Seigaku

Bots Vehicles should be taken from player pool

Although I'd be quite interested in seeing what kinds of tried-and-tested player-designed builds the AI bots would use, I also fear that they might use some of the less... tried-and-tested builds that they wouldn't know how to use effectively in battle (if at all). This would include troll builds (like those overly-long builds), highly-gimmicky builds (like those air-support and deployable missile tower builds that eNtaK showcased on his YouTube videos), or any number of non-functional art builds (like, say, a mechanized t-rex). I doubt the AI bots would be able to use those builds any more effectively than the builds that they're currently stuck with.

21 hours ago, RajRocket said:

how about making it a contest?
have the player base design the vehicles for specific PS ranges and the devs will pick the best ones for a prize.

Fantastic idea, the current bots fail at both esthetics and function.

• Upvote 1

I'd have to agree with most people on this. 

For new players the bots can be as much of a challenge as players but once players are at 3.5k PS and higher the bots are more a pest especially when the ones that are less than 1k PS are in a 4 to 6k PS battle. 

The bots now remind me of these guys

tumblr_inline_n970rlsj4Y1r4xhqw.gif

Edited by Wize5
Adding visuals
  • Haha 4

I 100% agree with this bot contest idea. Let the players build good solid bots at various PS ranges and we can vote on them in the exhibition like we do for the other vehicle contests. The winners at each tier get put into rotation as AI vehicles.

• Upvote 1

B-but, how am I going to get my free kill at the beginning, when the bots rush to our side alone? In all seriousness, the bots definitely need a buff.

1 hour ago, Dark__Blade__PS4 said:

Bring in the purple bots from normal, medium and hard raids. Those are a bit more effective than our current bots. My only fear is that some of those bots have incredible aim.

All bots have incredible aim, at least at your cabin, it's just that the ones in PvP don't always have the guns to show off w/. 4 hard-raid bots on each team in a PvP match would certainly spice things up.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, ShurikenStar said:

All bots have incredible aim, at least at your cabin, it's just that the ones in PvP don't always have the guns to show off w/. 4 hard-raid bots on each team in a PvP match would certainly spice things up.

I agree that four hard raid bots would certainly spice things up. I do really like the idea of tougher bots in PVP. Bots that scale with power score would be so deadly at the end game; especially for drone carriers.

It would be fun for bots to sometimes copy (and maybe re-paint) a vehicle from the enemy team. This way, players would (very rarely) encounter a doppelganger.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

On 24.10.2017 at 6:31 AM, Dark__Blade__PS4 said:

I agree that four hard raid bots would certainly spice things up. I do really like the idea of tougher bots in PVP. Bots that scale with power score would be so deadly at the end game; especially for drone carriers.

They scale now, at 8k I face 2xReaper bot and Mammoth+2xPyre+Turret bot. Because of aimbot they are not to be underestimated. What's more they rush cap points or choose 1 player and chase him until he is dead. Btw. they often have higher PS than me.

Edited by pc_master_race

2x Reaper bot is one of the easiest to face, because the bot attempts to fire in short bursts (for accuracy) instead of just holding down FIRE to use them appropriately. But yes, the bots can be very intimidating sometimes. It's OK for them to be bigger than players if they are trying to make up for a PS difference between teams (though ideally the stronger team's bot should be weaker, instead).

Edited by ComradeTiki

some Bots are good, ever noticed that lead bot with epic radar rush out in front (low as PS), checking your map & boom it's all lit up till it dies, use them as meat shields, hold them back so they don't charge to their deaths so you can benefit from their impeccable AI aiming skills, push them into missiles or drones, they are good because they never report ya...lol

its nice to see them scale with PS, filling the gaps (sorta) to prevent excessive queuing, balance PS matchmaking (work in Progress),

using the faction blueprints is great for giving one ideas for builds and options etc 

very rarely do they troll ya, they never say bad words about you in chat, hardly ever behaving as badly as some players, & are reliable team mates after ya suss them out, 

• Haha 1

Right now in PvP at around 6K-8K PS there seem to be a prevalence of very slow cannon+2 Pyre bots (Pyre +bot = useless), so the PS scores of bots seem to be better matched-
but they are still more of an annoyance than anything- builds that don't use ammo aren't hurt by killing bots, but anything else is a waste of time/ammo. Everybody still waits for the bots
to Leroy Jenkins, and either go for the cheesy kill, or ignore them to concentrate on players.
Buffing bots might be a problem, as there's nothing more embarrassing than accidentally getting owned by an auto-aim bot cannon..

Remove all bots and stop using them as a crutch for garbage matchmaking.

• Upvote 1