BjKalderon

Possible spears balance tweaks

Recommended Posts

I'd say to lower the powerscore of spears. I am really having fun with it, especially in combination with boosters and joker's laugh. But 185 PS per piece is bit too much... Lower powerscore would give better chance... not much... 150 could be enough... 

  • Confused 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well yeah the cloak plays a major part but i cant see a way to really eliminate the problem, make it 4 energy and you're still able to make a invis 12 lance build that one shots anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd prefer the idea of separating visual and radar stealth. 1 energy each to start with, may be adjusted later. Otherwise homing missiles on hovers would be even more annoying then now.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CalenLoki said:

I'd prefer the idea of separating visual and radar stealth. 1 energy each to start with, may be adjusted later. Otherwise homing missiles on hovers would be even more annoying then now.

I suggested a legendary radar for 2 energy that can detect cloaked vehicles but only on the map

will help people learn some map awareness

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MasteRof69 said:

I suggested a legendary radar for 2 energy that can detect cloaked vehicles but only on the map

will help people learn some map awareness

Wish Targem could add a skill device to help people like you to play without nobrain nonsense OP lances

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MasteRof69 said:

I suggested a legendary radar for 2 energy that can detect cloaked vehicles but only on the map

will help people learn some map awareness

2 energy legendary to soft-counter 1 energy rare? Sounds a bit... overpriced?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CalenLoki said:

2 energy legendary to soft-counter 1 energy rare? Sounds a bit... overpriced?

the step up from epic to legendary is overpriced in general

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have run some tests with fuel barrels as defensive option against lances.

 

It simple does not work... while the explosion may take out one additional spear it is entirely impossible to do any serious harm to the lance user and the difference between using basically 1000 PS of bomb armor and not using it is just one less lance surviving difference and as such is obviously not worth it.

 

All types of such weapons should deal damage to the user vehicle to reduce the spam of them. Right now it is pretty much the cheapest possible design.... engage cloak... drive straight into the enemy team.... get 4 kills in sub 10 seconds with no reasonable counter availalable.

 

While you could still spam spears then you would require a much wider vehicle with would be much easier to take out and harder to bring all the spears to bear.

 

Right now a very slim vehicle is quite capable of carrying enough instantkill firepower for 3 - 4 kills with bad aim.... good aim and 5- 6 is quite possible. Spears like other explosive things should also be triggered when taking fire.... seing the lances shrug of multiple hits and moving on killing the rest of your team is absurd.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ARES_IV said:

I have run some tests with fuel barrels as defensive option against lances.

 

It simple does not work... while the explosion may take out one additional spear it is entirely impossible to do any serious harm to the lance user and the difference between using basically 1000 PS of bomb armor and not using it is just one less lance surviving difference and as such is obviously not worth it.

 

All types of such weapons should deal damage to the user vehicle to reduce the spam of them. Right now it is pretty much the cheapest possible design.... engage cloak... drive straight into the enemy team.... get 4 kills in sub 10 seconds with no reasonable counter availalable.

 

While you could still spam spears then you would require a much wider vehicle with would be much easier to take out and harder to bring all the spears to bear.

 

Right now a very slim vehicle is quite capable of carrying enough instantkill firepower for 3 - 4 kills with bad aim.... good aim and 5- 6 is quite possible. Spears like other explosive things should also be triggered when taking fire.... seing the lances shrug of multiple hits and moving on killing the rest of your team is absurd.

 

Show me videos of lance builds getting 5-6 kilsl with only lances at high ps ... cause i don't believe that

3-4 kills is only possible at medium low ps and is rare also ... high ps its near impossible to kill 4 heavy armoured builds unless they already badly damaged

 

Edited by MasteRof69
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever, if you plays a bit the game, Lances are just too easy to use by its instant insane burst damages.

 

1)A lancer can easily get 1-2 kill while being vastly outnubered wich broke teamplay balance. Instant damage output is just to high, especially combined when with chameleon.

 

2)Lancelot PS is also terribly low: It's not hard to destroy a 10K+PS heavy build with a 6K PS lancelot one. 8-9K Lancelot CW regulary one shot meatbags and handicap/destroy a 2nd one solo.

 

Aside scorpions wich have the same problem: 100x harder to counter than to use, no other weapons have those abilities.

Edited by MMxiter
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MMxiter said:

Whatever, if you plays a bit the game, Lances are just too easy to use by its instant insane burst damages.

 

1)A lancer can easily get 1-2 kill while being vastly outnubered wich broke teamplay balance. Instant damage output is just to high, especially combined when with chameleon.

 

2)Lancelot PS is also terribly low: It's not hard to destroy a 10K+PS heavy build with a 6K PS lancelot one. 8-9K Lancelot CW regulary one shot meatbags and handicap/destroy a 2nd one solo.

 

Aside scorpions wich have the same problem: 100x harder to counter than to use, no other weapons have those abilities.

