D_Dastardly

Alternative aftermarket parts

Aftermarket parts for our cars. Same fashion as the engeneers 'torino' and the 'law of the wasteland' or what ever. Rear and end bumpers, hoods, fenders lights the works. Currently every vehicle looks like an armored cube or a tube with a train plow sticking from their a** and front. Including myself. Also, blue and purple vanity skins for cabins, wheels, and structural melee weapons, blows, spikes, knives the sorts. It been already addressed under many topics that most of the more successful F2P games thrive on vanity items. It's an old topic I know, I'm just spamming the devs...

Edited by D_Dastardly
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

More Skins are on the way to the game, we have only to wait till they are implemented.

11 hours ago, Cpt_Nero said:

More Skins are on the way to the game, we have only to wait till they are implemented.

Yeah, cool.

So what did you think about the aftermarket idea? I know you're probably already working on something along those lines, but to be more specific I was thinking of being able to buy 'blue' and 'purple' aftermarket parts to make armored vehicles more personalized. I.e. the idea of driving around with a 'purple' roided up hummer front that has the same parameters as the 'white' train plow (except a +3 exp boost). Or to be able to slap on blue extended fenders that have the equal characteristics to the 'white torino fender' (except +2 exp boost). Think, Lego©. They started off simple, but now there's all kinds crazy sh*t from death stars to hot wheels. The also have a bunch of quality Playstation games and might jump on your idea, so start smiting while the iron is still hot... No wait, that's cold already. While the window of opportunity is still open!

I'm talking about fusing 'white' structural parts with 'blue' and 'purple' vanity items to create truly characterized custom vehicles. Heck, create 'Mad Max' structural vanity packs to boost your exp. This will of course require you to work on a tighter schedule to actually provide content as people are gaining more exp. maxing out every level, but most of the top tier players are just sitting on their big piles of coin waiting for the market to drop anyway. Spending more time pitching ideas to you guys than playing the game, really. Last time I played 15min after the day reset and gained ~25,000/60.000. After the 'rested' bonus caps out I cease to actively grind for exp anyway. 

Drat, double drat!

Sucks that I can't edit these as it's 'pending approval' but if a moron with a free paint soft can doodle half decent scetch up in few hours a whole team of devs shouldn't be so tied doodling these on their free time. I'll pitch in five, how bout dah? You, ladies and gentlemen can figure out how to produce the rest. Go ask that artistic chick who's into furries if she want's to pitch in too? Knock a few down.

Well since you do are quite on the topic i guess i find it honest to give you little bit more "detailed" answer about the subject.

At current moment we do have weapon skins that are separated to each grade.

Structure skins while would be very demanded, will require the biggest amount of work required to actually re-design the overall parts to fit the desired theme [for example, having ability to reskin every structure into steppenwolves faction]

There also have been some tests done about making structure "vanity as you call it" give out more experience but at the moment, this is not yet possible to add up.

The main reason of this not going live yet is that there are more "core" factions to come and having to re-edit the skins again just to add up another faction would be simply a waste of time.

Also a reason that your topic is still pending is that it has been saved for later use once we get on the correct road to get it rolling with us.

Please understand, that while suggestion is good, it is not possible to implement, YET.

• Like 3

Yeah, I realized how much work it would actually take to render everything in 3d.

But what about 'blue' and 'purple' 2d decals? Took me the better half of the day to make this, but it would still be totally doable in a reasonable time frame, right?

Planning to ask the forum if they like the idea. Please don't shoot it down. ;)

custom_decals_grimmjaw.thumb.png.889e29b

• Upvote 4

I mean, I don't presume to know a whole lot about 2d rendering but I do know that one of the main ingredients are high quality images, such as this one and I could totally freelance ~ a dozen more. Soo, just throwing it out there...

18 hours ago, D_Dastardly said:

Yeah, I realized how much work it would actually take to render everything in 3d.

But what about 'blue' and 'purple' 2d decals? Took me the better half of the day to make this, but it would still be totally doable in a reasonable time frame, right?

Planning to ask the forum if they like the idea. Please don't shoot it down. ;)

custom_decals_grimmjaw.thumb.png.889e29b

Thats actually really Cool :) 

I think this can be done over time...i would love to see more designs from you...devs at the least can use for inspiration and expand to other items over time.

maybe a thread in another section for all players to add designs they want to see is a good idea? and all in on place for viewing 

6 hours ago, AntideathX said:

Thats actually really Cool :) 

I think this can be done over time...i would love to see more designs from you...devs at the least can use for inspiration and expand to other items over time.

maybe a thread in another section for all players to add designs they want to see is a good idea? and all in on place for viewing 

Thanks, dude!

