txt_40

Radio Announcer

Recommended Posts

So I was thinking maybe they could add a voice to beginnings/ ends of matches & raids along with other gameplay scenarios, such as announcers from... well, almost any other combat game; to add little more depth to gameplay.

(made with the voice of Nathan Fillion in mind)

I came up with some examples:

  • Beginning of Assault match:

"An enemy base has been sighted near your location. Destroy the enemy vehicles and take over the base!"

  • Beginning of Encounter match:

"Scouts report a nearby outpost being abandoned. Should make a great new base if you get it in time."

  • Assault match loss:

"Fall back! Repeat: Fall back! the base is a loss!"

  • Encounter match loss:

"We'll take for ourselves another day. Come back to headquarters."

  • Assault/Encounter match victory:

"Mission accomplished, new base of operations comin' right up. Good job." 

  • Beginning of Cargo Race raid:

"Reports coming in tellin' of some loose cargo scattered around the area. Get your hands on it and we might have our selves a good haul."

  • Beginning of Defense raid:

" The *insert plural faction name* are sendin' in some baddies to destroy our oil pumps. Make sure that doesnt happen."

  • Defense raid boss alert:

"Heads up, Drivers! They're sendin' in the the big guy!"

  • Beginning of Siege raid

"Some raiders decided to build an oil field within our borders. Show them how we deal with trespassers."

  • Beginning of Convoy raid:

"Fingers on triggers, boys. That trucks carryin' some valuable cargo and we need it here in one piece. Good luck."

 

What do you guys think?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, approved and sent to the devs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as they can be turned off in the options, I'm ok with that.  It would be interesting at first, but then just get annoying and repetitive after a while.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all for it as long as it can be toggled.  Different voice choices would be cool too.  I'd love a minimal version with the Quake 3 announcer :p  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A cool effect for it to work with, could be 2 things:

  1. Radio/signal Interference (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2qShK5lZOs).
  2. If the player does have a radar module installed, it should be a clear signal voice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, names_r_wierd! We're currently working on some kind of announcements. Thank you for your examples, may be we'll pick some after changing them a bit :) When the feature will be ready we'll announce it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might have some suggestions for voice dialogue as well (with deliberate misspellings in an attempt to highlight that Midwestern American accent that you'd commonly hear from a stereotypical hillbilly):

