Mortidon

Workbench rent mechanic is killing the game

You can farm arround 400 coins per week by reaching both scrap and wire limit.

I dont see why work bench prices are a problem, especially as you can just as well buy the stuff on the market - often for cheaper.

The workbench rent is just a cost of production. It that cost is 1 coin or 1000 coins at the end of the day is of no concern because it will always take item prices with it.

Blue work bench for 12.50 instead of 25? Nope, not more profit for you. All blue items loose 2,50 of sale value within hours.

(

25 Coins Workbench Rent Cost : 5  Parts = 5 Coins per item rent cost

12,50 Coins Workbench Rent Cost: 5 Parts = 2,5 Coins per item rent cost

)

Still, my point stands, work bench costs are costs of production everybody has to pay. As such it does not affect your profit margins.

Edited by ARES_IV
oops
  • Upvote 2

On 10/10/2017 at 12:53 PM, ARES_IV said:

Blue work bench for 12.50 instead of 25? Nope, not more profit for you. All blue items loose 12.50 of sale value within hours.

Er... That's also divided by the number of crafts... so 5 or 10 ways... so, 2.5c reduction. That seems agreeable.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ComradeTiki said:

Er... That's also divided by the number of crafts... so 5 or 10 ways... so, 2.5c reduction. That seems agreeable.

Eeerm... fixed :013:

• Thanks 1

I honestly think its a bad mechanic as well still. the sales tax depletes credits just fine without workbenchs having rent,

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Work Bench rent makes crafting more profitable because it is an entry barrier and as such reduces competition.

As is it being faction based. I made a tidy profit from my 15 nomad work benches because appearantly few people bothered to do the math. :D

Edited by ARES_IV

What I don't understand is the drive to make "profit" from crafting.

Ok harvest goods, all that you need can be acquired from playing the game, so there is no cost...even rent can be paid  for with the selling of the goods. So there is NO cost..So where is the word Profit come from, some one who thinks that they should be compensated for playing a game..If you want to be compensated get a JOB.

The market is upside down, the prices are climbing..Developers please note...

WE DO NOT CONTROL THE MARKET, the developers do...

They decide how much of any given thing is available..How long and when more is introduced.

They limit the amount on the market to increase the sale of coins, hence making the packs they sell worth more..They are manipulating the coinage in the market to benefit them . Hey I would like them to make a profit, god knows they put in the work, but fair market value needs to be looked at.

Grinding , the ability to suffer through something that’s unpleasant right now in order to secure for yourself something even better in the future. Some call it “delayed gratification.” Others call it “patience and perseverance.” Either way, life requires it. So here the developers count on the average players lack of “delayed gratification.” to keep their ability to manipulate the coinage in the market to benefit them in a greater and greater way...

So next time you think you are making a tidy profit...Think of how you are helping the developers manipulate the coinage in the market to benefit them in a greater and shorten the longevity of the game you are playing.

How the more it cost to stay competitive, the shorter time it holds interest for the player base..

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

plzz make it so the first 2 on engineer are free same for all aswell because I have nothing to sell and there is stuff I can make but I need to rent it which is bull 

• Upvote 1

If you're having trouble on the market it may be worth your time to checkout this market guide. Steelwolve did an excellent job.

I play on Xbox where blues regularly sell around 200c and 100 scrap usually sells around 25-35 coins so workbench rent isn't as big of an issue or burden as it is for PC. But if you're in need of coins, selling resources is the quickest and cheapest way to do it. You get them for free! Making money off the market takes time, patience, and the know-how. Complaining about how you can't make money, don't want to spend coin on the workbench, and the "gimme for free" attitude in general is most likely going to get you nowhere.

• Upvote 1

I think we.could solve this by increasing crate values into either rented rare parts or small sums of money (daily crate for playing 2 hours)

Hello  I just started, played the first round and got killed then it sent me to the garage and to make a gun. First thing it wanted was rent for work bench  I say no way that   played games that bleed you for this and that.  I am uninstalling and deleting this.      the car controls were not great it was like driving a big bowl of jello on a one legged marble.     must be a game for xbox players  not good enough for pc.

Edited by tostane
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, tostane said:

Hello  i just started   played the first round    and got killed   it sent me to the garage  and to make a gun   first thing it wanted was rent for work bench   i say f- that   played games that bleed you for this and that.  im uninstalling and deleting this.      the car controls were not great it was like driving a big bowl of hello on a one legged marble.     must be a game for xbox players  not good enough for pc.

Ty for your adviced witness.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, gromulator said:

Ty for your adviced witness.

More a case of not understanding anything.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, gromulator said:

T'es un rigolo toi avec tes tartines condescendantes. Bizarre je te croise jamais nulle part en jeu. T'entraves que dalle hein ou tu passes ta vie sur le forum?

Soyez tranquille et ñ'oubliez pas le drapeau blanc sur votre voiture ... :tongue:

This company only cares about reaping the rewards, and very little about a busted system that puts bread on their table.

On 12/12/2017 at 5:13 PM, I_Rudejester_I said:

This company only cares about reaping the rewards, and very little about a busted system that puts bread on their table.

no argument here

• Confused 2

It's a pity that you can no longer make money out of crafting. Most of the times it's cheaper to just put a low bid on the market and to wait until someone desperate sells it. On XBOX crafting blue items costs roughly 130C but with a little patience you can get most for less than that with low bids. It's not the rent mechanic or fees that kill the market, but the players that sell their items for less than they are worth.

The "real world" market has the same problem, that's why the price dumping is prohibited by law in many countries.

Edited by CS1979

5 hours ago, CS1979 said:

It's a pity that you can no longer make money out of crafting.

I think you can.

