morti271

Everything wrong with Leviathan battles

On August 6, 2017 at 4:53 PM, Kilahhjoe said:

, Redesign your build, I'm telling you it's not hard to win majority of fights.

I've won over 200 invasions and killed over 500 leviathians. 

I use 2 builds. 

First build is pure power and armor. I stack all the armor I can on THE Front, make two towers spaced but connected at top. 2 wasps and a cricket, ammo crates. 9k PS, you can go higher if you'd like but that's enough copper for me. 

Second build I call a hunter build. Wide front end with armor in front, two spit fires on the sides so they won't get shot off and a chainsaw upfront middle. Behind my cabin,  2 equalizers along with weapon cooler. This build is quick and the front end is lowered so sometimes I can flip those big  SOBs with epic weapons and get the win. 

Try different combos, I even had a build with two caucasus and two equalizers that worked. 

***I do agree it is Bull when the tower goes to 0 from 100 in seconds. The only counter is to have a smart teammate that stays in the center incase the team wanders off to kill a Leviathian 

I too have over 200 Inv. victories. Im a lvl 36. 100%complete. I agree it depends on your build, me triple crickets ,chirp chirp.Lol.   And all weapons have different structure . Get them off first.Just a few orther notes,,,,,,,,,raise pumpjack Hp,,,,,,make 2 ps lvl restrictions to enter ,,, 3000 - 5000,,,, 5000up. So we play equally. My Levi 26000 ps with 4 leng .weapons ._..._. 1 more thing ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, LARGER MAPS,,,,,,,,,,,,leng weapons have no breathing room,, hence Mandrake.? Its a dosey doo out there .Lol.

What is wrong with this mode? It is flooded with newbies and morons (yes, one who is doing it on purpose, meaning to enter the mode with 3k ps is nothing less but a utter moron) in 3k PS. Out ot  5 matches yesterday all had atleast 1 with less than 3.5k PS. Today out of 4 in 3 I hade 2 or more less than 3.5k ps. This is frustrating! I am also about to loose faith in humanity!

• Upvote 3

Remove FINALLY that stupid pumpjack because it takes 2 secs for meta leviathans to destroy that after spawn. Wtf is it doing there anyway? Invasion should be more like your last stand where you are going to grave but your job is to take as many leviathans with you as possible. Not being defeated because devs put random pumpjack in front of leviathans' spawn point. Add more maps too.

Edited by pc_master_race
  • Upvote 2

On 9/1/2017 at 0:47 AM, pc_master_race said:

Remove FINALLY that stupid pumpjack because it takes 2 secs for meta leviathans to destroy that after spawn. Wtf is it doing there anyway? Invasion should be more like your last stand where you are going to grave but your job is to take as many leviathans with you as possible. Not being defeated because devs put random pumpjack in front of leviathans' spawn point. Add more maps too.

This.. I couldn't agree more.

• Upvote 2

Leviathans should NOT be allowed to win by running away and letting the Timer expire.

That's called COWARDICE and is absolutely contradictory to the purposes of the Leviathan's AI Behavior and the Main Objective to defend the Pumpjack from it.

Fix #1. Remove the timer.

Fix #2. If the timer runs out and the current Leviathan hasn't been destroyed yet, then the next Leviathan will spawn in.

Edited by Arima_Arisaka
  • Upvote 3

The lack of battle for my leviathan shows how few are actually playing invasion now.

Hopefully the devs will work this out when they see people shying away from it.

I use whatever weapons I have for my Leviathan. That includes cannons because I have cannons... My Lev has like a 90% win rate. I attribute it mostly to armor. I have basically all Steppenwolf and Scavengers pieces--about as high a structure as is possible in the game. I know you tricksy players use all kinds of stuff, so I think going all one weapon is a bad move for building a leviathan because you're going to find some people with can counter it cold.

The problem I see with Raids in general is people bring in their PvP builds. I yelled at a guy yesterday because he had 4 wheels in a hard raid. Took the time to even type it out. Of course he got de wheeled almost immediately. All the rest of us were full armored tracks. Don't need much speed.

Raids could have a short paragraph or two to explain builds and what you need. Your only way to practice is to play it. And you inevitably get some people who have never done raids and they get massacred. It wouldn't be so bad, but you're losing fuel. When you lose 100 fuel because half your team has no chance, that hurts.

Guest Fake_Raider

wtf.thumb.png.d62715f3dd9bc3c817d4eb529d

this is my levi, it doesnt have even frames, but has %50 win rate

Hey, can we change the time limit in Invasion so that instead of having 3min to kill each Levi, you'd have 3min to kill first levi and after that each subsequent levi will add 3min to the remaining timer?

Thus if you'd kill the first Levi in 1min, you'd have 5min (2+3min) to kill the second levi. If you'd kill the second also in 1min, you'd have 7min (2+2+3min) to kill the last levi.

With the recent changes in Leviathan system you don't just have enough time to kill the last leviathan even if the players or the pumpjack are all alive and well. The Leviathans are just too durable.

Spoiler

Admittedly I made sort of a mistake here and moved to my death location presuming the Levi would still be there. My random teammates don't use radios (because of course they don't) so I have no idea where the Levi has moved. Up until my wrong move my run has been flawless which highlights the fact just one little mistake (if you wanna call it that) can make you lose an Invasion. That's too punishing IMO.

Give us more time to deal with the Leviathans.

Edited by Spedemix
typos
  • Upvote 1

On 9/3/2017 at 1:00 AM, Arima_Arisaka said:

Leviathans should NOT be allowed to win by running away and letting the Timer expire.

That's called COWARDICE and is absolutely contradictory to the purposes of the Leviathan's AI Behavior and the Main Objective to defend the Pumpjack from it.

Fix #1. Remove the timer.

Fix #2. If the timer runs out and the current Leviathan hasn't been destroyed yet, then the next Leviathan will spawn in.

I agree with you, I suggest to remove timer, also because sometimes we are close to kill the Leviathan but time finish, and Leviathan win. This happens especially with the third Leviathan.

Or at least add more time, from 3 minute to 5 minute

Edited by blablabla78987
  • Upvote 1