FISM

Clan wars feedback

Recommended Posts

Hey, i really enjoy competitive and ladder PvP, but here, before we call clan wars competitive we need to change few things...

No power score weight limits? This means clan wars are very much gear/coin/real money oriented PVP not counting in fact that right now its shotguns only if you want uranium. There should be separated clan wars queue for around 6k ps and 9k ps+.  This can make lot of new players frustrated and i wouldnt blame them calling it Pay to win, because it almost is.

Fixed top 30 player rewarding system is really horrible. Has to be percentage based.

Clan wars need their own maps for smaller team size.

Weapons should be balanced based on clan wars, not public matches.

 

  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totaly agree on that. there should be a powerscore based clan match. it would still be advantageous to the high level players, but the difference should be less than it is now.

but instead of only till 6k an 9k+ there should be 3 or 4. there are clans with new players who want to do clan battles too, but now they cant win anything, so its now about progress and not skill.

and for the lower powerscore battles you can reduce the rewards.

Edited by Almighty87
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got to play clan wars (xbox one). It was un-fun, uninteresting and unrewarding experience. 

Some things need to change. 

1.  Players need be rewarded at the end of each two hour block.  Rewards can be adjusted accordingly. (keep the overall weekly rewards but also give out rewards based on ranking at the end of each session) 

2. Participation rewards for everyone who plays a certain number of games a week.(the current system of rewards for top 30 teams is way to low) 

3. Maybe introduce some power score brackets (once seal clubbing is fixed) to allow even low level clan members to play and get rewards. 

4. An in game way to find available clans. New players and people who's friends left the game need an efficient way to find clans who need more members. 

5. Maps designed for clan wars. 

If think of anything else to add ill edit this post. 

 

 

Clans ranking as of 18-08-17 at 06:00 (Dublin Ireland) was 12 place. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be necroing this thread back from the dead, but I have my own story to tell about my clan wars experiences. In short, it's barren as all hello kitty.

More specifically, I recently joined a new clan in the hopes of participating in some clan wars at least once. Although there were clan-mates that were unwilling to play for reasons that I didn't understand at 1st, I eventually managed to assemble a group to play clan wars in. Even though our score at the time was 0 (much like all the other clans that have little-no clan wars experience), we ended up getting matched up against clans with far higher scores than us, sometimes multiple times. Eventually, while we managed to earn a single win through our session, all of the remaining 10+ battles in that session ended up in crushing losses against far more active and well-prepared clans, where we never stood a chance.

Given how barren and lacking in diversity the clan wars scene is, I STRONGLY recommend reforming the clan wars system, so that more players are encouraged to participate, regardless of their skill levels. This might involve rewarding participating clan members with a resource that's exclusive to clan wars, whether it's a tiny bit of uranium, electronics, or whatever (with the winning clans receiving more than the losing clans). As for the top clans, they could be awarded relic fragments for placing so high on the list.

As clan wars currently stand, I'd much rather play ranked battles (even though I believe they're in need of some reforms of their own). Why? Although, like clan wars, power score isn't taken into account, teams do seem to be roughly balanced based on their current rankings. Moreover, like clan wars, although no unique resources are gained from participating in ranked battles, unlike clan wars, participating in enough ranked battles does reward players with a frame around their portrait. I feel that clan wars is in need of similar rewards like that (and more).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love portrait frame rewards. That's what players want, something to brag about. No one cares about ore and having a relic has nothing to do with clan wars performance.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There aren't many clans, and there are even fewer doing clan wars.  There is no way of balancing teams with such a small population.  If they tried, there would end up being a lot of clans sitting idle because there is no other clan that matches their power score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DEVS

Clan wars to me is pointless now, even though I have tried to organize groups, builds and schedules for us in my clan.