Ressource prices take item prices with them afterall in most cases. Sure, your stuff now only sells for lets say 40 coins instead of 45. But the worth of the scrap and copper used also decreased. As did most of the items needed.

Crafting requires a math check before execution or patience until the next market boom.

5 hours ago, CS1979 said:

It's not the rent mechanic or fees that kill the market, but the players that sell their items for less than they are worth.

A fool and his money are quickly parted. If you are unable or to lazy of basic math, you will work hard for the benefit of other people.

The market rewards patience.

When I started playing Crossout two months ago (on XBOX), I used to craft and sell rares and made quite a lot of coins.There was a steady demand for rares and crafting was worth it.

Crafting rare items is now pointless.It's more lucrative to simply place low-bid offers and you will get them below the crafting cost. In the XBOX market crafting a rare costs roughly 140C. You can however get most of the rares for 130C and less (sometimes even below 100).  Crafting legendaries takes too much time to be lucrative. Obtaining the materials as well as finding a buyer takes days. And as there are few buyers, the sellers lower their prices so much that it's not worth it.

Crafting epics out of the cheaply acquired rares still works however only for the meta items.
I'm still selling 1-2 epics per day, but the market is far less dynamic than it was before.

I have the feeling that the market is slowly loosing it's momentum.

Edited by CS1979

38 minutes ago, CS1979 said:

I have the feeling that the market is slowly loosing it's momentum.

The XBox Market has unique problems.

3 hours ago, CS1979 said:

Which are?

It got royally screwed early on by an exploit that every Xbox player and their mother jumped on.  I'm not fully up-to-speed on the details but I gather that on XBox the in-game Credits were massively devalued by a bug causing duplication of coin/DLC packs.  

3 hours ago, Pickle_CO said:

It got royally screwed early on by an exploit that every Xbox player and their mother jumped on.  I'm not fully up-to-speed on the details but I gather that on XBox the in-game Credits were massively devalued by a bug causing duplication of coin/DLC packs.  

Xbox has always had drastically higher prices way before any exploits.

Edited by ROACHOR

Make a build vehicle less then 4K PS. Can use 1 epic item and only rare and less weapons. Then go out and compete with the current player base. You would be hard pressed to earn the gas to do anything raider side missions. Why they give us 200 gas knowing the match maker is broken. Then also factor in all that is needed for storage upgrades. Driver leveling cost.....ya right. Insane amount of scrap and copper that goes into an event decal. Why there are so many drone builds. The Falcon base MG is 3x better then a base MG. Make a bare trucker cap with 2 Falcon and go kill yourself on test. Then strap on base machine guns and see how fast they do the job. Got to 5 before I beat 2 Falcon time. 50% cooler no help.

I get ripped off enough in RL. Don't need the worse version in a game. Crossout could be a great game. Greed and no two brain cells to rub together is the sad future. Watch some the spin up weapons timing and hit tracking skill. Ya I said they had SKILL and no help.

Edited by VorpralBunny
  • Upvote 2

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:33 PM, ARES_IV said:

I think you can.

Ressource prices take item prices with them afterall in most cases. Sure, your stuff now only sells for lets say 40 coins instead of 45. But the worth of the scrap and copper used also decreased. As did most of the items needed.

Crafting requires a math check before execution or patience until the next market boom.

A fool and his money are quickly parted. If you are unable or to lazy of basic math, you will work hard for the benefit of other people.

The market rewards patience.

I hope your math considers a new player and what they have to fight with on the field. The only players making coin are the seal clubbers with their epic and higher builds under 4k PS. What is the point of selling scrap/copper for bench time that you will need the scrap and copper for. Scrap and copper needed for building to make a hand full of items that still will not compare still to the seal clubbers. To win and live to earn the gas. Gas needed to do raider missions. If it wasn't for veteran players caring the new on raids. New players cannot compete with the new raiders upgraded for the bored veterans.

There is now a huge gap between veteran and new players. Veteran players will see the slow to no growth to the end. There is always a new game coming out that does not have a veteran base. A veteran base with years that gets to PVP right with the one month player. Starting out you are forced to buy at least two vehicles with coin. I would of quit after 2 weeks if I did not spend money. And have gotten to a point to advance more I will need to spend more money or months to make the next step up. The game's veteran base greed is on par with the games developers. Time will tell on how many new players will stick around in enough numbers to make it worth the veterans time for sticking around.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I started playing Crossout about 2 months ago and my stock is now worth more than 70k (I play about 2-3 hours a day). I have a great number of epics, two mammoths and a mandrake. I bought two packs at the beginning (when I had no clue how the market worked and didn't feel like grinding) and never sold any copper/scrap.

Between the games I often make a few coins just by simply buying the scrap/copper (not even using low bids, just direct buying), building a blue and re-selling it for a lower price. With a little knowledge and a spreadsheet is not too hard to make coin out of the market.

If you get the value of the items, you can make good coin by flipping items. Some days ago I bought 3 Quasars for about 500 each and sold them the same day for 1200 each. If you want to make money now, grind for Lunatics, they have many items that sell fast.

Yes, there is a learning curve, but the forum is full of info so you only need to invest some time.

The only players making coin are the seal clubbers with their epic and higher builds under 4k PS.

Well no, that's simply not true. It's the team that wins. So even if seal-clubbers would be a problem (and they aren't) you would be half of the time in their team and win with them. Seal clubbers are also most of the time glass-cannons . With big PS guns you don't have much room for armor if want to keep the overall PS low. Good positioning is the key to beat them, not gear.

to make a hand full of items that still will not compare still to the seal clubbers

Gear does not make you win games and there is no need to hurry for gear. I enjoy my 2x mammoths build, but I'm having as much fun and wins with my 2x Little Boy boy build that costs 100x less.

Edited by CS1979
  • Like 1