes it gives an advantage with many weapons especially where burst firing is more accurate like Spectres. I did that for a few days with different precise timings for various weapons but I found using it instead of using your finger taps to burst fire is much less fun and if you're good not that much better anyway.

It is cheating so it is not honorable, which if you had a decent soul would also mean you're having less fun.

Lets have fun and play fair. That is good food for your soul.

-Vryce

• Upvote 1