Mortidon

Workbench rent mechanic is killing the game

On 7/15/2018 at 3:32 PM, RANG3R said:

I recently started playing and it has been fun as hell... I finally got to lvl 10 though and noticed how much of a pain it will be just to continue progressing in the game and instantly uninstalled. Not worth the grind. Glad I didn't buy anything for real money yet. I will come back in a year or so if the game is still alive just to see how much has changed and hopefully this mechanic is made less irritating for new players or replaced entirely

|
 |
 |
V

On 7/16/2018 at 9:17 PM, Heinx said:

The problem here is that new players or players in general don't understand that resources = coin, they just can't see it.

100 scrap metal is worth 5.75 coins today (16/jul/2018), that means approximately 6 coins every 5-6 matches, so is almost 1 coin per match, you can rent a blue workbench after 25 matches, ok 30... thats pretty decent to me. And when you start farming wires and batteries is even faster...

And this is without taking in account the seasons, easy season is ultra easy to complete and it gives you 1075 scrap metal = 60 coins

A new player that started playing yesterday can have blue items today, just selling the scrap metal, in 1 week can have his first epic and in a month his first legendary, and thats starting from 0, when you have gear and levels, the grind is even faster.

Completing seasons gives more than 1200 coins, and you can do it every 2 weeks, thats 2400c in a month, and thats just the seasons, if you play pvp (ofc you do) you get maybe 3500c or 4000c in a month.

+1

Nuff said

• Upvote 1

Workbench cost isn't needed, for these reason's.

Theres already a cost to rush build a item

If you plan to sell theres a sale tax

The arbitor so called deal breaker of in side trade does steal gold here an there cause it thinks inside player trades are happening when they aren't.

The main point of the extra cost to the bench is to add a slow burn to the coins in game on top of being taxed to force players to keep buying coins, the market has slowed down alot compare to since the start of the game main reason coin flow into the game is dieing off, an since theres no in game cash flow the market on a path to crash an fail.

The market/craft design is whats going to kill this game one day, theres to many choke holds on the player base, with no in game gain of coins the game setup to just take an take till there is nothing left to take from one day, an as better games that come out with less need to pay to play aspects cross out on the path to fail one day like others of this pay to play business model its not really free the main part of crafting an market needs coins to work once the coin flow stop so does crafting an market use.

Guest bobdole777

It's been a year since this was posted. and you have done nothing to fix the problem. This is ridiculous. Not only do I have to pay to rent out a workbench, I have to rent out 5 so I can make one damn item. You lose a lot of players because of this and many other annoying things about the game like the bots and you do nothing about it.You NOTE the problem. People tell you that they are quitting because of it. I just started and I'm about to quit too. But you don't xxxx CARE.

You buy 1000 coins for real money and you got.

-10% for Taxes (if you buy minerals to craft parts and sell them)

-10% work bench cost (in relation)?

Also you have about 800 Coins left... thats to less.