We are relatively new to CW, and I play CW for about 5-10 hours per week here in Canada - EST time.  Most of the time we face off against top 30 CW clans... and we are in RUST league...WTF MAN!  We have always been in RUST league, so why are we going against players in Top Tiers CONSTANTLY?  So we change our PS from 12k ish to 9kish, and we still face the same top tier clans with their 12k+ builds.... WTF

The only answers I can think of is that:
1) CW matchmaking is totally messed up
2) VERY few people are even playing CW in North America evening CW times.  (ex 8pm EST) because no one likes CW anymore because it sucks

The rewards at RUST tier are low, I could do better in PVP or raids.

Incentive to play CW? NONE NOW

ANOTHER part of this game that is broken and lame

Is this EVER going to be fixed? or is it on it's last leg?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest IVIayheIVI

Restricting the PS will have you facing top tier clans bringing top weapons on lighter rides and playing multiple leagues to maximize their uranium gain. You could restrict it by having clan leaders and/or officers pick the league your clan is to play in for the week. Aside from PS, we could have item quality leagues. Blue, Purple, Yellow and Orange leagues restricted by the highest quality part/weapon you can put on your vehicle. Rewards scale accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's an idea, but that might push more experienced players to use lighter weapons so they can seal club in that bracket.
 

Edited by x5TR34M1ND3M0Nx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK so lesson learned

Tuesday nights are slow until 10pm EST and VERY few people are doing CW until then

Between 10pm EST and 12am EST there is enough people playing to make it worth while
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i disagree with this post on a few points

1. if clan wars was PS based, you would have people "seal clubbing", the current matchmaking is fair and simple, its based off clan rating (keeping in mind that a typhoon doesnt do damage if the person using it cant aim)

2. even if a lower level clan loses, thats ~35 scrap, just for playing, thats a fair bit of motivation to play more, upgrade your builds... win more. upgrade, repeat the cycle

3. the game doesnt need 6k PS players getting uranium. it would heavily disrupt the balance of the market.

4.Clan wars isnt "Pay to Win", teamwork plays more of a factor than your equipment, our clan runs blue/purple weapons just as much as we do legendaries. and we win games through our teamwork.

(keep in mind if you face a higher ranked clan and lose, you dont lose many point. if you face a higher ranked clan an win... thats a large boost in your rating) sometimes a lucky shot is all it takes to sway a battle to have a "miracle win"

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest IVIayheIVI

We could have different rewards for the leagues, uranium for the top 1 or 2 leagues, then electronics for the next one down, then plastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IVIayheIVI said:

We could have different rewards for the leagues, uranium for the top 1 or 2 leagues, then electronics for the next one down, then plastic.

How about no?

The biggest problem with the Uranium now is that it is rather hard to obtain, making it easy for hier tier clans to monopolize it completely which leads to humongous prices for it on the market which is just ridiculous. As an example, crafting a relic requires 600 Uranium, which takes up to 24.000 coins. So 80 percent of the crafting cost for a relic is literally made up by uranium. As of now, playing CW in the top hundred matches u almost always against relic users, which makes getting uranium even harder for newer or not so well equipped clans, making it hard to compete.

Imho, giving the first 60 ranks in CW the possibility to obtain Uranium, instead of just the first 30 i believe it was before, was a really good and long needed decision by the devs to give the game back some of its diversity and fairness.

Just on a side note, i've spoken with a few high rankers in CW, and a lot of them literally only play CW every week, because just being in the uper nine ranks earns you a total of 1000 coins per week for somewhat around 10 hrs of gameplay, which is insane and shouldnt be like that. It's true that playing good in CW is supposed to give ur team some really good benefits, but as of now the bigger clans just have a monopol on the market, which is slightly changing with the recent changes in CW.

Edited by GKFreshD
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GKFreshD said:

How about no?

The biggest problem with the Uranium now is that it is rather hard to obtain, making it easy for hier tier clans to monopolize it completely which leads to humongous prices for it on the market which is just ridiculous. As an example, crafting a relic requires 600 Uranium, which takes up to 24.000 coins. So 80 percent of the crafting cost for a relic is literally made up by uranium. As of now, playing CW in the top hundred matches u almost always against relic users, which makes getting uranium even harder for newer or not so well equipped clans, making it hard to compete.

