FISM

Clan wars feedback

On 6/15/2019 at 12:52 AM, Spedemix said:

Initially CW used to have this problem where you'd need relics to place top30 to earn uranium in the first place to craft relics. That was so backwards. That is no longer an issue.

This

Compared to the old uranium system it is so easy to farm uranium now :D

I agree that a solo ranked tournament should be occuring weekly, inbetween the clan war schedule . It would give MANY weapons and builds a purpose. 100% guarentee a typhoon hover or spider would not be the leader of a 1v1 tournament but they work well in clan war

However asking for clan wars to be divided and put into power score brackets is just silly.  Literally 2 sessions into it, there would be forum posts about seal clubbing in clan wars, so lets just let the hard prestigious thing in the game remain just that

Edited by Babylonsburning
More

I think that the only thing clan wars really need is an incensive to play it for it to be more diverse.

I can accept that only the top 30 get uranium but maybe make the other teams gain a bit more than pity scrap. That could be other ressourses, white parts or anything like that but having to take the time to build a team inside your clan for basically a bit of scrap (roughly the same than normal games except you have to play 3 whole rounds sometimes which can be as long as normal games).

If it was a bit worth it to win even in rust league, people would try to play it more. Granted the 5 win in CW quest is a step in the right direction.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:43 AM, ZERGOR said:

I think that the only thing clan wars really need is an incensive to play it for it to be more diverse.

YES, if the word you meant to say is "incentive"

I can accept that only the top 30 get uranium but maybe make the other teams gain a bit more than pity scrap. That could be other ressourses, white parts or anything like that but having to take the time to build a team inside your clan for basically a bit of scrap (roughly the same than normal games except you have to play 3 whole rounds sometimes which can be as long as normal games).

WRONG, tier 3 gets you uranium

If it was a bit worth it to win even in rust league, people would try to play it more. Granted the 5 win in CW quest is a step in the right direction.

I agree somewhat, I think that Tier 1 and 2 rewards for scrap should be doubled to make it worth it for teams with smaller PS to participate and gain experience. 

Also, I think that relic weapons must have their PS doubled or tripled to take into account their actual value, and to keep them from seal clubbing new players in lower PS

Edited by x5TR34M1ND3M0Nx

On 7/16/2019 at 4:02 PM, highbally said:

pls enable ClanWars for SoloQueue Ranked.

For alot of players Team Ranked is hard to organize for casuals.

It's called CLAN Wars not Casual wars... :laugh:

cw need a matchmaker that actually is fair.im so fed up with doing well getting into tin and then getting matched with top 60 and top 100 clans, then being sent all the way back down to rust. when we get a fair match where both the teams have similar gear, we normally win, but then the bad luck kicks in and we get matched with scorpion and typhoon meta hovers on teams that have been earning ore for years. and we just get nuked from orbit. there's no skill in that, it's just luck, money, and op parts.

• Upvote 2

CW is my favorite game type overall, but it is broken...

What is the point of a newer clan (A few months old) with 10-13k builds in Rust league going against 16k clans with a much higher Tier ranking time after time?  Most of the Clan we go against are top 100 and we can;t get out of Rust league due to CW matchmaking.  Most of them also have many months if not YEARS of CW experience and most of my Clanmates are just starting in CW.  They are getting VERY unhappy with how insanely unfair matches are and so am I.  Matchmaking in CW last year was MUCH better.  Most of us are very interested in doing CW but we get smashed 10:1 with loses due to insanely unfair matchmaking.  When I ran CW in my last Clan we were top 100 so it makes no sense why things are as they are now for us.  My Clanmates are not simply going to throw hundreds of dollars at the game to pay to win and buy relics so we can be more competitive that way.  Most of us contribute hundreds of dollars to the game yearly, or grind a lot with a lower $ contribution, or a mix of both. 

Notice that CW has an entry PS of 6000 too, but you almost never see anyone under 10k PS... coincidence?  Nope.  If you run 6k or 8k or 10k you still run against top 100 Clans with 15k rigs.  We tested it the last few weeks. 

If matchmaking keeps sucking like this you are only going to have maybe 50-100 clans all running very similar builds doing CW, with the other 500+ clans not even bothering to try since there is no point.    With no additional income coming in from established CW players since they already have all the relics they need and all the uranium they need.  Newer and mid to high range PS players (non pay to win) will quit the game since there is almost no way to win.  Think long term, not short term like things appear now.  More money will be generated by the mid level players building up to CW, not the few left that are buying a few relics here and there.  Then the game will die off in 6-12 months and we will all lose.

DEVS please fix this while there is time. All complaining aside, we love this game and want it to be fair, but attention is wandering to other games.  Act soon for all our sake.

Below is an example of how screwed up matchmaking is, this was from last week.  Normally we run at about 11-12k but we tested lower PS to see if matchmaking was better, it wasn't.  I doubt we will be running CW until the above issues are fixed properly.