I've killed 3 people solo with lances/harvester multiple times and still lost many battles

i've killed 5 people going lone ranger with shotguns and still lost battles .. and no, not a lame shotgun wedge

1 person getting kills is not a guaranteed victory if the rest of the team does nothing

there's many easier ways to play this game ...  melee is definitely not the easiest

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by MasteRof69
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MasteRof69 said:

I've killed 3 people solo with lances/harvester multiple times and still lost many battles

i've killed 5 people going lone ranger with shotguns and still lost battles .. and no, not a lame shotgun wedge

1 person getting kills is not a guaranteed victory if the rest of the team does nothing

there's many easier ways to play this game ...  melee is definitely not the easiest

Mele definitely not since it take time to kill somebody, making you vulnerable from other teammates making it mostly great at duelling.

 

Lance is an other story since you can "rush" the group and get cheap kills.

Yes you can be with a bad team, but 1 guy killing solo in few seconds 2-3 full life opponents makes things much more easyer for the rest of the team and not possible for any other builds.

 

The reward/risk+skill is broken to to the massive damage(reward) and lack of efficient counterplay, even on groups (risk).

 

Sure you can solo shotgun/mele, but not against 6+ opponents and disarm/kill someone like you cando with lances.

 

It would be mor healthy for the game if damage would be reduce by 2/3-3/4 but lance could recharge after 300-500m,

This would require lance users to thing about how to engage, how a to disengage due to better couterplay, but would have more chance to deal overall more damage on decent hands thanks to lances reloading.

 

Rushing solo blindly against larger groups and getting rewarded for that is a bad mechanic.

Edited by MMxiter
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MasteRof69 said:

1 person getting kills is not a guaranteed victory if the rest of the team does nothing

But it helps. Immensivly.

4 hours ago, MasteRof69 said:

there's many easier ways to play this game ...  melee is definitely not the easiest

Except lances are.... especially when you compare required skill level to damage dealt.

 

1 hour ago, MMxiter said:

Rushing solo blindly against larger groups and getting rewarded for that is a bad mechanic.

QFT

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MMxiter said:

Mele definitely not since it take time to kill somebody, making you vulnerable from other teammates making it mostly great at duelling.

 

Lance is an other story since you can "rush" the group and get cheap kills.

Yes you can be with a bad team, but 1 guy killing solo in few seconds 2-3 full life opponents makes things much more easyer for the rest of the team and not possible for any other builds.

 

The reward/risk+skill is broken to to the massive damage(reward) and lack of efficient counterplay, even on groups (risk).

 

Sure you can solo shotgun/mele, but not against 6+ opponents and disarm/kill someone like you cando with lances.

 

It would be mor healthy for the game if damage would be reduce by 2/3-3/4 but lance could recharge after 300-500m,

This would require lance users to thing about how to engage, how a to disengage due to better couterplay, but would have more chance to deal overall more damage on decent hands thanks to lances reloading.

 

Rushing solo blindly against larger groups and getting rewarded for that is a bad mechanic.

just yesterday my friend and i grouped and often ended up 2 vs 4 or 2 vs 3 and we killed all 3 and sometimes we got all 4

smart tactics and the power of distraction is a beautiful thing ... he was running shotguns and i was melee with a spark

when i play alone i rush solo ... why should i not be rewarded for playing the game i wanna play it ?

53 minutes ago, ARES_IV said:

But it helps. Immensivly.

Except lances are.... especially when you compare required skill level to damage dealt.

Having a mandrake on your team helps

hovercanes on your team helps

team work helps

melee at high ps is useless without lances/spears

 

 

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MasteRof69 said:

just yesterday my friend and i grouped and often ended up 2 vs 4 or 2 vs 3 and we killed all 3 and sometimes we got all 4

smart tactics and the power of distraction is a beautiful thing ... he was running shotguns and i was melee with a spark

when i play alone i rush solo ... why should i not be rewarded for playing the game i wanna play it ?

Yeah you ended in quite good state against highly damaged opponents. Lances eat up people in groups.

 

You rush solo... works for some flanking build.

If you rush solo frontally against group and expect it to give advantange to your team, (like old drones/turrets did) you would not understand how teamplay games are supposed works.

Edited by MMxiter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MMxiter said:

Yeah you ended in quite good state against highly damaged opponents. Lances eat up people in groups.

 

You rush solo... works for some flanking build.

If you rush solo frontally against group and expect it to give advantange to your team, (like old drones/turrets did) you would not understand how teamplay games are supposed works.

Nope we attacked 3-4 at the start ... full health opponents

i'm a melee//up close player, so speed and stealth and flanking is what i do ... i rarely use anything else

i play battlefield and call of duty for clans . i have a perfect understanding of team play

in crossout however, team play is extremely rare

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MasteRof69 said:

i play battlefield and call of duty for clans . i have a perfect understanding of team play

in crossout however, team play is extremely rare

In those "teamplay" game as you says its way more easier to fight outnumbered than in crossout due to way lower TTK & tons of cheap perks/mechanics..

many competitive player mock those games for a reason.

You made my day dude.

Edited by MMxiter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MMxiter said:

In those "teamplay" game as you says its way more easier to fight outnumbered than in crossout due to way lower TTK & tons of cheap perks/mechanics..

many competitive player mock those games for a reason.

You made my day dude.

Not at all ... its much harder to play ... but you entitled to your opinion on things :D

crossout is much easier to play than other games .. you already have aimbot and wallhack for free in crossout

in other games you need hacks for that

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.