UrielManX7

Hard raids too hard, easy raids too easy

I'm sure this is well known by now, but the raids still need some balance.

Easy raids should have an upper PS limit, so you can't go in with a 10k monster and steam roll everything; limit  a bit how powerful you can get so they can still be easy but fun and challenging since everybody still do them regardless of lv (hey, it's free scrap= free moneyz).

Hard raids on the other hand, are way out of hand, there´s no way a party of 4, 4kPS can beat those, the minimum requirement should be like 7k, or just nerf the damn thing. Right now you have to make a group before hand, otherwise you risk getting paired with 4ks and basically insta lost, which means good bye your hard earned 100 oil.

Defense ones are too easy to fail because the pumps have the same hp in all difficulties, so they get destroy very fast, add to that that the rng screws you half the time (it spawns you too far away) so by the time you get there the pump has like 50 hp left, the number required to protect should be lowered. 

Cargo race ones are too tight (that's what she said), you barely have time to get to the next cargo, and unless you can 1-2 shoot raiders, you can't bother destroying them, but if you ignore them, they shred you like nobody's business because you're a sitting duck each time you stop to pick a cargo, destroying raiders should give more time.

Convoy and destroying the pumps one, I haven't even dare to try.

The heist is the only one that feels fair imo.

Speaking of oil, the stages of the season are a bit too ridiculous, it's 6 PvE, 2 PvP, with the PvE requirements way too difficult, the ones that requires you to kil X amount of raiders can never be done in a single raid, and it can take up to 4 if you're really unlucky, not to mention the "win X battles" requires too much oil, the current one has a 21 win battle requirement, and 2 kill X raiders, so, 21 wins means ideally, 7 days worth of oil, that's already half the season lasts, and the remaining 2 'kill X raiders' can take another 3 days, along with the easy and normal seasons, there's no way you can do all 3 without farming/buying oil like crazy, I think the farming/buying oil should be needed for when you failed too much and are running out of time to complete the seasons, not a must do just to barely make it.

By now some ppl might be thinking "well, hard raids are meant to be end game, you need a 10k build bla, bla, bla; if that's the case, then why the hell is the requirement 4kPS? (well, we all know, it's just a trap so you get in, lose oil and are forced to buy coins to buy more oil, etc, etc). Point is, this needs rebalance ASAP. 

• Upvote 3

Hello UrielManX7,

Let me provide you with my personal experience on the raids. I wont be talking about the easy raids which are obviously too easy and for someone with higher power score, they are just not worthy as the rewards are low. On the other hand Im surprised that you are afraid of the Siege and Convoy raids because those are the easiest for me. I can provide you with some tips if you'd like but lets stick to the point. One thing that is for sure is to always have your own group with reliable people if you want to succeed in the hard difficulty raids. Another important MUST is to alter your vehicle accordingly to the raid. Its quite logical that some builds might work in Cargo race but are useless in Siege or Defence.

The seasonal missions I believe are selected randomly, so sometimes you might have more PvP based tasks and vice versa.

Regarding the oil issues, you still actually make a profit if you purchase for example 1000 oil and use it to complete 10 Hard raids = approximately 400 copper. Copper still sells pretty well or you can use it to craft and sell items. You should have at least a small profit to be able to purchase another batch of oil. 

You indeed are right tho, that Hard Raids are considered somewhat an ''End Game Content''. I don't know what your levels and powerscores are but try not to rush the game, you are missing alot of fun and experience.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, UrielManX7 said:

there´s no way a party of 4, 4kPS can beat those, the minimum requirement should be like 7k

Hard raids should have more like 5-6k minimum PS requirement, he is right about that @Mraevn. Example if player go with 7k build to do hard raid and get matched with 4k people there is a high chance he will fail since most of his group have too low PS.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the replies, feels good to know at someone is listening.

The reason why I haven't tried convoy race (again) and siege is for the fear of wasting am attempt, and also because on convoy you need the combo of having high enough dmg to destroy the raiders quickly and your party to be more or like the same as you. Of all the hard raids, heist is the one I've won more consistently, now, I will admit, I'm nowhere near end game lvl, as I just bought my second purple (thunderbolt), and because of that, I can't get my PS above 6k so I can't find groups. Besides, I've completed the hard season before, that and the fact the minimum is 4kPS leads me to believe it can be done on my current state; btw, I did the calculations on the previous batch, and it is still impossible to complete all 2 seasons with only the oil you get from the game, so even if the stages are random, I still think they nede some balance, as I said, I don't think farming oil should be mandatory, but optional.

On 15.8.2017 at 7:47 PM, UrielManX7 said:

Easy raids should have an upper PS limit, so you can't go in with a 10k monster and steam roll everything; limit  a bit how powerful you can get so they can still be easy but fun and challenging since everybody still do them regardless of lv (hey, it's free scrap= free moneyz).

I disagree.

1. Quite some people bring in really small and modest vehicles into the raid. Not having an higher PS team mate to save the day can lead to serious defeat which is a loss for everyone. I started in OBT and my first raiding experience was so bad that I shunned the mode for a month or so before trying again.
  2. Easy raids are a nice way to show off your art vehicle without to much negativly affecting your teammates.
  3. Easy raids are relaxing to do, especially when it is late and you arent at 100 % combat efficiency anymore.
  4. Easy raids are generally the most fuel efficient way to do the daily missions with
  5. Easy raids are still mostly doable even with an unsuited vehicle (like dual cannon builds). At only 4 Blueprints and the Exhibition, I really dont feel any mood of manually redesigning my vehicle every other day just for a raid.
  6. Speaking of unsuited vehicles, easy raids are something I can do with my cannon build, avoiding the costly investment into several new blue or even purple weapon just for this mode. Yes, of course, it is more long term profitable to do normal and hard raids, but in the meantime, why not letting me play arround and help some pretty modest newbie vehicles.
  7. Easy raids are something you can do with your newbie friend. Where for PVP you need to drastically reduce your PS (did I mention the blueprint limit?) I can just take my favourite build and do a raid with him.