Imho, giving the first 60 ranks in CW the possibility to obtain Uranium, instead of just the first 30 i believe it was before, was a really good and long needed decision by the devs to give the game back some of its diversity and fairness.

Just on a side note, i've spoken with a few high rankers in CW, and a lot of them literally only play CW every week, because just being in the uper nine ranks earns you a total of 1000 coins per week for somewhat around 10 hrs of gameplay, which is insane and shouldnt be like that. It's true that playing good in CW is supposed to give ur team some really good benefits, but as of now the bigger clans just have a monopol on the market, which is slightly changing with the recent changes in CW.

i feel you've been misinformed about high clans ONLY using relics, yes relics are statically the strongest weapons in game, theyre not always the best option, there are a handful of the top clans that use cricket hovers (one of the cheapest clan wars viable builds you can make). H4te, is a clan that typically takes the #1 spot, proved that theyre not reliant on their relics and used legendary weapons and was still able to rank #1. teamwork and coordination override equipment.

also, getting uranium only requires 200 rating, not really that hard to do if you put in the time to invest in your team.

higher clans dont have a monopoly on the market, theyre just getting the most uranium.

 

 

Edited by Random_MMMPH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Random_MMMPH said:

i feel you've been misinformed about high clans ONLY using relics, yes relics are statically the strongest weapons in game, theyre not always the best option, there are a handful of the top clans that use cricket hovers (one of the cheapest clan wars viable builds you can make). H4te, is a clan that typically takes the #1 spot, proved that theyre not reliant on their relics and used legendary weapons and was still able to rank #1. teamwork and coordination override equipment.

also, getting uranium only requires 200 rating, not really that hard to do if you put in the time to invest in your team.

higher clans dont have a monopoly on the market, theyre just getting the most uranium.

 

 

Oh boy, where do i even start on this comment...

So first of all, i think i am very well informed about most gamemodes in Crossout, let me elaborate:

First, i was NOT  saying higher tier clans exclusively use relic weapons, let alone due to the fact that they recruit new members at times which still dont have any.

Second, Relics are not statistically the best weapons in game, they are as a fact. Period. The only Relic ingame now that's not necessarily better or even worse than its legendary counterpart might be the breaker, due to the harder to use boon and the lack of possibilities to hide it properly from receiving damage.

Third, let's talk about your weird example with the H4TE clan here, because i feel like you haven't been watching their CW streams recently. As of now, the Typhoon is by far the most viable and popular Weapon for high tier CW. Every player i know that posseses the possibility to use them does use them. For a fact, just last week i watched H4TE playing CW with a full group of dual Typhoons on hovers. Literally 8 Typhoons on hovers with MKIIs.

Fourth, lets talk about ur statement that good teamwork overrides better weapons. That is just utter nonsense. In fact, it's literally the other way around. I am sorry to pop ur bubble, but in reality, having better weapons and/or better builds than the enemy team can very well make up for worse teamplay. Now don't get me wrong here, teamplay is still the most important factor in CW, but you can only compensate for inferior equipment to a certain extend. Let's forget the nonsensical idea to fight Typhoons with crickets, which would depend a lot on the Typhoon player either missing or the cricket player always backstabbing out of cloak. Let's say we have a team of full of dual Tsunami hovers with MKIIs and the opposing team with dual Typhoons with MKIIs aswell. Ofcourse they are all on hovers. To refresh your memories, Tsunamies have high health, really nice dmg output and the boon gives a dmg boost for standing still, which stacks up to three times for an additional damage boost of 60% max. Now a quick look on Typhoons: they have even more health than the Tsunamies, are almost the same size when mounting them on builds and have more base damage which compensates a lot for the damage boon the Tsunami offers. Sounds like a straight upgrade right? Because relics are meant to be exactly that. And we didn't even take the boon of the Typhoons into account because that is where it gets rediculous. Because Typhoons can stun any enemy vehicle, if they directly hit it, for 1 second. So having two of them makes you able to stunlock an enemy for two seconds if you are not braindead and have two different fire buttons per typhoon. Big bonus points if you delay ur fire to shoot the enemy again just as he tries to accelerate after the stun again. That should be able to buy you almost 3 secs of stunlock per teammember. Do you see where this is going? So if one of your teammates manages to stun an enemy and you focus fire, two teammambers are more than enough to permanently stunlock an enemy in open combat. Theoretically speaking. Practically speaking we will see all four members trying to keep a hit enemy in stunlock and take cover after they fired their guns.