  • Generic PvP start: "Let's roll out boys!"
  • Enemies down to 75% strength: "The enemy's startin' tuh buckle under our pressure! Keep it up, boys!"
  • Enemies down to 50% strength: "Look like half o' the enemies are no more! Keep 'em comin', boys!"
  • Enemies down to 25% strength: "Look like the enemy's got only a few stragglers left! Show 'em no mercy!"
  • Allies down to 75% strength: "Eyes wide, boys! The enemy's startin' tuh wear us down!"
  • Allies down to 50% strength: "Half o' our team is no more! The rest o' y'all'd better hope 'at y'all won' be joinin' 'em!"
  • Allies down to 25% strength: "Mos' o' our team is down! It's all up tuh y'all now!"
  • 1/3rd of enemy base captured: "We got a foo'hold in the enemy base! Ah reckon 'at got ther 'tention!"
  • 2/3rd of enemy base captured: "We almos' captured the enemy base! Now why ain' they guardin' it, I wonder?"
  • 1/3rd of allied base captured: "The enemy's got a foo'hold in our base! Don' let 'em capture it!"
  • 2/3rd of allied base captured: "The enemy's almos' captured our base! Where in the blue blazes is our good-fo'-nuthin' team at?"
  • Neutral base 25% captured by allies: "We're makin' progress capturin' the base! Keep yo' eyes peeled fo' enemies!"
  • Neutral base 50% captured by allies: "We captured half o' the base! Careful! The enemy's growin' despera'e!"
  • Neutral base 75% captured by allies: "We almos' captured the base! Just a li'l longer, boys..."
  • Neutral base 25% captured by enemies: "The enemy is makin' progress capturin' the base! We can' let 'em take it!"
  • Neutral base 50% captured by enemies: "The enemy's captured half o' the base! We can' afford tuh 'gnore it any longer!"
  • Neutral base 75% captured by enemies: "The enemy's almos' captured the base! Someone stop 'em already!"
  • Timer at 2:00 while not winning: "2 minutes left on the clock. Better hustle, boys!"
  • Timer at 1:00 while not winning: "Only 1 minute left! It's now or never, boys!"
  • Timer at 0:30 while not winning: "Only 30 seconds left! Hurry!"
  • Timer at 2:00 while winning: "2 minutes left on the clock. Good work so far boys, but don' get cocky!"
  • Timer at 1:00 while winning: "Only 1 minute left! Don' screw up now, boys!"
  • Timer at 0:30 while winning: "Only 30 seconds left! Just a li'l longer..."
  • Match won through all enemies destroyed: "Hoowee! We sure showed 'em not tuh mess with us, right boys?"
  • Match won through base capture: "Yeehaw! Way tuh go, boys! That base is now ours!"
  • Match won through time out while having more teammates than the enemy: "Well, 't least we took more o' the enemy out 'an they took us out. Ah reckon 'at's a victory in mah book!"
  • Match won through time out while the team is more successful at base capture: "Well, 't least we did a better job a' capturin' the enemy's base 'an they did ours. Ah reckon 'at's a victory in mah book!"
  • Match won through all enemies destroyed while the enemy is more successful at base capture: "Good work, boys! An' don' worry none 'bout our base! They can' steal from it if they're all dead, he-he, right boys?"
  • Match won through all enemies destroyed while the enemy is more successful at base capture, and with less than 30 seconds on the clock: "Hoowee, that was a close one! Any longer, an' they'd 've gotten 'way with our loot!"
  • Match won through all enemies destroyed while having at least 6 surviving allies: "Holy crap! Either Ah'm seein' thin's, y'all are talented as all hell, or our enemies just plain suck! In any case, great work!"
  • Match won through base capture within less than a minute: "Well that was quick! It's almost as if the enemy gave that base tuh us, right boys?"
  • Match won through all enemies destroyed, or through time out while having more teammates than the enemy, while having only 1 or 2 surviving allies: "Good work, boys! That was a tough fight, but we won!"
  • Match won through base capture, or through time out while the team is more successful at base capture, while having fewer teammates than the enemy: "Don' matter none if we lose more men than they do, 'slong as we do a better job a' capturin' ther base than they do ours. Good work!"
  • Match lost through all allies destroyed: "Hello? Anyone still alive? Shoot! No response..."
  • Match lost through base capture: "Mayday! Mayday! The enemy's taken over the base! Game over, man! Game over!"
  • Match lost through time out while having fewer teammates than the enemy: "All survivin' units retreat! This battle is lost!"
  • Match lost through time out while the enemy is more successful at base capture: "The enemy's gotten 'way with our loot! What the hell were y'all idjiots thinkin', lettin' 'em get 'way with it without stealin' from 'em in turn?!"
  • Match lost through all allies destroyed while the team is more successful at base capture: "Argh, no, no, no, no, NO! We can' get 'way with the enemy's loot if there's no one left tuh haul it!"
  • Match lost through all allies destroyed while the team is more successful at base capture, and with less than 30 seconds on the clock: "Shoot! We were so close tuh gettin' 'way with a good haul..."
  • Match lost through all allies destroyed while having at least 6 surviving enemies: "Is this some kind o' sick joke? 'Cause mah gran'ma would've kicked a** better than yah losers!"
  • Match lost through base capture within less than a minute: "What kind o' half-assed performance was that?! 's almost as if y'all just gave that base tuh the enemy, yah idjiots!"
  • Match lost through all allies destroyed, or through time out while having fewer teammates than the enemy, while having only 1 or 2 surviving enemies: "Shoot! We were so close tuh winnin' this battle..."
  • Match lost through base capture, or through time out while the enemy is more successful at base capture, while having more teammates than the enemy: "Yeah, yeah, ya kick a**, chew bubblegum an' all, but that don' matter none if y'all just let the enemy get 'way with stealin' our loot from right under yer noses!"
  • Match ends in a draw: "Wow! Ah'm not even sure who won this battle, but ah reckon there ain' gonna be no rest fo' the weary..."
Edited by ShadowWolfTJC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ShadowWolfTJC said:

