Sign in to follow this  
dukerustfield

How to Hide Stuff In Your Vehicle

There are a few methods to hiding explosive or valuable items in your car.

1. You can make a box of armor sitting on the frame or behind the cab. This exposes the pieces to weapon fire and they can be destroyed.

2. You can build a frame completely around them. And then put a cab over top and armor around. This is a good method but it increases the size and weight of your vehicle.

3. You can also leave a gap in between your frame. The downside is you can be vulnerable from the sides. The way to do this, is trickier because any frames that aren't connected by other frames normally won't be part of the car when you add the cab. To get around this, connect all your frame pieces at first. Then put objects in the gap that connect the far frame pieces. Then remove the connecting frames. The downside is, if those objects in the gap get destroyed, your whole car will die.

screenshot-170629-043304.jpg

screenshot-170629-043641.jpg

screenshot-170629-043650.jpg

screenshot-170629-043712.jpg

• Upvote 3

Putting it all inside results in a bit wider vehicle, thus harder to flip... so I wouldn't say protecting the bottom is necessary - if you are flipped, you are toast anyway.

23 minutes ago, Destabilizator said:

Putting it all inside results in a bit wider vehicle, thus harder to flip... so I wouldn't say protecting the bottom is necessary - if you are flipped, you are toast anyway.

But it very well cover  splash damage dealt from ground level.

• Upvote 1

Might depend on what enemies you are facing, but in my test with 2 bottom mounted ammo racks (unprotected) and cannon fire the ammo rack does not detonate most of the time by splash damage alone. Add to the fact that enemies under normal circumstances dont have much time to scan your vehicle and assuming a halfway reasonable placement I experienced little trouble at 4K PS rating.

Good points. Some cabins, jawbreaker and humpback, have indentations on the sides. The humpback can hide a fuel can, and about 3 ammo packs there! But they are exposed from the rear if that gets shot off, and unless you're using armored tracks, there can be exposure from the side.

In general, all the exploit parts go under the cabin. I generally just spread the chassis out to have them in a linear fashion. All I need are generators, a fuel tanks and maybe an ammo crate

Sign in to follow this