So if we take you and me and 2 randoms into a CW (assuming we won't be very well coordinated as a team) and we get the Typhoons and then give the Tsunami hovers to one of the regular teams of the H4TE clan, im pretty sure our chances of winning the match would rise drastically. Despite of that we would still certainly loose, because that would be a raise from like 10% cance to win to 30%, because the extremely good coordination and the difference in skill level individually would be just that big.  Not to mention i detest palying hovers ;) The other way around, giving the Typhoons to the H4TE People would leave us with literally 0 chance to win.

As a last excurs, imagine a fight with the above mentioned setting between Lapki v Tapki and H4TE. It gets painfully obvious how much of a difference the weapons will make, because the coordination of both clans is exceptionally good. The Typhoons would most certainly win most of the fights, with a ratio of 2/10 or even 3/10, thats about it.

This is not a matter of opinion, it is experience earned by playing the game a lot and watching the TOP clans fight against each other. When you hit a certain point in skill level in crossout assuming you know your guns and ur build, the way your vehicle is built and performs is what puts you above the rest.

And lastly, the top clans have a monopoly on the market, that is a fact. I'm not saying this out of jelousy. Because they have formed great clans with groups performing on a very high level that many can't even compare to, the benefits they reap should be a given. But the problem that they have the biggest quantities of uranium and can control the price on the market still remains.  It is by far not as bad as i used to be because of the recent changes to the CW system, but the problem is still there. Although i'm not sure if there has to be something done about that, maybe waiting for the recent changes to take effect on a larger scale is enough. Even so, i would like to see the Leaderboards distributing rewards based on a percantage of all the Participants, meaning Clans that didn't fight at all do not count to that percentage and more participants can earn smaller amounts of uranium. Still, giving out any other resource than uranium as a main reward for getting better placements in CW would result in the top clans getting a bigger monopoly on the uranium prices again and thus, resulting in taking 3 steps back after taking one step forward after the recent changes.

Thank you for reading,

GK

Edited by GKFreshD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, GKFreshD said:

Oh boy, where do i even start on this comment...

So first of all, i think i am very well informed about most gamemodes in Crossout, let me elaborate:

First, i was NOT  saying higher tier clans exclusively use relic weapons, let alone due to the fact that they recruit new members at times which still dont have any.

Second, Relics are not statistically the best weapons in game, they are as a fact. Period. The only Relic ingame now that's not necessarily better or even worse than its legendary counterpart might be the breaker, due to the harder to use boon and the lack of possibilities to hide it properly from receiving damage.

Third, let's talk about your weird example with the H4TE clan here, because i feel like you haven't been watching their CW streams recently. As of now, the Typhoon is by far the most viable and popular Weapon for high tier CW. Every player i know that posseses the possibility to use them does use them. For a fact, just last week i watched H4TE playing CW with a full group of dual Typhoons on hovers. Literally 8 Typhoons on hovers with MKIIs.

