FISM

Clan wars feedback

16 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

If anything, I'd like to see an Epic league.  Maybe not Clan Wars, but a similar format, because the most Variety is in Purple.  You have the most Parts to chose from, especially Cabins.

One of the problems with Blue League is the Growl.  Everyone would be driving Growl, and probably Ampere, because the maximum Charge you can get without Perks is 13.  In the interest of Variety, and Creativity, it just wouldn't work, down where there's only 1 Cabin with 11 Energy, and no Perks to offset that honestly massive penalty.

Epic League would be limited to 15 Energy, but for that, you have Harpy, Blight, Torero, Favorite...  Just no Legendary (Or Relic) weapons, and no Apollos.  It would be more acessible to players that can't afford an Apollo.

I want a 1v1 Duel anyway.  If you really wanted to prove who has the best driving, and aiming skills, a 1v1 Duel with Epic parts eliminates a lot of the Play to Win, and Team bonus from the equation.  You can't say "You let the dogs through!" when you get backstabbed, you have to admit that either yyou left your back exposed, and lost track of the enemy, or that they outplayed you.

You have nobody else to blame.

good point about the blue cabins...
guess we need more blue cabins and parts then? :P

1 minute ago, v3rgi1 said:

good point about the blue cabins...
guess we need more blue cabins and parts then? :P

I would like 1 other Light (Nomads) that's wider, and lower, so you have another option for the Shape of your vehicle.  But yeah.

On 12/16/2019 at 1:00 PM, Spedemix said:

Any clan whose score is above 200pts get one Uranium per win. That's actually more lucrative way of earning Uranium than going for Top60 or so.

On 12/16/2019 at 1:35 PM, v3rgi1 said:

Did you just randomly apply ingame or actually joined discords and talked to people?
There's a clan search subforum on here as well. We are currently full but we did recruit players that were new to CW.

BTW as been said before you get 1 uranium (2with scanner) for each win you get as long as you are in bronze league (200points)

About the system, yea its kinda flawed.
I'd like to see a more fun based system were it changes weekly, one week only blue parts allowed, next week only purples.
Or make it like a roulette, 2 weapon types will be drawn, 2 movement parts will be drawn etc.   It would be a lot more diverse, and not meta builds everywhere :P

I hovered on the help icon and that particular part was missing about gaining uranium per win. I still dont know what to think about it tho. What is the average PS in bronze?

And yes I just randomly applied ingame. I might try something different depending how good the bronze league is.

They should just increase the gain of uranium overall so that everyone is rewarded with a win in ranked, ofcourse the higher tiers should recieve more for a win. This way ranked would be more appealing for everyone.

22 hours ago, Zlaraki said:

I hovered on the help icon and that particular part was missing about gaining uranium per win. I still dont know what to think about it tho. What is the average PS in bronze?

The CW doesn't have a PS rating, only thing that's required is a vehicle whose PS is over 6000. Most of the "proper" CW builds tend to begin from around 10k PS (Epic cabin and movement parts + Legendary weapons or some of the better Epics like Crickets or Lances).

22 hours ago, Zlaraki said:

They should just increase the gain of uranium overall so that everyone is rewarded with a win in ranked, ofcourse the higher tiers should recieve more for a win. This way ranked would be more appealing for everyone.

The community has been pushing for this to prevent people from deliberately playing on lower leagues. Currently all leagues from Bronze to Gold give you 1/2 Uranium per win while Diamond league (+600pts) gives you 2/3 Uranium per win (depending on whether you have subscription or not).

Hi Folks,
I would like to offer my input on Clan Wars and the way that uranium is being awarded - I feel it is destroying the game.  More accurately, it's destroying Clan cohesiveness, and causing inner turmoil, so please, it needs to change.

<rant>
My experience of doing Clan Wars over the past year has highlighted the following issues with the current system. It goes like this:
⦁    Clan is formed with the intent to win CW and gain uranium.
⦁    Serious money is spent to get builds that are up to spec / CW meta.
⦁    Clan plays CW for a while - results are not as rewarding as anticipated.
⦁    Over time, the clan forms into a core of CW players that can do the work.  But to most of the other 12-16 clan players, CW is something that they are only invited to play on rare occasions.
⦁    Players get angry, leave, find new team.  They all have the same expectation that the new team will be open to them having a starring roll, but it's always much the same.  Join the core or go away.
⦁    To join the Core requires more than any F2P can expect to acquire in any reasonable time, so they drop out.
⦁    Those people who've spent serious dollars and can't find a clan that they can work / jell with drop out.
This leaves just an ever shrinking community of elites that dominate CW.  

