ROACHOR

Replace mini heavy weight perk

It's a completely useless addition to a cab that can't be used endgame. 

I suggest replacing it with "self destruct takes 2 seconds less". 

• Upvote 2

Suggestion approved and sent to the devs.

• Upvote 1

Or give a huge buff to the perk, either would work very well.

As someone who's planning on one day do a SHA fun-build, extra tonnage or a shorter fuse would make it much more powerful.

i dont think it needs a change. its on par with some of the other perks like "cabin radar radius +5%", "cabin tonnage and maximum mass +500kg" and "max trucker speed +5 km/h".

500kg is a ~20% tonnage increase for the growl, not too bad imho. 

22 hours ago, ROACHOR said:

a cab that can't be used endgame

u havent seen much "endgame" i guess.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Fantse_Rishea said:

Or give a huge buff to the perk, either would work very well.

As someone who's planning on one day do a SHA fun-build, extra tonnage or a shorter fuse would make it much more powerful.

Extra tonnage on a cab that can't be used end game is a total waste, 500 is barely noticeable. Growl is useless outside of racing. 

I see them occasionally,  then they explode.

Edited by ROACHOR

We must not be playing the same game. 

And before complaining about what is and is not useful in the 'end game', how about even giving players a reason to reach the 'end game'?

• Like 2

The Growl is an excellent cabin, and the increase in tonnage is a good perk as long as it works correctly after a light engine has been fitted for 1000kg increase.

If you feel it's not useful endgame then why suggest taking away a perk that makes it useful anywhere else? If you don't like it, don't use it. I also believe there is a perk already concerning self destruct, increased damage or blast radius, can't remember off the top of my head, but it's one of those.

• Like 1

You literally cannot put enough weight on a growl that it is worth using. You lose the speed bonus unless you run no armor and have less firepower than everyone else due to 9 energy. If you want to be fast and squishy that's what wyvern is for. Growl is the lowest level blue cab in the game unless you run whites it is not an upgrade. You will never see one in clan wars.

16 minutes ago, ROACHOR said:

You literally cannot put enough weight on a growl that it is worth using. You lose the speed bonus unless you run no armor and have less firepower than everyone else due to 9 energy. If you want to be fast and squishy that's what wyvern is for. Growl is the lowest level blue cab in the game unless you run whites it is not an upgrade. You will never see one in clan wars.

It's meant to be light and fast, as per Lunatic back story. I run a good melee build based on the Growl, it has speed and armour. Haz Gen is light, small, and takes you to 11 energy if needed. The Growl is the lowest level blue cab, probably for a reason.

These are all your personal dislikes of the Growl, you suggest changing the perks for it to suit your needs, are you the only player in the game?

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, ThrowingTracks said:

It's meant to be light and fast, as per Lunatic back story. I run a good melee build based on the Growl, it has speed and armour. Haz Gen is light, small, and takes you to 11 energy if needed. The Growl is the lowest level blue cab, probably for a reason.

These are all your personal dislikes of the Growl, you suggest changing the perks for it to suit your needs, are you the only player in the game?

What ps do you play at?

Should all lunatic drivers who don't use the growl(the vast majority) get a useless perk? My option has a universal use.

Growl isn't used beyond 5k

The PS I play at is irrelevant.

Looking at this thread you seem to be a majority of 1.

The Growl is used beyond 5k, I often see them at 6k and above.

You seem to say that you don't use the Growl yet you want to make a change to the Perk, your option has a use to blow yourself up quicker, maybe you need to heed your own words :004_2:

You seem to be playing a different game to me.

btw - The perk is only for the Growl Cabin with the correct driver in place, it is by no means "universal".

Edited by ThrowingTracks
  • Upvote 3

I agree that the perk is a waste and could be replaced with something much better and actually worth getting.

if you need the extra 500 mass on top of engines, then you are better off changing cabin (not many to choose from though).

In my opinion, the game just needs more cabin options and perks that give bonus to cabin "categories" rather than a single cabin.

Edited by R4Ging
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, ThrowingTracks said:

The PS I play at is irrelevant.

Looking at this thread you seem to be a majority of 1.

The Growl is used beyond 5k, I often see them at 6k and above.

You seem to say that you don't use the Growl yet you want to make a change to the Perk, your option has a use to blow yourself up quicker, maybe you need to heed your own words :004_2:

You seem to be playing a different game to me.

btw - The perk is only for the Growl Cabin with the correct driver in place, it is by no means "universal".

