Sign in to follow this  
DisconnecT83

[News] Coming Soon in Crossout — NVIDIA HBAO+!

f7bc0c9d3ec1187580d0f2a02da6.jpg

Survivors!

We are confidently moving forward, constantly working on improving technology in the game and we are always happy to share new graphical options.The game world is getting better right before our eyes, which only makes us happier. Today we would like to share news about a new feature from the upcoming patch 0.7.20 — Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO).

In our case, NVIDIA HBAO+ technology is used. This technology is designed for fairly efficient graphics cards and will be available if your computer meets the recommended system requirements.

Here are a few screenshots where you can see the difference with SSAO disabled (as it is now in the game) and NVIDIA HBAO+ enabled at maximum quality (as in update 0.7.20):

Check this picture in high resolution

Despite its name, NVIDIA HBAO+  is available not only on GPUs from NVIDIA. You can enable it on all video cards with DirectX 11 support. In addition, you will need to switch to the client with DirectX 11 support through the game's launcher.

How do you do it?

85483d343920ee3a645394c82ac5.png

It's very simple! In the Launcher window, click on the DirectX version switch so that it matches the one shown below. We strongly recommend that you switch to the DirectX 11 version, even if your system does not support it. In this case, the DirectX 9 version of the client will start automatically.

• Upvote 3

Looks great! Any news when the textures and paint jobs will get a higher quality? 

BjKalderon (Posted )

NamelesxKing, well, there's no specific date, but the graphics will be getting better and better;)

That's nice. I love lightning effects, it's the kind of small detail that make something so much more realistic without people being able to identify what actually changed.

To be honest tho, what the game really need right now is a balance pass & game-play improvements - not better special effects.

Looks great!  Ambient occlusion always adds some real nice contrast with it's subtle shadows.  

Just noticed the foliage has shadows now too, nice!  I always thought the visuals in this game were a little bland (no offence, just a lack of color and contrast) but it looks like this is what the game was missing for nice clear visuals. 

Edited by BrandonBranders
  • Upvote 2

Nice, that adds some depth to the scene :)

It's possible to add AO via Nvidia Inspector currently (DX11 and DX9 - though with quite limited draw distance for the latter), but the official implementation will likely look and perform better.

Both of the high-resolution picture links in the post open to the same image (larger version of the first picture).

YASSSS My monster rig ( gtx 1080 ti and 3440x1440 ultrawide PG348Q ) will be VERY VERY HAPPY about this. Can you add some LOVE for ULTRAWIDE 21:9 too. Like a bit bigger MAP and UI for ultrawide. Thanks when 0.7.20 ETA ? i need it so much :)
@BjKalderon

BjKalderon (Posted )

StreaMRoLLeR, I can't give you the exact date yet, but let's just say "very soon":)

well finally, as of now lighting and shadows look rather flat, this will certainly help a bit. I would love if foliage would cast shadows, but I guess that might be too much hw intensive. 

Edited by Ganimoth

Sure looks like quite the improvement, looking forward to see what other graphical improvements and optimization you will do.

What we need is weapon balance and improvements. Always nice to see little tweaks for graphics but please fix the weapons in 0.7.2. That should be a priority number one vs other patches delivering us skins etc we don't need. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, DisconnecT83 said:

Spoiler

Here are a few screenshots where you can see the difference with SSAO disabled (as it is now in the game) and NVIDIA HBAO+ enabled at maximum quality (as in update 0.7.20):

Both links are the same address. I want to figure out what is on the back of the truck as what ever those are, they are not in game as of this post.

Also old large fenders, can the community have them too? The ones in the game right now could be steffenwolf and the old ones scavengers.

Edit:
Going to call it...
Gas cans will not stack and a these are purple gas tanks.
A2xzQdPsRB_x6KGFZhxyNg.png

Edited by Sweet__Teeth
Added more info.

Great! Waited so long for that!

Who needs balance or good servers anyway :007:

BjKalderon (Posted )

morti271, this is just one of the features of the upcoming update;)

1 hour ago, Sweet__Teeth said:

Both links are the same address. I want to figure out what is on the back of the truck as what ever those are, they are not in game as of this post.

Also old large fenders, can the community have them too? The ones in the game right now could be steffenwolf and the old ones scavengers.

Edit:
Going to call it...
Gas cans will not stack and a these are purple gas tanks.
A2xzQdPsRB_x6KGFZhxyNg.png

I think those are rocket boosters

1 hour ago, johnkatz14 said:

I think those are rocket boosters

Rocket Boosters at the side......

Makes sense......

Edited by Caduryn

I thought they were just something like gas cans with painted manhole covers slapped over them, but anyhoo.. prolly losing the point of this topic now

Being a Nvidia pathed setting it will likely cripple every AMD card (on purpose, cause Nvidia is dirty like that).  Also in most other games that setting does destroy performance for such a minor increase in visuals. What about SSBC, HDAO, SSAO non Nvidia versions.

Oh I do like you adding new things though, but currently performance is great even on my old 7950 3GB, I play in 4k ( 3840 × 2160 ), medium I think and its mostly 60 fps (capped), 55 fps when some smoke right in the screen, or 45 fps in extreme battles on raid maps.  7950 is from 2012?!?!!

Edited by ZeuS666

Yeah looks very pretty if i driving with my blue weapons and the yellow/gold wepon's killed me!!!

xxxx$§ the balance ! ! !

Sign in to follow this