Changes to chat wheel on xbox

Right now we have:

Attack

Defend here

Regroup here

need help

Watchout

Great

Its simple but not effective for chat. There's no real "response" other then great and two of the buttons regroup & defend are practically the same. We need some better call outs cause these are useful maybe once a match if that and it cause confusion alot of time in miscommunication.

Lets do this instead (see Image below)

Lets say your in a fight in founder canyon theres 1 minute left and theres 2 players on each team. As it stand its a draw but the enemy 2 player are right on you. You notice your ally is charging to your aid. You know there no chance of survival for you. Rather then have him charge to his death either you tell him to "attack objective" he can know that you dont want him to help you and he needs to find a way to base to win. At the moment same scenario you call out "attack" he think you may want him to attack the people your fighting, it's too vague.

Lets say Its Rock city. Your the last man out of spawn. This battle can go two ways usually, either both teams will rush objective, or one will try to flank the other. Now your the last guy and you look behind you and see a 4 man clan coming up behind you. As it stands here's your communcation option; "Need help, Defend here." You did your job right, so here's the question if YOU turn around to fight them is anyone turning around to help you or is it gonna be a 1 vs 4 slaughter? Someone might call out "great" but that doesnt tell you if their coming or if their happy you chose to throw your life away. With my chat wheel you can call out "Enemies Nearby, Need Help" and the rest of your team can respond with "acknowledge" or "negative" at least now you know for sure if your gonna get help and turning around is a good idea or just plain suicide.

Lets talk about "regroup here"  and the other i removed. We already have a defend here button and "Need Help" is already a cry out that you need assistance a.k.a. you need someone to regroup and aid you. So regroup here is moot keeping. "Great" is a good response but not to any of these other 5 chat call outs. Great is kinda a "post action" expression of joy. It has little use during combat as a response or call out unless you won, someone flipped you over, etc. It makes little sense when you call out "need help" and someone goes "great" ... real thrilled your happy I'm about to die teammate. At least if we had acknowledge & negative they can  tell me "Negative, you gotta find your own way out" or "Acknowledge, hold on help is on the way dont hit self destruct just yet"

I'm glad we have a chat wheel don't get me wrong, but its a bad one for "communication" the call out don't match or respond to anything they are calling out. It needs a revise and Mine is plain and simple and would boost chat effectiveness by leaps and bounds without causing developers headaches. Just a few lines of text, a simple patch.

What you guys think of the wheel currently?

chat wheel.jpg

lol i forgot i had this topic so long ago i gave up on approval lol. But yeah still same issue, people are kinda still just tossing them around with confusion. I say "Attack" on rock city like "take the objective" and i get 2 people turning around to go flank saying "great" lol

On 4.11.2017 at 7:21 AM, SleepySRH said:

We still need a new chat wheel

At the Moment there are just too many suggestions in processing, please stand by.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this