When you kill someone or die, it just shows:

[Name] <Weapon Icon> [Name]

If we are the victim can we see something like:

[Name] <Weapon Icon> [YourName]

<Weapon> did 213 damage to Fuel Tank
<Fuel Tank> explodes for 900 damage
<Gas Generator> Explodes for 1500 damage
Cabin destroyed

This will let player know when/how their builds are failing. If your fuel tank keeps exploding, for instance, maybe you will move it or put more structure around it. If you keep getting blown up straight at the cabin, maybe you will put more structure on your cabin and stop using bumpers.

Thanks.

• Upvote 9

Before they try to add this function, you can try reading the battle LOG.

you can find it at:

C:\Users\ [Your username] \Documents\My Games\Crossout\logs

click the Folder named the date of the battle you want to find, and the battle LOG is "Combat.log"

In the log you will find such thing:

00:38:55.406  CMBT   | Killed. Victim: KuRTuLuS01           killer: Robocraftman        
00:38:55.407  CMBT   |      assist by Robocraftman         weapon: 'CarPart_Gun_Shotgun_Frontal:WeaponHeatMax', 0.00 sec ago, damage: 2534.44 DMG_DIRECT|DMG_CAR_PART|DMG_HUD_IMPORTANT
00:38:55.407  CMBT   |      assist by Robocraftman         weapon: 'CarPart_Blade_rare', 0.10 sec ago, damage: 23.06 DMG_COLLISION|DMG_CAR_PART
00:38:55.407  CMBT   |      assist by Robocraftman         weapon: 'CarPart_BumperTrain2_epic', 4.67 sec ago, damage: 1.57 DMG_COLLISION|DMG_CAR_PART
00:38:55.407  CMBT   |      assist by KuRTuLuS01           weapon: 'CarPart_AutoGuidedCourseGun_rare', 4.17 sec ago, damage: 11.13 DMG_BLAST|DMG_HUD_IMPORTANT

you can check every damage dealed to a destroyed player, with all the detailed information you need.

22 hours ago, dukerustfield said:

I can also drive out to the country, go to a farm, milk a cow. Or just buy some milk from the store.

Lmao, exactly. I would love a "live battle log" feature somewhere on the screen to replace the current ultra basic system, its just too simplistic and knowing what killed me or my friendlies and how would help a ton.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think that War Thunder hit movie would be a great inspiration.

You see how the rocket hits your vehicle in slow motion, how its detonation graces the gas generator, followed by the gas generators explosion (with radius displaying) followed by your demise.

Maybe add a killcam like in WT?

It's always nice too see how you got obliterated :002j:

Edited by NaggNogger

Explosive components may be told to the player the moment they are destroyed, for example:

+56 Demolition x4
+100 Sector capture
Heavy generator ruptured
+91 Elimination
Fuel tank ruptured

It doesn't help that generators and fuel tanks explode rather quietly. Shouldn't they also have more-visible explosion effects?

Edited by ComradeTiki
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, ComradeTiki said:

It doesn't help that generators and fuel tanks explode rather quietly. Shouldn't they also have more-visible explosion effects?

Yes please. It just seems to be an instant throw away of parts instead of a glorious fireball...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2