Sign in to follow this  
MadChrisPL

Lewiatany

Zakładam ogólny wątek poświęcony Lewiatanom (zarówno budowaniu jak i walce z nimi)

na początek bardzo ciekawy i pomysłowy build do walki ze "Steel Tyrantem"

Poniżej parę słów komentarza od autora pomysłu

---------------------------------------------------------

what's going on here? the AI always aims for your cabin, which on this rig is located on the right hook. the hooks imprison steel tyrant and keep it from moving forward, and position the cabin in a place where steel tyrant has a very hard time shooting at it. ST becomes helpless as you are free to destroy it as long as none of your teammates sabotage you.

a follow up to my last post, where we trapped steel tyrant in a box and laughed at it until it died of embarassment. that build had some problems with it, which i feel are now fixed with this version.

this is your disclaimer: this build is expensive and hard to play. it's weird to say in this game that a build is hard to play, but you will live and die by the quality of your engages (and practicing is hard when every attempt costs 40 fuel). not all of your runs will go as smoothly as this one, in fact the vast majority of them won't. but if you have the resources and the skill you will have a very powerful build for invasion. this build is also not perfect - i encourage you to look for places where the build can be improved.

if you're on PS4, look for "toss em in jail" in the exhibition. for everyone else (LOLPS4), here's a quick overview of how you can build your own stupidmobile:

• you need a box 12 units wide to trap in steel tyrant. there's a 8 unit gap between the corner and my cabin. you can try experimenting with other lengths, but the width should definitely be 12 (maybe 13).
  • there is a whopping 37 unit gap between the edge of the box and my wasps. this is necessary to protect them from self harming splash damage. i don't put them on a tower, due to one too many instances where ST tried to shoot a teammate and hit my tower instead.
  • your cabin options are wyvern or carapace (growl might work, but i didn't bother trying. didn't seem worthwhile). the others are too large. carapace is probably ideal (i use it in the video) due to the improved mass limits and +1 energy, but as it's only available from the $60 DLC pack you can expect to have to fork over a lot for it. i spent 1000c on mine (roughly 8x the cost of a wyvern)
  • cover your cabin with grilles to protect it from raiders, non-ST leviathans (any leviathan with lots of MGs will make you suffer), the ST autocannons, and the occasion where you need it to take a few mammoth hits for you to get in. your other equipment will need some light protection from raiders, but remember you need to keep your speed high.
  • wheels are going to be the most difficult to place, you want lots of wheels to raise your tonnage, but also few wheels to keep your acceleration high. and then you also need to make sure this thing is still steerable even with some wheels knocked off. i do not own any tracks so i don't know if any of them are sufficiently fast enough to do what you need to do.
  • you'll need a bumper with resistance to contact damage to keep your frames from exploding on impact with steel tyrant.

and for equipment:

• triple wasp is the king of DPS in invasion... but since we can't afford 12 energy, 2x wasp will have to suffice. cricket will actually be a DPS boost here since we can guarantee all the missiles will hit and we can't use triple wasp.
  • chameleon is unfortunately almost mandatory. you will need some amazing around-the-corner engages if your stealth fails or if you choose to not use one (since it costs 2 energy).
  • improved engine mk2, for the 20% faster reload it gives and the bigger mass limit. i think you could manage with light engine and use the 2 energy towards crickets instead of wasps, but that might make you too slow.
  • radar-detector. i actually own a purple one, but a blue one should work too. i check the map a lot to see where enemies spawn, what direction they're facing (very important for your engages), and guess which one is the leviathan based on how quickly they're moving.
  • i use a 2 energy generator. if you own a 3 energy generator, remember that spare energy = crickets = more DPS.
  • eight ammo boxes. that's +240% ammo. purple ones aren't necessary until you're ready to start pushing your PS higher and need to start raising your PS per part count. they don't need to be hidden that well, just keep them away from cabin and out of raiders' sight.
  • just a breakdown of energy usage: 13 energy total. chameleon (2), two wasps (4 each), improved engine mk2 (2), and radar-detector (1). when i was using wyvern (one less energy), i used a plain 1 energy engine instead of improved engine mk2. the DPS kinda sucked and lower mass limits made building a bit harder.

• Upvote 1

Szansa na pojawienie się Stalowego Tyranta została zmniejszona do granic możliwości

Ogólny system walki z lewiatanami ulegnie zmianom, Devsi nie są zadowoleni z tego trybu.

• Upvote 1

Lewiatany to jakaś wtopa, jeszcze jak grałem to przez 2 dni nie rozegrał mi ani jednej bitwy. Słabizna.

Mi dziennie przynosi 15 lub 30 miedzi. Co do walki warto miec kupione repair kit czy jak to sie tam nazywa- pozwala wrocic do walki zamiast płacic monetami. Do walki najlepsze sa rakiety i cannony.

1 hour ago, BialyPielgrzym said:

Mi dziennie przynosi 15 lub 30 miedzi. Co do walki warto miec kupione repair kit czy jak to sie tam nazywa- pozwala wrocic do walki zamiast płacic monetami. Do walki najlepsze sa rakiety i cannony.

Ale przecież kupiłeś już za monety więc nic dziwnego że już monetami drugi raz nie płacisz ;)

9 hours ago, Azzura777 said:

Ale przecież kupiłeś już za monety więc nic dziwnego że już monetami drugi raz nie płacisz ;)

hahaha celna uwaga :-)

8 minutes ago, BialyPielgrzym said:

Źle napisałem- mea kulpa. Repair kit kraftuje we frakcji engeneers- nie kupuje tego za monety :-)

Błąd :) Repair kit jest w niebieskich itemach i trzeba sobie stół wykupić :) 

Sign in to follow this