Sign in to follow this  
Kaliphtan

Adding nVIDA Physx

Hey guys,

I didn't saw any physx thread (after searching) so here it is one,

you  added HBAO+ (by nvidia) so why not adding PhysX in beta testing , better bullet impact (with grass/rock , just tiny pieces of them coming out), better explosions dust and flames (fancy smoke when shooting with guns)

I know there is already smoke and flames when shooting ( for exemple : with a cannon) but, it's not long (just tried in test drive mode)

And longer tire smoke (when driving over dirt) because here too, it dont last that long (like 1/2 sec and disappear). I don't know if nVidia physx is here to be honest but if it is it need more improvments (even if it is in the bottom of the priority list).

thank you for reading :D

Hello Kaliphtan! 

Thank you for suggesting technologies to improve the look of the graphics in the game. We keep working at the graphics' improvement all the time, as many former CBT players have probably noticed. PhysX hasn't been eyed for inclusion yet, as we have our own custom-made engine with its specific features and requirements. But we don't fully drop the idea, maybe it'll be implemented later, lower on the priorities' list as you've said. Prettier flames, explosions and dust are surely a worthy motivator. :) 

In order to implement a new phsyx for bullet you need to REMODEL every single piece on game (parts) i really dont think targem do this in near future.Need a lot of work.First priority is new level design and content 

if this would be added, it should be a feature to enable or disable physx.
This game runs smooth on older videocards, and it would be a shame to force people who cant afford top edge videocards to buy one, it would simply kill off alot of potential players

Personally, I could care less if Physx gets introduced at all. It looks good sometimes, sometimes it looks horrible.

Edited by MBT808

Sign in to follow this