Fourth, lets talk about ur statement that good teamwork overrides better weapons. That is just utter nonsense. In fact, it's literally the other way around. I am sorry to pop ur bubble, but in reality, having better weapons and/or better builds than the enemy team can very well make up for worse teamplay. Now don't get me wrong here, teamplay is still the most important factor in CW, but you can only compensate for inferior equipment to a certain extend. Let's forget the nonsensical idea to fight Typhoons with crickets, which would depend a lot on the Typhoon player either missing or the cricket player always backstabbing out of cloak. Let's say we have a team of full of dual Tsunami hovers with MKIIs and the opposing team with dual Typhoons with MKIIs aswell. Ofcourse they are all on hovers. To refresh your memories, Tsunamies have high health, really nice dmg output and the boon gives a dmg boost for standing still, which stacks up to three times for an additional damage boost of 60% max. Now a quick look on Typhoons: they have even more health than the Tsunamies, are almost the same size when mounting them on builds and have more base damage which compensates a lot for the damage boon the Tsunami offers. Sounds like a straight upgrade right? Because relics are meant to be exactly that. And we didn't even take the boon of the Typhoons into account because that is where it gets rediculous. Because Typhoons can stun any enemy vehicle, if they directly hit it, for 1 second. So having two of them makes you able to stunlock an enemy for two seconds if you are not braindead and have two different fire buttons per typhoon. Big bonus points if you delay ur fire to shoot the enemy again just as he tries to accelerate after the stun again. That should be able to buy you almost 3 secs of stunlock per teammember. Do you see where this is going? So if one of your teammates manages to stun an enemy and you focus fire, two teammambers are more than enough to permanently stunlock an enemy in open combat. Theoretically speaking. Practically speaking we will see all four members trying to keep a hit enemy in stunlock and take cover after they fired their guns.

So if we take you and me and 2 randoms into a CW (assuming we won't be very well coordinated as a team) and we get the Typhoons and then give the Tsunami hovers to one of the regular teams of the H4TE clan, im pretty sure our chances of winning the match would rise drastically. Despite of that we would still certainly loose, because that would be a raise from like 10% cance to win to 30%, because the extremely good coordination and the difference in skill level individually would be just that big.  Not to mention i detest palying hovers ;) The other way around, giving the Typhoons to the H4TE People would leave us with literally 0 chance to win.

As a last excurs, imagine a fight with the above mentioned setting between Lapki v Tapki and H4TE. It gets painfully obvious how much of a difference the weapons will make, because the coordination of both clans is exceptionally good. The Typhoons would most certainly win most of the fights, with a ratio of 2/10 or even 3/10, thats about it.

This is not a matter of opinion, it is experience earned by playing the game a lot and watching the TOP clans fight against each other. When you hit a certain point in skill level in crossout assuming you know your guns and ur build, the way your vehicle is built and performs is what puts you above the rest.

And lastly, the top clans have a monopoly on the market, that is a fact. I'm not saying this out of jelousy. Because they have formed great clans with groups performing on a very high level that many can't even compare to, the benefits they reap should be a given. But the problem that they have the biggest quantities of uranium and can control the price on the market still remains.  It is by far not as bad as i used to be because of the recent changes to the CW system, but the problem is still there. Although i'm not sure if there has to be something done about that, maybe waiting for the recent changes to take effect on a larger scale is enough. Even so, i would like to see the Leaderboards distributing rewards based on a percantage of all the Participants, meaning Clans that didn't fight at all do not count to that percentage and more participants can earn smaller amounts of uranium. Still, giving out any other resource than uranium as a main reward for getting better placements in CW would result in the top clans getting a bigger monopoly on the uranium prices again and thus, resulting in taking 3 steps back after taking one step forward after the recent changes.