Ashamed to tell me eh? I know you are a mid range player because you clearly never went higher than 5k with these fantasies. 

No **** not equipping a driver doesn't get you perks, universal as in everyone can self destruct. Not everyone uses the growl. Wyvern is the end game speed cab, growl is 1/3 as good as any other blue.

30 minutes ago, ROACHOR said:

Wyvern is the end game speed cab, growl is 1/3 as good as any other blue.

I'm not sure about that, I've used the growler & wyvern cabin in my melee builds. I still prefer the growler cabin, I've fused 3 and got the 10% mass increase. I am currently have a harvester, 6 lancelots, powerful radar-detector, chameleon mk2 and a light engine equipped and I'm can still reach max speed with about 75% of the acceleration bar filled. 

I'm currently grinding the mini heavy weight perk. Really looking forward for it.

Spoiler

50b8b4aa04246f0ebc676d8d6087a780.jpg

Edited by Anown
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ROACHOR said:

Ashamed to tell me eh? I know you are a mid range player because you clearly never went higher than 5k with these fantasies. 

No **** not equipping a driver doesn't get you perks, universal as in everyone can self destruct. Not everyone uses the growl. Wyvern is the end game speed cab, growl is 1/3 as good as any other blue.

Don't you get it? The perk is only available IF you are in a Growl Cabin. If you are in a Wyvern, or any other Cabin, irrelevant to the fact that you have the "Bulldog" driver in place the perk will not work. The Fact that the "Bulldog" driver and Perks are specifically aimed at the Lunatic Faction that uses the Growl seems to have missed you.

This is why it seems odd that you suggest to remove an extremely useful perk to one which is ...meh and completely disregard that the perk is faction specific, vehicle specific and that a self destruct perk already exists for the Bulldog driver.

Face it, It's not a good suggestion, how it got through is beyond me.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ThrowingTracks said:

Don't you get it? The perk is only available IF you are in a Growl Cabin. If you are in a Wyvern, or any other Cabin, irrelevant to the fact that you have the "Bulldog" driver in place the perk will not work. The Fact that the "Bulldog" driver and Perks are specifically aimed at the Lunatic Faction that uses the Growl seems to have missed you.

This is why it seems odd that you suggest to remove an extremely useful perk to one which is ...meh and completely disregard that the perk is faction specific, vehicle specific and that a self destruct perk already exists for the Bulldog driver.

Face it, It's not a good suggestion, how it got through is beyond me.

lol are you illiterate or just an idiot? That it only applies to the growl is the problem. It's a tiny insignificant upgrade to a useless car.

1 last time.

It's Faction Specific.  This is why it only applies to the Growl. You see, the Growl belongs to the Lunatic Faction, the Bulldog Co-Driver belongs to the Lunatic Faction, are you sensing a theme here? To have it apply to any other non Lunatic cabin would make a farce of all the other Faction Specific Co-Drivers and their Faction Cabins/Perks.

I will leave the question of illiteracy or idiocy to others.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, ThrowingTracks said:

1 last time.

It's Faction Specific.  This is why it only applies to the Growl. You see, the Growl belongs to the Lunatic Faction, the Bulldog Co-Driver belongs to the Lunatic Faction, are you sensing a theme here? To have it apply to any other non Lunatic cabin would make a farce of all the other Faction Specific Co-Drivers and their Faction Cabins/Perks.

I will leave the question of illiteracy or idiocy to others.

I want it replaced not applied to other vehicles. You can apparently read the words but not understand them.

To those of us who like the lunatic faction, we know that this is very useful, maybe not for you, because you do not know how to adapt it to your style of play.
Grawl has little energy (9 points) and in case of approval your post (hopefully not taken into account) would have little damage as shielding.
I do not agree with your post.

PD: google translator

1 hour ago, Beasttrock said:

To those of us who like the lunatic faction, we know that this is very useful, maybe not for you, because you do not know how to adapt it to your style of play.
Grawl has little energy (9 points) and in case of approval your post (hopefully not taken into account) would have little damage as shielding.
I do not agree with your post.

PD: google translator

My style of play is what is effective, growl is worthless.

6 hours ago, ROACHOR said:

My style of play is what is effective, growl is worthless.

Your suggestion fits in the backstory of the lunatics but I'd honestly have some extra armor for instance than go suicide in the first minute and spectating your teammates for the rest of the match. The 500kg extra mass is just so much more useful compared to the "self destruct takes 2 seconds less" since you can actually make use of it the entire match.

• Upvote 3