I will not be spending anymore money on the game until CW is fixed, as are others...

image.thumb.png.ef4040751f7f4650db82a0f5

• Upvote 6

Even if you beat these uranium earning clans in a battle, you don't get any uranium for beating them unless you are in a high enough league. To add insult to injury, the CW whales have enough resources to have reloading fused tsunamis, mass fused cabs, fused ammo packs, fused everything. Whereas nobody can afford this, nor compete with it at the highest levels. 1600kg of extra mass is another 700 hp in engineer armor. Most of us don't have 3000 - 3800 coins for a 50% chance to get a mass fused pack epic cab. (All of which has an advantage over the crap we have that is craftable)

• Upvote 4

I admit that making a balancing platform for CW must be difficult with so many factors, upgrading parts doesn't even raise the PS of those parts even though there is a significant bonus.  Well, in some cases at least, like +5% damage to my lances, BUT getting my part durability raised by 10% on my gasgen didn't do very much lol. 

These are the factors I can think of off the top of my head, although all might not be factored, is there even a list of the factors???

ENG level of all players, Power Score, # of Epics, # of Legendaries, # of Relics (and comparing them on a sliding scale), vehicle coin values (most useful if it counted upgraded x3 part values) , K/D ratio, tier level, overall Clan CW rank...

I actively avoid CW, as do many other players. Its a terrible system in general. Even apart from the boring gameplay of copy pasted meta builds fighting other copy pasted meta builds theres other bigger issues.

• Uranium cuts off entire weapon set from the majority of the playerbase. They could easily make Uranium be earnable outside of CW, but have CW be the fastest way to earn it.  Using uranium as an exclusive CW reward is just bad game design.
  • No different CW leagues for different PS ranges. Newer players with less equipment and players who enjoy smaller vehicles have no way to really participate in CW. Again, terrible game design

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

From another post

ZekaiDika10

Dude I was in CHED, they all have relics, and now how to play so the hole week we did suicide so that we can play against ppl from 200 points, so you get easy uranium, and to many times they were in top 20 so most of teams do deranking to face low level players to get more uranium 

• Upvote 2

The devs have said they're looking into the whole deranking issue and coming up ways to discourage that.

The derank is only one facet of a very broken CW system.  They better move fast bro, or I foresee a lot of regular players becoming very casual players of this game.  Over 500 people I have met in game no longer play, or are very casual, they play XO like once every 2 weeks

• Upvote 1

I don't like that it's 4v4 PVP.  With a name like Clan Wars, I expected something more than 4 in a "Clan" (At a time) and 8 in a "War" (At a time.)  

I like Story, and CW is just another PvP grind.  "Get the Uranium!" instead of "Get the Scrap!"  Only even fewer targets, on the same maps.

World War I had a story.  The Winter-through Continuation War did too,and I'm not even getting into World War II: The Sequel!  The Russo-Chinese wars...  The Highland (Clan's) Wars had stories, probably thousands that weren't told.  You ever played "Romance of the 3 Kingdoms?"  That's one hell of a story, enough for 2 series of Games (Also "Dynasty Warriors) AND Novels.

In Crossout, Clan Wars is just 4v4, instead of 8v8 (With Bots)  That's not a clan, and that's not a war, neither.  At least that's my opinion, I could be wrong.  Now, i don;t want to get off on a rant here, but I envisioned something like an MMO (Which Crossout is not.  It's a lobby based 3rd person shooter, with a Garage like Armored Core.)  With 3 factions (Where have I heard that before) maybe 3 more factions (Like the Steppenwolves, Firestarters, and Dawn's Children) you can allie with, and maybe some neutral factions (Like the Knechte, and Ravagers) that don;t ally with anyone...

You know, the lore you already wrote?  Maybe dust off the Colleseum, that you get to fight in, once in Adventure mode...  3 Carts enter, 1 car leaves?  Having a literal Thunderdrome we never get to use is like having a Leviathan we never get to see in action.  I'm sure something gets lost in Translation, but if you're going to advertise an MMO, and Clan Wars, at least fire up Google Translate, and transliterate what those things mean into Cyrillic.

You need to invest in some writers.

As a new player who applied to more than 30 clans and sadly got rejected by them all, despite having 13k PS, I decided to make my own clan just for expierence and earn as little ore as I can. Then I read about the sad truth....

- The only way to earn ore is through CW...

- Only top 60 clans get ore...

- After the season has ended, the clans get to keep their rating...

Im lost for words honestly. The amount of time I came across the word "Elites" here on forum is astonishing. At first I thought people were joking and taking the banter, but its clear to me you, the devs dont want us to earn ores. This is the system where rich just get richer and making it harder for other people to compete as the months/years go by.

You are taking the wrong turn. Stop applying this Asian methaphor in which you suck the life out of us. That is a buisiness model which only lasts temporarily and I honestly dont blame the Asians for it. They make repetitive mmo's and cash in as much as they can until the players realise.

You dont have to do this on the other hand, because you dont have rival companies with the same identity. Cross out is unique with its building mechanics and you can and should make more out of it. If I was in charge here, this game would be skyrocketing on twitch. You have all the tools, but the wrong mind set. I hope you realise this soon.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Any clan whose score is above 200pts get one Uranium per win. That's actually more lucrative way of earning Uranium than going for Top60 or so.