Thank you for reading,

GK

i feel you took what i said as an insult, which wasnt my intentions, but if you seems to claim that things are FACTS... when you have 0 proof to back them up... seems a bit on the illogical side of thinking, 

You say "all relics are stronger becuase ITS A FACT"...
punishers are on-par, if not weaker than aspects. the perk of the aspect allows for higher damage,
the breaker shotgun has its own issues. but hammerfalls are generally more cost effective.
draco are typically more favored compared to firebugs due to the difficulties of armoring a firebug comepared to something the shape of a goblin 

your comment about "So if one of your teammates manages to stun an enemy and you focus fire, two teammambers are more than enough to permanently stunlock an enemy in open combat. Theoretically speaking. Practically speaking we will see all four members trying to keep a hit enemy in stunlock and take cover after they fired their guns."... i feel you forget, if its a 4v4 match. and 2 of a single team are required to IMMOBILIZE 1 person, who is more than likely firing back..you have 2 teammates that are free to do whatever they feel. 
how to counter typhoons 101.. CHAOS.. dont let them have clear comms to tear your team apart. turn up the heat and push them for any tiny mistake they make. use the map to your advantage. and keep in mind that a spark can really limit what a typhoon hover can do. 50% and double the reload time... thats a pretty big power swing,

your idea of making it a percentage base for clan wars... would only narrow down what clans get uranium even further.. not the other way around. if clans that dont participate dont count, then youre going to have a low percentage. you say that "the top clans have a monopoly on the market, that is a fact"... disproved with the fact that i have uranium in my storage.. 200 rating is all you need to get for uranium. you dont have to be top 30 to get that. 

Thank you for the long winded overly opinionated reply,

Random

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy f ing wall of text batman

Stating opinion as fact is a fast way to lose an argument FYI

BUT... IMO:
Typhoons ARE OP AF in CW, focus fire stun locks are the worst, at least kapkans I can sometimes shoot and get away. I have been stun locked starting with 1 lucky shot then was blasted to pieces by only 2 opponents with 2 typhoons each.  (4 Total)

Good teamwork is JUST as important as powerful weapons and good builds.  We have torn apart teams much higher in PS due to teamwork.

The matchmaking is still a big issue, one day we steamroll over almost everybody, the next day we go against top 30  teams over and over (sometimes the exact same clan/team 4 times in a row) and get pooped on and it's so random when it happens.

We need more people playing CW for it to be better IMO, with more/better servers in the US (We are usually all playing from North America and we end up in EU half the time)
 

Edited by x5TR34M1ND3M0Nx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2019 at 11:23 AM, Random_MMMPH said:

i feel you took what i said as an insult, which wasnt my intentions, but if you seems to claim that things are FACTS... when you have 0 proof to back them up... seems a bit on the illogical side of thinking,

Wow. This kind of reply is exactly what i mean. You let out crucial information that i am trying to deliver by proper wording, maybe it did't work out the way i wanted. Let me elaborate a bit further:

First of all, i didn't see your reply as an insult, you are very welcome to reply however you want. That said, i implore you to read carefully what i want to tell you, because the last reply you gave missed to hook up on what i was trying to inform you about. I highlighted the word statistically  especially to minimize any misinterpretations of what i was trying to say, and it still failed. I do not CLAIM anything to be a fact, i state facts because those very facts are already given. Its your choice to aknowledge them or ignore them. And telling me i have 0 proof to back them is not just a tad insulting, it's dead wrong because my whole last answer was doing exactly that. Elaborating the stated facts. I feel like you didn't even read my reply properly, which makes me a little sad tbh.

On 5/11/2019 at 11:23 AM, Random_MMMPH said:

You say "all relics are stronger becuase ITS A FACT"...
punishers are on-par, if not weaker than aspects. the perk of the aspect allows for higher damage,
the breaker shotgun has its own issues. but hammerfalls are generally more cost effective.
draco are typically more favored compared to firebugs due to the difficulties of armoring a firebug comepared to something the shape of a goblin

Every example you gave is wrong here. If you look at the parameters of each weapon you listed, you will see that Punishers have more DMG than Aspects. Breakers have more DMG than Hammerfalls, and Firebugs have WAY more DMG than Dracos. You see where this is going? That is what i meant by highlighting STATISTICALLY SPEAKING. The relics are stronger as a fact. I admit here that i worded that very poorly in my last reply. I hope it came around better this time. Sorry for that.