Here's one I just finished. I was thinking the same thing that it would be cool if you could place the decal at any place on your vehicle much like in 'Need for Speed' games. I'm just using the 'small plow' as a reference to present my idea. 'Use for inspiration' is just a round about way to say that I would't get credit for my work. And if I you want to see me knock down a dozen of these, I want recognition for my work. After all, it take 6+ hours to draw one and my index finger is getting blisters. :)

So, without further ado, 'The desert Viper'

custom_decals_desert_viper.png

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, D_Dastardly said:

Thanks, dude!

Here's one I just finished. I was thinking the same thing that it would be cool if you could place the decal at any place on your vehicle much like in 'Need for Speed' games. I'm just using the 'small plow' as a reference to present my idea. 'Use for inspiration' is just a round about way to say that I would't get credit for my work. And if I you want to see me knock down a dozen of these, I want recognition for my work. After all, it take 6+ hours to draw one and my index finger is getting blisters. :)

So, without further ado, 'The desert Viper'

custom_decals_desert_viper.png

WOW! HISSSS!
super art!  impressed! 

i want a black cat plow arts! hehe blades for claws!

take yiur time as this "customization" is not something right away but wow ! should be looked at and gathered these cool ideas for when ready,!
For parts Lie the PLOW i think COULD be sooner as they are SO visible..AND are technically a weapon!!

Opening for the sake of ART! players can add there thoughts or contribute or drool over what D dastardly has been doing!

i would want this skin :) and it IS a weapon technically!

Cheers, dude! I'll get to the claws after this.

I got a crazy follow up idea for the 'viper' and wanted to ask if you guys could render the new 'alligator' scale skin to match the decal. But, I know. You're busy.

So, today I fuc*ed up royal wasting the whole day attempting to do it myself. It's a good draft but just too much for me at the moment. I need someone better to take a crack at the 'snakehide'. They would look so sick on a standard 'nomad' vehicle!

Build a mini event around it like 'Viper rider' or 'The mad adder' where you can win both the 'viper' decor and the 'snekehide' scale skin. :D

adder 2väri.png

adder.png

Those plow skins are excellent. 

+1

Its cool to hear that there are more core factions on the way and that more cosmetic items are in the pipeline.  I need some racing stripes and some STICKAS.

Decals that work like putting those decor signs on your car would be kind of cool. Select your decal, move it over a spot and apply it, and have it layer over any paintable surface. You could have tons of them, of varying rarity. Just make them count as a part like any other and grant the usual XP bonus like other decor items.

@D_Dastardly

Did you edit the textures for the items or did you just photoshop the images?

Either way, They look really nice, keep it up :)

31 minutes ago, Ashdebruin_99 said:

@D_Dastardly

Did you edit the textures for the items or did you just photoshop the images?

Either way, They look really nice, keep it up :)

Thank you. I used krita to edit the screenshots. It kinda conveys the vision better.

• Upvote 1

Came from the PS4 thread, love all the designs you've made, I really wish there was a better way to have vanity items such as you have suggested fusing decors into parts. 

Hope the devs take these ideas from you some day! Keep up the designs they look amazing :002j:

wow haven,t seen this topic before, really nice! Stickers from the new faction are cool as well!

Could we have a sticker that was just an editable font?  Something like a plain colour or dye brush/stencil script so we can pop our own slogans on our vehicle?

Or have the font display our player nick and the co-driver names?

Being able to use a graffiti font on our vehicles would also be really cool! (Isotope green will be fashionable again!)

(And, yes, all text would have to parse through a spell check for obscenity.)

Just a suggestion while the topic is open.

regards,

Stoopid_noob. :)

Edited by Stoopid_noob
added stencil font

5 hours ago, Stoopid_noob said:

Could we have a sticker that was just an editable font?  Something like a plain colour or dye brush/stencil script so we can pop our own slogans on our vehicle?

Or have the font display our player nick and the co-driver names?

Being able to use a graffiti font on our vehicles would also be really cool! (Isotope green will be fashionable again!)

(And, yes, all text would have to parse through a spell check for obscenity.)

Just a suggestion while the topic is open.

regards,

Stoopid_noob. :)

I can see that one being abused.. remember it's not just parsing the sticker it's considering all the ways you can overlap, resize and rotate combinations of any two stickers.

Because all the players are such nice, welcoming and above all non-judgemental and non-racist people..

99lktj.jpg

99rnm.jpg

Edited by Guest

Those designs are killing it! Nice job!

@Woodyrojo @BjKalderon, this dude already made the designs, give him those stickers and put the rest on the market for the rest of us! :DD