Now, the real issues raids have imho:

• Disparity of intended to real difficulty. Some normal raids are easier doable then a different raid type on easy. I even did one Oil Rig destroying mission on hard with my cannon build and won.
  • Minimum PS for normal and hard raids is to low.
  • Raids costing 100 fuel have a relative poor risk to reward ratio. It is often more profitable doing 40 fuel runs instead and while you will technically earn less, the reduced probability of getting a defeat especially with random teams might very well compensate that.
  • Longer Raids have a very poor XP/minute ratio.

18 hours ago, Fenivan said:

Hard raids should have more like 5-6k minimum PS requirement, he is right about that @Mraevn. Example if player go with 7k build to do hard raid and get matched with 4k people there is a high chance he will fail since most of his group have too low PS.

That's why I said that you should always have your own group with skilled players to ensure a success.

I agree on limiting the maximum PS allowed on easy and normal raids. At the moment easy raids are just no match for a team of 6 players where normally at least 2 or 3 are above 5000 PS.

Siege missions on hard has three problems for me : 1:Random spawn of pumpjack , some of them are spawn so far away you lose in first 30 seconds , 2:Bots with auto canons and rail guns with high spawn rate is actually really disturbing... 3: For a solo player its really hard risk , Ps requirement is too low , i hate too see full drone builds or under 6k ps builds in hard game modes, if you have more than 2 under 6000 ps player in your team count it a as loss because it becomes a loss at 90 percent of  all the time...+ UrielManX7 isn't it THAT games maker ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by berkayxj8

Hard raids are too easy, you can almost solo most of it at 10k.

They should make hard raid slightly easier so its not such a big jump from medium but add a new type of raid as an end game one call it extreme or whatever

2 hours ago, arknor said:

Hard raids are too easy, you can almost solo most of it at 10k.

They should make hard raid slightly easier so its not such a big jump from medium but add a new type of raid as an end game one call it extreme or whatever

ahah yeah right mister cocky. Try to defend your pump jack alone, it will die within the first 30 sec even at 10 k.

heist you can solo for sure.
destroy the pumpjacks is easy with crickets and possibly duo able if not solo
cargo race can mostly solo with stealth and drones
convoy could probably duo with reapers or reaper and drones
defend the pump jack is slightly harder but far too easy for end game players

you can carry low ps in almost all of them

6 hours ago, arknor said:

heist you can solo for sure.
destroy the pumpjacks is easy with crickets and possibly duo able if not solo
cargo race can mostly solo with stealth and drones
convoy could probably duo with reapers or reaper and drones
defend the pump jack is slightly harder but far too easy for end game players

you can carry low ps in almost all of them

Or just go drones and that's it, you'll always win with drones.

/Sarcasm

Problem with raids is that the difficulty is only set via AI weaponry, not by AI difficulty.

Give an AI an Spectre-2 and another one a Caucasus; since both guns do kind of the same damage one or another may win but only on a slight difference.

Both AIs know where to shoot. The cabin.

Both AIs know when to shoot. At first sight and when the bullet WILL hit.

Both AIs don't have any drawbacks at all, they don't have a hold-fire period determined by difficulty, like the old Counter-Strike I.6 had back in the days.

Maybe the problem ain't the vehicles the AI uses.

Maybe the problem ain't the guns the AI uses.

The problem is that difficulty is capped by the AI intelligence, which in comparison with the vehicles AND the guns, make it harder than the other difficulties.

I don't see why hard raids are still at 4000 PS requirment. Every post has been valid up to this point. Please fix this. 7000 should be the minimum requirement, this should not even be up for debate. Just wasted 100 fuel, as I had no way of knowing how my 6000 build would fare. I was destroyed almost instantly by the first small batch of enemies that were way overpowered. I like a good challenge, but I also like knowing what I'm walking into. As for the moderator that wants us to find a group, does he know how difficult it can be to find a good group of people to play with online. People are rarely friendly in this game, most of the time my allies hinder the game more than my enemies. I have people who drive me off of cliffs, or ram me right before I shoot my cannons.

• Upvote 1

Hard raids are super easy except Convey and Chase, do other raids except these two.

23 hours ago, Robocraftman said:

Hard raids are super easy except Convey and Chase, do other raids except these two.

Convoy is easy as long as it is Dead Highway. If it is eastern array it is a b*tch to complete.

I completely agree with author. Ppl who starts game and can only go for easy raid dont have even chance to get kills, when there is a guy or couple of guys with 4 shotgun/4 minigun builds... There should upper limit definitely!  Hard raids are also too hard, especially when u fight against lunatics. Those thunderbolts just destroys you in a moment...

I agree, raids can have some differences depend of how average PS our team has... Difference number of enemies or less toughness of enemies can be more fair. Also if your team is picked up from +- 5k PS then enemies in hard raid dont use epic weapons.

Or selection of raids can look like: 

1. easy - Small number of enemies with normal weapon.
  2. medium - More enemies with normal weapons.
  3. hard - The average number of enemies with rare waepons.
  4. very hard - The average number of enemies with epic weapons.
  5. invasion

Chase raid i try few times but win only once with +- 9k PS players, we all once died and we won few meters before the end of map. Its like very hard difficulty...