I might have some suggestions for voice dialogue as well (with deliberate misspellings in an attempt to highlight that Midwestern American accent that you'd commonly hear from a stereotypical hillbilly):

  • Generic PvP start: "Let's roll out boys!"
  • Enemies down to 75% strength: "The enemy's startin' tuh buckle under our pressure! Keep it up, boys!"
  • Enemies down to 50% strength: "Look like half o' the enemies are no more! Keep 'em comin', boys!"
  • Enemies down to 25% strength: "Look like the enemy's got only a few stragglers left! Show 'em no mercy!"
  • Allies down to 75% strength: "Eyes wide, boys! The enemy's startin' tuh wear us down!"
  • Allies down to 50% strength: "Half o' our team is no more! The rest o' y'all'd better hope 'at y'all won' be joinin' 'em!"
  • Allies down to 25% strength: "Mos' o' our team is down! It's all up tuh y'all now!"
  • 1/3rd of enemy base captured: "We got a foo'hold in the enemy base! Ah reckon 'at got ther 'tention!"
  • 2/3rd of enemy base captured: "We almos' captured the enemy base! Now why ain' they guardin' it, I wonder?"
  • 1/3rd of allied base captured: "The enemy's got a foo'hold in our base! Don' let 'em capture it!"
  • 2/3rd of allied base captured: "The enemy's almos' captured our base! Where in the blue blazes is our good-fo'-nuthin' team at?"
  • Neutral base 25% captured by allies: "We're makin' progress capturin' the base! Keep yo' eyes peeled fo' enemies!"
  • Neutral base 50% captured by allies: "We captured half o' the base! Careful! The enemy's growin' despera'e!"
  • Neutral base 75% captured by allies: "We almos' captured the base! Just a li'l longer, boys..."
  • Neutral base 25% captured by enemies: "The enemy is makin' progress capturin' the base! We can' let 'em take it!"
  • Neutral base 50% captured by enemies: "The enemy's captured half o' the base! We can' afford tuh 'gnore it any longer!"
  • Neutral base 75% captured by enemies: "The enemy's almos' captured the base! Someone stop 'em already!"
  • Timer at 2:00 while not winning: "2 minutes left on the clock. Better hustle, boys!"
  • Timer at 1:00 while not winning: "Only 1 minute left! It's now or never, boys!"
  • Timer at 0:30 while not winning: "Only 30 seconds left! Hurry!"
  • Timer at 2:00 while winning: "2 minutes left on the clock. Good work so far boys, but don' get cocky!"
  • Timer at 1:00 while winning: "Only 1 minute left! Don' screw up now, boys!"
  • Timer at 0:30 while winning: "Only 30 seconds left! Just a li'l longer..."
  • Match won through all enemies destroyed: "Hoowee! We sure showed 'em not tuh mess with us, right boys?"
  • Match won through base capture: "Yeehaw! Way tuh go, boys! That base is now ours!"
  • Match won through time out while having more teammates than the enemy: "Well, 't least we took more o' the enemy out 'an they took us out. Ah reckon 'at's a victory in mah book!"
  • Match won through time out while the team is more successful at base capture: "Well, 't least we did a better job a' capturin' the enemy's base 'an they did ours. Ah reckon 'at's a victory in mah book!"