On 5/10/2019 at 2:59 PM, GKFreshD said:

Second, Relics are not statistically the best weapons in game, they are as a fact. Period.

It should say here: Relics are statistically stronger than their legendary counterparts, so that is a fact.

I was never really talking about their practical use, i just scratched that topic with my breaker shotgun example. But ofcourse, if we take into account how good you can secure your weapons or make use of their movability or their percs, the whole issue gets more complicated. I can agree very well with you that the Breaker shotgun is no real match for Hammerfalls atm, because of the huge difference in the ability to build around them without obstructing their shooting angle too much, and their practical use in combat when you want to use the perc effectively. On top, you will have to deal with the extra ps the Breaker comes with. Firebugs are a huge pain to secure because they have fairly low HP and are huge, same with the punishers. Wherease i still think the punishers are better than the Aspects as a weapon, its just way harder to secure them from taking DMG and the high PS is a problem on lower PS builds.

On 5/11/2019 at 11:23 AM, Random_MMMPH said:

your comment about "So if one of your teammates manages to stun an enemy and you focus fire, two teammambers are more than enough to permanently stunlock an enemy in open combat. Theoretically speaking. Practically speaking we will see all four members trying to keep a hit enemy in stunlock and take cover after they fired their guns."... i feel you forget, if its a 4v4 match. and 2 of a single team are required to IMMOBILIZE 1 person, who is more than likely firing back..you have 2 teammates that are free to do whatever they feel. 
how to counter typhoons 101.. CHAOS.. dont let them have clear comms to tear your team apart. turn up the heat and push them for any tiny mistake they make. use the map to your advantage. and keep in mind that a spark can really limit what a typhoon hover can do. 50% and double the reload time... thats a pretty big power swing,

I feel that you havent watched enough of the top clan CWs here. I have quiet some experience in CW aswell, but i purposely chose 2 top clans for my example to make it easy to understand. On top i have not taken into account different builds on purpose, as the point of this example was to prove my point of the Typhoon being alot better than the Tsunami. The above mentioned two clans  barely make any mistakes when fighting in their respective teams they're used to. That's what makes them really fun to watch and a good learning experience aswell. So taking that into account whenever they do make a mistake when fighting another top clan, it often costs them their advantage. And i will still insist that a top team of those clans can easily stunlock an enemy if they catch them making a mistake. But if you want to take other builds into account aswell, you can surely disrupt Typhoons with Sparks, but they have to be very fast to get their target, because the Typhoon works best on wheeled builds right after spiders. And while a team of Typhoons can support each other quiet well when rushed, several Sparkvesters just hinder each other on one target. Even coordinating a rush on different enemys is quiet hard with a full sparkvester team. Now you can go on and take Lances and the like into account, but as i said, that was not my intention and we would start to go in circles anyways. On top of that, i believe controlling the Chaos in a match when you just rush the enemys is really difficult, it's very reliant on the enemys to make mistakes. Never works for me.

On 5/11/2019 at 11:23 AM, Random_MMMPH said:

your idea of making it a percentage base for clan wars... would only narrow down what clans get uranium even further.. not the other way around. if clans that dont participate dont count, then youre going to have a low percentage. you say that "the top clans have a monopoly on the market, that is a fact"... disproved with the fact that i have uranium in my storage.. 200 rating is all you need to get for uranium. you dont have to be top 30 to get that. 

I might have expressed myself not properly again on this one. I am aware that you don't have to be in the top 30 to get Uranium. But the top 30, and therefore especially the top 10, get a pretty hefty bonus amount to the amount all participants with a certain score get. My idea to give out uranium on a percentage was meant to spread out those top 30, not to deprive all the other participants that have 200 points+ of their uranium. They should still get it. So depending on the max. number of the participants, more people would get a bonus after the seasons ends, but the Top 10 and the first 3 places would still retain their bigger bonuses. This would still give them better amounts of recources in the end how it should be, but it would lower the price of uranium more over time. The uranium price already dropped over the last 2 weeks, so like i said, the recent changes are already taking effect on the long run it seems.

