ROACHOR

Replace mini heavy weight perk

Don't feed the troll folk's. It's all about him and how this particular perk is no good to him in his Jawbreaker/SG/Wedge combo. However a quicker self destruct that encompasses any vehicle is far more useful to him when he charges in.

Lame idea from a meta gamer.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ThrowingTracks said:

Don't feed the troll folk's. It's all about him and how this particular perk is no good to him in his Jawbreaker/SG/Wedge combo. However a quicker self destruct that encompasses any vehicle is far more useful to him when he charges in.

Lame idea from a meta gamer.

I've posted my build many times, I don't use a shotgun wedge. I just can't believe anyone is resisting this. 500lbs is nothing, even if it was to every vehicle it would still be a bad perk.

No one who plays this game seriously uses the growl, we only get 3 perks and they are all pretty negligible in the first place.

Slightly larger suicide radius? By what a foot?

useless growl perk that hss no use endgame

5% shotgun range. Once again a tiny buff to an already super low number.

Only thing good about him is the passives minus that last one for dumbfire rockets.

Hello, ROACHOR! Thank you for your suggestion, we'll consider it during possible updates of co-drivers' perks. We're still monitoring this mechanic and looking for perks that have to be replaced with something else.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I like the perk as it is. I like to play at multiple PS. I make use of many cabs including Growl . I like maneuverability. The Tonnage bonus helps for Races too where the Growl cab is the top choice.

With the new quantum cabin and DC update the growl is kinda phased out with the apollo you can 15 enegy as much of a humpback with a gas generator. It's faster and D.C. Weapons get a damage buff for not taking damage. And the +500 weight second tier purchase for jade just like lunatics co-driver. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, XB1_A_Wild_Kush said:

With the new quantum cabin and DC update the growl is kinda phased out with the apollo you can 15 enegy as much of a humpback with a gas generator. It's faster and D.C. Weapons get a damage buff for not taking damage. And the +500 weight second tier purchase for jade just like lunatics co-driver. 

For higher level builds no argument. The game is not all about high PS builds though. The Growl is a faster cabin still I believe. Quantum is more a u/g to the Wyvern.....

On 8/18/2017 at 9:17 AM, ROACHOR said:

Ashamed to tell me eh? I know you are a mid range player because you clearly never went higher than 5k with these fantasies. 

No **** not equipping a driver doesn't get you perks, universal as in everyone can self destruct. Not everyone uses the growl. Wyvern is the end game speed cab, growl is 1/3 as good as any other blue.

I believe the quantum is the end game speed cab

1 hour ago, Hazmat616 said:

I believe the quantum is the end game speed cab

It is now.

To my original point; bulldog is mostly shotgun perks, people don't use the growl with a shotgun.

Edited by ROACHOR

21 minutes ago, ROACHOR said:

It is now.

To my original point; bulldog is mostly shotgun perks, people don't use the growl with a shotgun.

I do, and with great success. It's not a SG only build. Packs a vector, defender, sledgehammer, and will circle enemies faster than many guns turn. Very capable of getting 4-5 kills in a match, and winning a game from being last man standing with 3-4 enemies left (assuming they don't all gang up at once). Runs a Growl Heavy Lifting cab for extra tonnage too. 4.5k build. Great for casual PvP and Easy - Normal Raids.

10 minutes ago, kid_neru said:

I do, and with great success. It's not a SG only build. Packs a vector, defender, sledgehammer, and will circle enemies faster than many guns turn. Very capable of getting 4-5 kills in a match, and winning a game from being last man standing with 3-4 enemies left (assuming they don't all gang up at once). Runs a Growl Heavy Lifting cab for extra tonnage too. 4.5k build. Great for casual PvP and Easy - Normal Raids.

You can't balance a game on twink builds, 4.5k is less than half of an endgame power score. 

1 hour ago, ROACHOR said:

You can't balance a game on twink builds, 4.5k is less than half of an endgame power score. 

No, of course it is not an endgame build, and I would never suggest balancing the whole game on 4.5k PS. Same as I don't think everything should be 'balanced' on the basis of seal clubbing, nor do I think the only thing that counts is 10k+. How is favouring any one part of the scale balancing the whole game?

Furthermore how is not having a 2 sec shorter self destruct causing a lack of balance anywhere?

Look at the drivers - don't see many instances where anyone is benefitting from all perks;

Master Jack - would need to run MG, SG and Cannon and no radar

Bulldog - SG, Melee, Unguided rockets, Growl

Perseus - MG, AC, Miniguns and Airborne drones

Stone Deaf - Cannons, Turrets, Trucker cab

Hans - MG or SG or Cannon or Minigun + rads + Coolers + sidekicks + caucasus + homing + TOW

Jade - Energy weaps. DC cabs, personal shield, turret shield, turrets, drones

You take what fits best. As has been pointed out the drivers reflect the factions not a particular build or PS segments. 

If you really want your perk then swap out the increased SD explosion damage for reduced SD timer perhaps?  

Of course this all depends how you define "end game", which variously seems to be alluding to clan wars and high PS PvP.  Neither of which may be appealing to some players.

As a casual player, to me end game is the point I get bored grinding for something different to what I currently have or have tried already.  As such all cabins, weapons, etc. have an end game role.

I dont really undertand to this drivers, how it work...

When i look at this perks, 50% from them i dont use and i always choose driver only depend on the weapon i use, other is irrelevant for me.

I think why they cant work more like talent points that we can choose and build to our vehicle? Every different driver can be for different situation like, one for fast rush and burst, second for defend, other for sniping, and all this drivers can have perks on weapons and things they are used in this situation... for example.

4 hours ago, SVKsuli said:

I dont really undertand to this drivers, how it work...

When i look at this perks, 50% from them i dont use and i always choose driver only depend on the weapon i use, other is irrelevant for me.

I think why they cant work more like talent points that we can choose and build to our vehicle? Every different driver can be for different situation like, one for fast rush and burst, second for defend, other for sniping, and all this drivers can have perks on weapons and things they are used in this situation... for example.

I do think it would be good if they had more Drivers.

The current Drivers seem ok generally as representations of their factions, however it might be nice to have a couple of options per factions with different focuses.

Perhaps also instead of faction based Drivers, there could be some more independent 'mercenary' type Drivers that pull in some perks that sit across factions - then you may be able to tailor them more to specific approaches - such as those you outline - Sniping, Defensive etc.

I also think that some customisation could be considered, where perhaps you could pick from a couple of options for your Driver at various skill levels rather than having a fixed perk.

As per the OP the Growl perk on Bulldog does not suit everyone even if it does suit the Driver and Lunatics faction - perhaps at levels 5, 10 & 15 there could be 2-3 perks that could be selected from.

I love the growl and the extra 500kg is a vital bonus to me. Demanding that something is removed just because you personally have no use for while others do is a bad argument.

Besides, two seconds fewer to the suicide timer sounds pretty OP. I would love such a perk but only with the +500kg tonnage staying in some way or another. You could replace the last "Long Hands" perk instead. Let shotguns be close range weapons.