  • Match won through all enemies destroyed while the enemy is more successful at base capture: "Good work, boys! An' don' worry none 'bout our base! They can' steal from it if they're all dead, he-he, right boys?"
  • Match won through all enemies destroyed while the enemy is more successful at base capture, and with less than 30 seconds on the clock: "Hoowee, that was a close one! Any longer, an' they'd 've gotten 'way with our loot!"
  • Match won through all enemies destroyed while having at least 6 surviving allies: "Holy crap! Either Ah'm seein' thin's, y'all are talented as all hell, or our enemies just plain suck! In any case, great work!"
  • Match won through base capture within less than a minute: "Well that was quick! It's almost as if the enemy gave that base tuh us, right boys?"
  • Match won through all enemies destroyed, or through time out while having more teammates than the enemy, while having only 1 or 2 surviving allies: "Good work, boys! That was a tough fight, but we won!"
  • Match won through base capture, or through time out while the team is more successful at base capture, while having fewer teammates than the enemy: "Don' matter none if we lose more men than they do, 'slong as we do a better job a' capturin' ther base than they do ours. Good work!"
  • Match lost through all allies destroyed: "Hello? Anyone still alive? Shoot! No response..."
  • Match lost through base capture: "Mayday! Mayday! The enemy's taken over the base! Game over, man! Game over!"
  • Match lost through time out while having fewer teammates than the enemy: "All survivin' units retreat! This battle is lost!"
  • Match lost through time out while the enemy is more successful at base capture: "The enemy's gotten 'way with our loot! What the hell were y'all idjiots thinkin', lettin' 'em get 'way with it without stealin' from 'em in turn?!"
  • Match lost through all allies destroyed while the team is more successful at base capture: "Argh, no, no, no, no, NO! We can' get 'way with the enemy's loot if there's no one left tuh haul it!"
  • Match lost through all allies destroyed while the team is more successful at base capture, and with less than 30 seconds on the clock: "Shoot! We were so close tuh gettin' 'way with a good haul..."
  • Match lost through all allies destroyed while having at least 6 surviving enemies: "Is this some kind o' sick joke? 'Cause mah gran'ma would've kicked a** better than yah losers!"
  • Match lost through base capture within less than a minute: "What kind o' half-assed performance was that?! 's almost as if y'all just gave that base tuh the enemy, yah idjiots!"
  • Match lost through all allies destroyed, or through time out while having fewer teammates than the enemy, while having only 1 or 2 surviving enemies: "Shoot! We were so close tuh winnin' this battle..."
  • Match lost through base capture, or through time out while the enemy is more successful at base capture, while having more teammates than the enemy: "Yeah, yeah, ya kick a**, chew bubblegum an' all, but that don' matter none if y'all just let the enemy get 'way with stealin' our loot from right under yer noses!"
  • Match ends in a draw: "Wow! Ah'm not even sure who won this battle, but ah reckon there ain' gonna be no rest fo' the weary..."