On 12/13/2019 at 12:06 AM, Zlaraki said:

As a new player who applied to more than 30 clans and sadly got rejected by them all, despite having 13k PS, I decided to make my own clan just for expierence and earn as little ore as I can. Then I read about the sad truth....

- The only way to earn ore is through CW...

- Only top 60 clans get ore...

- After the season has ended, the clans get to keep their rating...

Im lost for words honestly. The amount of time I came across the word "Elites" here on forum is astonishing. At first I thought people were joking and taking the banter, but its clear to me you, the devs dont want us to earn ores. This is the system where rich just get richer and making it harder for other people to compete as the months/years go by.

You are taking the wrong turn. Stop applying this Asian methaphor in which you suck the life out of us. That is a buisiness model which only lasts temporarily and I honestly dont blame the Asians for it. They make repetitive mmo's and cash in as much as they can until the players realise.

You dont have to do this on the other hand, because you dont have rival companies with the same identity. Cross out is unique with its building mechanics and you can and should make more out of it. If I was in charge here, this game would be skyrocketing on twitch. You have all the tools, but the wrong mind set. I hope you realise this soon.

Did you just randomly apply ingame or actually joined discords and talked to people?
There's a clan search subforum on here as well. We are currently full but we did recruit players that were new to CW.

BTW as been said before you get 1 uranium (2with scanner) for each win you get as long as you are in bronze league (200points)

About the system, yea its kinda flawed.
I'd like to see a more fun based system were it changes weekly, one week only blue parts allowed, next week only purples.
Or make it like a roulette, 2 weapon types will be drawn, 2 movement parts will be drawn etc.   It would be a lot more diverse, and not meta builds everywhere :P

Edited by v3rgi1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, v3rgi1 said:

Or make it like a roulette, 2 weapon types will be drawn, 2 movement parts will be drawn etc.   It would be a lot more diverse, and not meta builds everywhere :P

In any competition, the top will pretty much stick to what's worked before.  Innovation is actually downplayed, as with the example of the F1 car with a downforce fan.  Or recumbent Bicycles (Which were banned in 1934 because they were so much faster.)

Regardless of the rewards, you wouldn't make it on the leaderboard in the first place unless you did whatever it takes to give you an edge.  Changing the rewards wouldn't change the competition.  There could be no rewards other than the top spot, and people would still play, just for that.

31 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

In any competition, the top will pretty much stick to what's worked before.  Innovation is actually downplayed, as with the example of the F1 car with a downforce fan.  Or recumbent Bicycles (Which were banned in 1934 because they were so much faster.)

Regardless of the rewards, you wouldn't make it on the leaderboard in the first place unless you did whatever it takes to give you an edge.  Changing the rewards wouldn't change the competition.  There could be no rewards other than the top spot, and people would still play, just for that.

but there has never before been a CW with blue items only, how can they stick to it then?
Im just spilling ideas no concept. But imagine a roulette machine,
[Rarity Tier] x [Weapon Class] x [Movement Part]      So one week we get:
---> Blue Items x Shotguns/Crossbow x Auger/Track
week after that is
---> Purple > Cannons/Melee x Hovers/Tracks

Some combinations might be doubtfull but they would be a lot of fun to play. Every week we actually would have to "CRAFT, ride and destroy."
Not "use Meta Build, Roflstomp"

Edited by v3rgi1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, v3rgi1 said:

but there has never before been a CW with blue items only, how can they stick to it then?

That would be neat to watch, but that would be more of an Event.  I'd like to see it, but I wouldn't incorporate it into Clan Wars as a whole.  

13 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

That would be neat to watch, but that would be more of an Event.  I'd like to see it, but I wouldn't incorporate it into Clan Wars as a whole.  

Even if it was just event wise for a month i'd be happy :D

If anything, I'd like to see an Epic league.  Maybe not Clan Wars, but a similar format, because the most Variety is in Purple.  You have the most Parts to chose from, especially Cabins.

One of the problems with Blue League is the Growl.  Everyone would be driving Growl, and probably Ampere, because the maximum Charge you can get without Perks is 13.  In the interest of Variety, and Creativity, it just wouldn't work, down where there's only 1 Cabin with 11 Energy, and no Perks to offset that honestly massive penalty.

Epic League would be limited to 15 Energy, but for that, you have Harpy, Blight, Torero, Favorite...  Just no Legendary (Or Relic) weapons, and no Apollos.  It would be more acessible to players that can't afford an Apollo.

I want a 1v1 Duel anyway.  If you really wanted to prove who has the best driving, and aiming skills, a 1v1 Duel with Epic parts eliminates a lot of the Play to Win, and Team bonus from the equation.  You can't say "You let the dogs through!" when you get backstabbed, you have to admit that either yyou left your back exposed, and lost track of the enemy, or that they outplayed you.

You have nobody else to blame.