- Night time

- Evening time

- Morning time

Thing like different weather  would  add some replayability as: 

- Raining

- Fog

- Sand storm

- Strong winds

Weather and night time could have special factors like limiting view range or reducing or increasing cooldown of weapons for example.

Edited by Ciciel
fixing typos
  • Upvote 4

Honestly this would decrease FPS and require larger video cards to handle in most cases.

Rain and other things can decrease the player base as well, but I will push this up and see what the devs think

Actually rain and snow can be added at only very low hardware cost. Like Robocraft, the snow is basically only moving pixel and not a real animated 3D object which keeps requirements very low (barely noticable at all)

And yes, more weather is a great idea. Would love to battle in battering rain.

On 7/21/2017 at 0:09 PM, GFY__ said:

Honestly this would decrease FPS and require larger video cards to handle in most cases.

Rain and other things can decrease the player base as well, but I will push this up and see what the devs think

It won't affect performance if it's done properly.  Looking at the stability of this game's engine I'm pretty sure they could pull it off just fine.

• Upvote 1

Besides, a 1060 can run the game just fine, I have amped up every graphic setting to the max, even MSAA which is the one that can slow you down the most and it works just fine for me, there are some FPS drops in the Terminal-45 map on Heist, I'll make a bug report if you need it, but yeah, using our lights on night time variation of maps would be cool, raining, snowing, even strong winds that can flip light cars and affect bullet trajectories would be cool, but that will take a while.

Edited by xXThunderFlameXx

On 21.7.2017 at 3:54 PM, Ciciel said:

Weather and night time could have special factors like limiting view range or reducing or increasing cooldown of weapons for example.

Also locations could affect these such as having faster overheating and longer cooldown in desert maps.

Tha being said I hope there'll also be some snow levels in the future!!!

• Upvote 1

+1 from me. love this idea.... specifically snow/ice (or snow/ice map, love winter) .... and night time (or fog, or heavy rain...... but headlights better be useful for such environmental effects.... love the "explorer" look of 10+ headlights on my rig.... hate the uselessness of them)

Weather effects as well as day/night time may appear in the game as it was requested many times over.

The Storms (in Storm Warning) are so beautiful, ominous, and amazing... both in view and sound... that it seems sad to limit them to Brawl.

What if: In every Mission, there's a 1/100 chance for a Storm to occur!   (And to be fair, its direction will broadside the bases, causing both capture-areas to be hit at the same time. So if neither team is winning in points when the storm front covers the bases, it becomes a fight for survival.)

This opens up some neat achievement possibilities, like "Storm Chaser" for encountering these random unusual fights.

• Upvote 1