Holy f***. That's a lot of work & quotes. But I think that's a lil' too much western for the game. Also remember that it should be "Child friendly", so no -a** or -idiots.

Some of this are REALLY, REALLY GOOD, but for real, that's a lot of quotes for 3m of gameplay, it would get annoyin' real quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm, Star Conflict has such announcements, for example, when you start a PvP game you sometimes hear this:

C'mon you sons of b**ches, you wanna live forever?

Or when you kill an enemy:

Die a**hole!

Or when one of your allies die:

They got one of ours, ba**ards.

You can get messages from enemies in the Open World, so far we've got Pirates, Cartels, Cybers, Biomorphs and Cristallids which are aliens, and they sound different, but weird, as in a corrupted speech, and its different, I tried deciphering them once, but to no avail, I should try again, imagine getting sworn at in ancient alien language.

You can also disable them but its funny that you can hear literal swear words, and there is a chat filter, but in here you cannot turn it off, and if you type a swear word in the chat your entire message is not even going to be sent, Crossout has it way better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly the voices should come from your Co-Pilot.   

Make a set of lines for each co-pilot and your golden.   Gives variety and some more flavor to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want Rick Hunter to do one of the voices.

"You probably thought you weren't going to die today... surprise!~"

 

 

Edited by BrandonBranders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xCrossFaith_ said:

This will be interesting, and if the announcer depends on the faction you are with their leaders personality it would be great, imagine having the voice of Psycho Pete for example in a "come on you xxxxxxxx! kill those mothterfu**ers already!" mood.

I'm totally up for this idea :D  

That could be pretty funny if it cuts to radio interference whenever Pete swears since the devs want to keep a low rating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, xCrossFaith_ said:

I don't know exactly how I feel about a post apocalyptic world with political correctness in language but.. well doesn't matter XD 

 

I've put Pete as an example because I think it would be the most recognisible in that.. I don't know how I'll put the other leaders on speech.. Maybe something like

Ivy: More close and friendly, kinda worrying for the drivers

Pete: A swearing/yelling mess

Ulysses: Reminding drivers to be aware at all time and don't let their guard down

ScarAB: I don't have any idea about this one

Ironhand: Very tactical and direct, military comander style

Riley: Maybe with a robotic voice 

ScarAB: a drunk irish xxxxxxx. That's something I can see on him (I have nothing against irish people, but for the sake of it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:01 PM, BrandonBranders said:

That could be pretty funny if it cuts to radio interference whenever Pete swears since the devs want to keep a low rating.

I agree. These needs to be a thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:44 PM, xCrossFaith_ said:

I don't know exactly how I feel about a post apocalyptic world with political correctness in language but.. well doesn't matter XD 

 

I've put Pete as an example because I think it would be the most recognisible in that.. I don't know how I'll put the other leaders on speech.. Maybe something like

Ivy: More close and friendly, kinda worrying for the drivers

Pete: A swearing/yelling mess

Ulysses: Reminding drivers to be aware at all time and don't let their guard down

ScarAB: I don't have any idea about this one

Ironhand: Very tactical and direct, military comander style

Riley: Maybe with a robotic voice 

I got some Ideas to match this whenever your Vehicle Gets Destroyed.

Ivy XO: "That was a tough Hit, Are you okay?"

Psycho Pete: "HOW THE *static for censorship* DID YOU *static* UP THAT BADLY?!"

Ulysses: "You should Take Greater Caution next time."

ScarAB: "Welp.. Back to the Drawing board."

Ironhand: "Walk it off Soldier!"

Riley: "That Defeat defies Logic."

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hazmat616 said:

Make it so the dialogue varies so it won't be repetitive. Maybe make it not always the same voice.

Different active factions should have their own "radio signal (voice)", so yea, I believe that would be enough.

Same as with music, after a while I just turned it down, quite repetitive.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Indiferencce said:

Different active factions should have their own "radio signal (voice)", so yea, I believe that would be enough.

Same as with music, after a while I just turned it down, quite repetitive.

That's amazing so it could be the voices of the faction leaders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:54 PM, Budder_Prime said:

I got some Ideas to match this whenever your Vehicle Gets Destroyed.

Ivy XO: "That was a tough Hit, Are you okay?"

Psycho Pete: "HOW THE *static for censorship* DID YOU *static* UP THAT BADLY?!"

Ulysses: "You should Take Greater Caution next time."

ScarAB: "Welp.. Back to the Drawing board."

Ironhand: "Walk it off Soldier!"

Riley: "That Defeat defies Logic."

It occurred to me, Obviously whichever voice one would hear is based on the Active faction. But regardless of whichever active faction there is, you're always part of the engineers, so would you hear Ivy and then one of the others, or would this be something that you would toggle in Settings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

"At the next rock turn left"

"You have reached your destination" .. followed by Kaboom! of self-destruct..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.