Do these forums need more moderators?

GhostBasedKillah

The "pre moderation" forums have tons of players that can't get a bug report approved.  Is there a backlog?  I could help. Should I submit a resume?

1 hour ago, GhostBasedKillah said:

Do these forums need more moderators?

I am going to go with yes they need more, but @SkyeShadow is who to ask.

• Upvote 2

• 4 years later...

They need to fire a couple of the mods they have for incompetence/bias and then yea.. prbably triple the overall staff size.

Will state 98% of the staff is pretty great and the only couple of problematic ones are in the player-volunteer category, not actual employees of the company.

(Again, for the mods: I Didn't reference anyone or any situation or ruling or anything else specifically. I'm staying in your rules that ensure silence about anything problematic in specifity)

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Crimson_Widow said:

Will state 98% of the staff is pretty great and the only couple of problematic ones are in the player-volunteer category, not actual employees of the company.

There should be a lot of criterea to follow to be a mod, not only "never get caught doing bad stuff".

That's kinda arbitrary and often makes mods afraid to interact with their community, which is precisely what this game desperately needs: active players with a good relationship with the community and from the community to offer a fresh point of view and challenge some bias here and there...

Someone to be the devil's advocate, so to speak.

I myself have some bans that I found to be arbitrary but in no way I could be classified as one of the toxic ones I believe.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lucashc90 said:

There should be a lot of criterea to follow to be a mod, not only "never get caught doing bad stuff".

That's do arbitrary and often makes mods afraid to interact with their community, which is precisely what this game desperately needs: active players with a good relationship with the community and from the community to offer a fresh point of view and challenge some bias here and there...

Someone to be the devil's advocate, so to speak.

I myself have some bans that I found to be arbitrary but in no way I could be classified as one of the toxic ones I believe.

There is that as a corollary... the good ones are often held back/handcuffed by bad rules or by the bad actions of the few who are not good for the position.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/6/2021 at 10:15 AM, Crimson_Widow said:

There is that as a corollary... the good ones are often held back/handcuffed by bad rules or by the bad actions of the few who are not good for the position.

this post is 4 years old,August 1, 2017

we have diff mods now,and we just got rid of the BanHammer mod,the mods are cooler now.

Edited by MudnBeer
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MudnBeer said:

this post is 4 years old,August 1, 2017

we have diff mods now,and we just got rid of the BanHammer mod,the mods are cool now and understanding human nature.

There's a new one who is vying for the crown of those mods we ran off.

• Confused 1