This will continue until you make changes to the awarding of uranium in Clan Wars.
</rant>

So, my suggestion would be to have a pool of awards that can be awarded to a larger range of the Clan Wars participants. Not only would this help inspire everyone to have a go, but may inspire more variation in the use of weapons - knowing that awards are given for using them. You can still keep the current rank/earning system, if desired, but I would suggest making the uranium award equal above bronze and have these following award system allocate the additional amounts of uranium.

The following are examples of how allocation of additional units of uranium may be awarded to a larger spectrum of players.  Uranium award amounts are up for discussion.  Nominally 1 or 2 units per award.
In cases where there are multiple potential award winners, the winner is randomly drawn from the pool, or awarded to the (most experienced/highest / least experienced/lowest) clan ranked player for the week. Up to you...

Team awards provide an award for all players that made positive score during the weeks games. Uranium for top 4, (batteries/plastic) for lower scoring team players.

Weekly Clan Wars Awards: Team
⦁    Most kills for the week
⦁    Highest score for the week
⦁    Most damage output for the week
⦁    Most damage sustained for the week
⦁    Most number of battles for the week
⦁    Most improved team - biggest jump in clan rank
⦁    Wooden spoon team - Lowest clan score for the week

Weekly Clan Wars Awards: Personal
⦁    Most kills for the week
⦁    Highest score for the week
⦁    Most damage output for the week
⦁    Most damage sustained for the week
⦁    Most number of battles for the week
⦁    Most improved player - biggest jump in personal score
⦁    Highest weekly score using: cannon / MG / SG / Energy weapon / melee weapon / artillery / Missiles / UG rockets / etc.
⦁    Wooden spoon player - Lowest player score for the week

Weekly Random Awards:
Additionally, you may add some bonus awards for use of cabs / movement parts / hardware.  These items would feature as weekly announcements at the beginning of the CW season, so players can make a CW build to include the weekly featured item(s) in return for award.
Note: featured items should be Rare or Epic but not higher, to ensure better build diversity and greater low Power Score play.

⦁    Best score using featured: (Cab / Movement Part / Hardware)
⦁    Most damage sustained using featured: (Cab / Movement Part / Hardware)

From a programming perspective, it would involve having a database for all CW battles and some data tools to make the weekly awards.  Hopefully not too much of a stretch on the company resources.

That's my 20c worth of balancing for this issue.  The current ranking system only goes so far to reward all the hard work that we as players go through.  For many, the desire for Uranium can make them very ugly, angry and selfish. 

Please change the way Uranium is awarded.  What we currently have is destroying Clans.

Thanks for reading.

Stoopid_noob.

Edited by Stoopid_noob
Better formatting
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks.  I've been mulling the issue over for quite a while.  The awards probably need better explanation/definition, but it's a starting point.

The point of Power Score in CW is absolutely arbitrary aside from filtering out new players. Which I might add is currently counter-intuitive as it's a huge part where players get turned off, quit playing and quit paying.

Stoopid_noob's ideas are good for diversifying rewards, but most of them will go to the elite anyway, which doesn't really help.

One of the biggest flaws with CW matchmaking is the win/loss rewards ratio, if you're playing in rust and losing to the top rated clans you can still drop 3 points per match when you stood little to no chance. Same for if your team is 50k PS and going up against 90k PS, what chance does your team really stand?

I would love to see a system where the matchmaking rewards are based on how relevant the PS difference of the teams is. Do 50K teams always womp 25K teams? OK, then the rewards for playing in a match that you are WAY more likely to win or lose should be reflected (also known as grading on a curve). Does your team statistically stand a 1% chance of winning? OK then, when you lose rank you lose 1% of what is normal, and so on.

ELO makes no sense in a matchmaking system where the playing fields are ABSOLUTELY not even. It was never intended for such a use. It is for zero-sum games where the sides are even.

The last point here is really a win-win: Playing a bracket that's a fairer match has the GREATEST rewards. It will push teams to use builds closer to a more common PS range.

• Upvote 1

I can't say I like Stupid_Noobs suggestion.  It encourages the lack of team play.  I already have to deal with random teammates in single player battles pushing me out of the way to steal my kills.  Now you reward them when they do that when we enter CW's and a lot more is at stake?  No thanks!

The way to begin fixing this is simple and has been stated many times throughout this thread for the past 3 years: Power Score brackets.

• 6K - 9K:  This allows for a more diversified amount of weapons.  For example, I love the Triggers.  But I can't currently bring them into a CW. This also allows somewhat newer players to put their toe into the CW pond and still compete.
  • 9K - 12K:  With some adjustments to the Relic weapon PS's, this could be a more Legendary battlefield.
  • 12K+:  For the Relics and veterans

Just set a weekly cap on how much uranium one can win regardless of which PS they play in.  Adjustments can be made once this is implemented.  At least this would get CW's on a positive route to being much more successful, entertaining and enjoyable for a broader group of gamers.

