ArchanDelon

Market Flooding

problem with market is so simple i cant believe its overlooked......you can pay real cash and bypass all limits and caps and just run your workbenches non stop.    HELLO IS THIS THING ON?!?   sigh...

• Upvote 1

I'm a new player (one week) and I had no trouble in making money since the game gave me 30 golds* to start, rent a bench etc.

I dont think is too much scrap per battle because I cant play all day long.
If the game stops to give scraps even when I lose will be impossible buy the things I want, it will take too long and I will give up.

I know you´re talking about the whole economy, not about people that cant play all day problems, but if you are right, those who can play only a few hours may give up.

*-15 wins in the weekend? lvl 10? I dont know why I won the gold.

Ps- without that gold I dont know if it will be possible to start in the market.

Edited by Oluparum

So update: I hit the scrap cap last night. 

It seems ridiculous now. So much scrap is needed and they place an arbitrary limit. 

I think the boost in market prices is only temporary due to the Knight crates needing 1500 scrap. Once those are gone,  then what? Back to scrap being worthless.

On 25.7.2017 at 10:51 AM, CaptainZeno said:

Thank you for adding nothing to the discussion and doing little more than insult people.

Next time think before you post.

it's just a prank bro

No idea if you noticed, but the reason scrap is the only resource thats still worth anything is because we need a enormous amount of it. 

1 Blue piece needs 450 scrap.

1 Purple needs 250 + 6x 450 = 2950 scrap.

1 Legendary needs 100 + 5 x 2950= 14850 scrap. 

whilst they only need few of the other resource, with wires coming in second at just 4500 for a legendary part. 

copper is at just 2700 per legendary.

and wires is an obvious 1000 per legendary part. 

So stating we need to lower scrap income is just bonkers as it is already capped at the same amount as for example wires, which is needed 3 times less as a close second.  Scrap is currently dictating the pricing of parts together with workbench fees, and lowering its income will only increase overall market prices, making it even harder to get into the game, not to mention making purchased packs less valuable. And since the game is entirely free it is not a weird idea to purchase a 10 euro pack to start off, as in my opinion a game like this is easily worth a small purchase. 

• Upvote 3

The problem is that there is an over abundance of blue items on the market. So much so that the prices for those items are so low it cost 100 plus coins to craft a blue item that sales for 30-40 coins on the market. until they control this or find a way to prevent underbidding on the market for slow selling items the problem will not go away.

On 9/25/2017 at 12:20 AM, FallenGamer said:

The problem is that there is an over abundance of blue items on the market. So much so that the prices for those items are so low it cost 100 plus coins to craft a blue item that sales for 30-40 coins on the market. until they control this or find a way to prevent underbidding on the market for slow selling items the problem will not go away.

there is an overabundance because selling them is more profitable than crafting ever is, therefor people are not crafting to remove the items from the game. Crafting purples/legends is basically a full loss. If you starting from nothing, and crafted every blue/purple into a legendary, you would lose coins in the process. Same trying to make purples. Its more profitable to just sell blues you earn from crates and such because selling individual items yields more money than crafting does.

This is because Scrap/wires/copper are at such a high cost. Even new items just released, like Dawns Children items sell at a loss, and lot of people can't even craft those yet. But nope, still a loss.

The scrap cost of crafting a blue item is worth more than the blue item itself on most items, and when you take the renting cost into it, as well the white items, its even worse.

Problem is a multitude of things, being not enough influx of new players to buy items, crafting being an overloss profit loss making it not worth doing, and grinded items cost (wires/scrap) costs are way to high.

What needs to happen is remove the scrap/wire/copper/electronics limit. Make the rewards less, thats fine. But their prices needed to be cheaper for purples and legends to be worth making. They are already locked behind faction leveling walls. Make them level 15 instead of level 12. Most people, even after a year+ of playing are not going to have multiple factions at 15. Since legends need parts from other factions, it keeps the market healthy.

But we also need new players.

Edited by rydis17405

I am a new player to the game,   67 hours of play time since Dec 5th.. as a new player who had to figure out the market economy without any help or tutorials explaining the basics. 

ArchanDelon suggestion will only make it harder for new players to learn how to keep up with the market and drive them away from the game.. thus raising market prices on items too high even for standing players to buy leaving Items on the market with no buyers supply & demand stalls...

Yes I would agree the market is controlled by supply & demand, but why make it harder to earn a profit by lower the amount of scrap, copper, licences, wire etc per battle, brawl, raid, missions

this will drive prices higher. but cause players stay away from the market due to greedy players.

players will collect and build their own, causing market sales to drop.  

The market is in place for the player who wants to sale items they have no need for, or simply to get items they need ( as well as items they know can make them profit / MONEY ) 

making profits off the market is just a perk of the game. lowering item amounts rewards will cause making profits harder without any pay out to players

the Market Economy is Balanced... may need to few tweaks, but not many... 

The game has to be fun to play, not a headache as a player I want to spend Real Money to enjoy the game as a luxury, not say F-this and uninstall & stop playing due to greed.. 

Greed may make you rich, but Greed will also take it all away from you

Spoiler

I play Crossout PC platform on Steam 

Steam IGN: TxLonewolf

Edited by Nuts_N_Bolts
  • Upvote 1

The market fluxuates every day, and prices have only gone down because more people play. I agree that a reduction in common drop rate might help, but with more people playing the game now it won't help by much unless it is reduced the the point that you'll only receive 1-2 commons per hour.

Making this change, however, will affect those starting out and turn many away based on the fact that their first few weeks will be marred by the inability to purchase anything on the market.

Edited by I_Rudejester_I
  • Upvote 1

The market has been on a steady fall ever since the series of crap updates have been issued, most particularly the nerfing of the big cabins.

Are people complaining prices are too cheap and they earn to much rewards???!!!???

For real???   I'm not sure if your allowed to overpay, but i bet you could probably find a way to waste 2/3 of your scrap.

Practice mode doesn't offer rewards, just use it half time.

I disagree about getting less scrap. I play everyday, but I never hit my 2800 limit. 

Crossout also made the games longer, so unlike in the past where people capped base and won. Now the games is about killing everyone, so less change of getting fuel. 

It is n't also fair to people who get killed or heavily damaged early in the game. Hovers with their homing missiles, can be at the other end of the map, but it hard to escape them in a slow vehicle. Even though they don't kill, but my weapons have been shot off.  Lances are another problems. I have come out games where my score is less 50, so get no scrap. 

If market prices are low, then it is good for buyers. There is always a winner.