So in the end, it mostly boiled down on poor wording, and i hope i'm not the only one who is affected by that at times :)

Thanks for reading again,

GK

 

Edited by GKFreshD
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clan Wars should have more strict rules.

Set Rules:

1: cant enter with fuelbarrels.
this would not completly fix the lowlifers that autodestruct for droping score on purpose, but atleast its some

2: disable autodestruct for 2mins in the FIRST round.
would allow players to get some score in for points for uranium.
again, this is to prevent lowlifers that trows the game on purpose

3: players with a score of 20 for each round they stay in the game
this ensures atleast 40 score (minimum to get uranium).
again, those lowlife players htat drops score on purpose

4: 15min ban for the entire clan ban if detect loosing score
this could work better if a rule say you need to be atleast 3 mins in the battle for not getting banned.
one drawback is that gamecrashes is considerd unsportsmanlike

5: need x-ammount of combat score in before droping score
say like 400 total across the entire team need to be put into the combat before it counts towards loosing score.

 

more and more lowlife loosers out there strated doign the same BS, fuelbarrels and boosters, to bypass the 5min ban, they do this to willingly drop score to farm easier enemies than face others instead, this should not be allowed, if your good, you should face higher rank clans

Edited by Sasherz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I highly doubt that Gaijin will change any of the Power Score/Balance issues around Clan Wars as it currently provides impetus for players to spend money. That being said I personally loathe this system, it absolutely lends an edge to players with more end-game gear. Other posters have hit on the same points I would. Build types in clan wars are incredibly stagnant, and the meta is pretty bland. Why can rust go against top ranked players and vice versa? If you want to have a competitive build get ready to drop some serious coin into it, like up to 10k coin easy.

That being said, I too would love it if in clan wars there were PS brackets, or PS scaling, or part scaling, or a PS allotment and we removed the 4 player cap. Something done to break up this monotony and make it more accessible to more of the player base.

  1. PS Brackets just mean any player in the match cannot have a ride over a certain PS threshold
  2. PS scaling would function similar to raids, and would give relatively low PS builds some % stat increases.
  3. Part scaling would straight up make blues much stronger, purples a fair bit stronger, and yellows a tad stronger solely for the purpose of clan wars.
  4. PS allotment would change the player cap but mean your team could not go above a certain PS, say make it 4k PS, you can either bring four 1k builds or eight 500 PS builds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clan Wars are clan RANKED matches.. so obviously matchmaking should be based on RANK and nothing else... 

Of COURSE higher weapons perform better than lesser ones... are you expecting to be boosted in rank for having inferior gear? these are ranked matches - the best players should be winning, and the best players who also have the best gear should be even higher.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more time:

 

PvP is game mode where you winning or losing doesn't make that much of a difference in terms of rewards earned. Also no matter how weak or powerful build you take into battle, you're gonna be facing roughly equally powerful enemies - at least on paper. Take your art build or your seal-clubber with 15 fuel, you're bound to earn some scrap or wires etc.

 

CW is the hardcore mode where you bring your absolute best in terms of gear and see how well it matches against others. Once you're past 200pts winning or losing makes a huge difference in your rewards. 10 wins is an equivalent of an epic weapon. 600 wins pretty much gives you a Relic weapon. The mode is much much harder and unforgiving than the others but the rewards reflect on it.

 

Sure, you probably need Relic weapons in your team to to place top30 upwards by the end of the week but you certainly don't need relics to farm Uranium.

 

Initially CW used to have this problem where you'd need relics to place top30 to earn uranium in the first place to craft relics. That was so backwards. That is no longer an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.