Ok chicos, no juego muchas guerras de clanes pero, ¿me están diciendo que en el cruce hay "élites", que usan algo como el capitalismo abusivo? ¿Los mejores clanes tienen más poder sobre cierto mineral y lo monopolizan a su antojo? ¿Por qué tendría sentido de una manera que el mercado se pueda controlar con la oferta y la demanda, si cierto grupo controla la demanda del producto ... oye? ..esto es xxxx pero es como si crossout creara su saber por sí mismo ... como he dicho antes en crossout, más que solo pilotos, somos pequeñas empresas o grupos que están adquiriendo una mejor tecnología para la recolección de recursos, para que no tiene sentido que solo nosotros hagamos nuestros autos, tiene más sentido con el juego y la historia para enviar a los conductores a autodestruirse por nosotros.

Y con el tiempo hacemos alianzas con otras compañías tan poderosas como nosotros, gremios que controlan el desierto ... genial ... Ni siquiera sé qué harían las facciones, pero podrían ser parte del juego, el crossout debería funcionar más sobre el juego y la historia por igual.

Edited by Petr0_Sanchez

On 6/5/2020 at 5:16 PM, JLo007 said:

I can't say I like Stupid_Noobs suggestion.  It encourages the lack of team play.  I already have to deal with random teammates in single player battles pushing me out of the way to steal my kills.  Now you reward them when they do that when we enter CW's and a lot more is at stake?  No thanks!

The way to begin fixing this is simple and has been stated many times throughout this thread for the past 3 years: Power Score brackets.

• 6K - 9K:  This allows for a more diversified amount of weapons.  For example, I love the Triggers.  But I can't currently bring them into a CW. This also allows somewhat newer players to put their toe into the CW pond and still compete.
  • 9K - 12K:  With some adjustments to the Relic weapon PS's, this could be a more Legendary battlefield.
  • 12K+:  For the Relics and veterans

Just set a weekly cap on how much uranium one can win regardless of which PS they play in.  Adjustments can be made once this is implemented.  At least this would get CW's on a positive route to being much more successful, entertaining and enjoyable for a broader group of gamers.

As much as I'd like to see fair MM in CW, I am affraid that 6-9k bracket would be infested with seal clubbers who would make it their go-to destination for a lighthearted carnage. I am pretty sure you could squeeze even relic build into 6-9k PS. I was thinking about solutions to this problem many times and the best one I got so far was to simply fix MM so it respects the leagues. This would provide learning curve for new players. Perhaps mixing leagues with PS score limit might be a good idea too. Rust 6-8k, Tin 8-10k etc. So you would not be able to advance to diamond without your balls deep relic build but I seriously doubt you'd be able to get there before you can afford it anyway.

Turn Clan Wars back to normal. This not a competitive mode anymore, it is a 'pay to win' mode from now on. It required skill and good builds but now whoever pays the most gets the strongest leviathan and wins. If you want to make more difficult you can find other ways. Noone is against a mode with strong competition and great skill. Clan Wars is not that mode with the leviathans.

• Confused 1

Whoever came up with the idea to have CW with levi's, should not be eligible for the Nobel prize.   The setup is...... bad.   To say it short. It was a good attempt to come up with something new to clanwars, and I'm looking forward to your next attempt. But please never do this again, cause this is fail big time.

• Confused 1

I wanted to respond specifically about Leviathans in CW.

Leviathans in CW are very fun when the match is balanced and I think they add a very fun dynamic to the mode. That being said they MUST BE BALANCED to prevent the most elite of players from ruling CW even more than they already do.

I have two simple suggestions:

1) Limit the max power score of any entering Leviathans to something more reasonable. Something more people can achieve and something that doesn't completely leave the regular builds outclassed and without a shred of hope to stand against it. I suggest limiting it to 30k, 35k, or at most 40k if you follow this suggestion. Honestly 30k or 35k are the most reasonable options, 40k is still pretty damn elite mode only. But definitely need to keep out those 60k+ all relic builds, that's BS.

2) Limit the maximum amount of Relics and Legendary weapon energy that can contribute to your build. Like... no more than 20 energy worth of Relic and Legendary weapons allowed, the rest needs to be fills up with epics and below, etc.

Something like this would need to be implemented to keep things balanced within reason. But the big plus if you do balance the leviathans is that leviathans can allow weaker teams to compete more fairly against stronger teams (from my experience). A good play with your leviathan, or a well executed enemy leviathan take down can really swing a battle. Or even just clearing out enemy stragglers real fast and then getting down to 4 vs 2 and out numbering the enemy leviathan. There are so many scenarios that can play out and allow an otherwise weaker team to dominate with good strategy in this mode.