it should be can fly

may be flying is for the next update

i saw a flying car drive by the GM..

for balance issue

no matter it is flying or hovering

each hover engine should cost 1 energy

• Upvote 1

On 2017/8/23 at 9:16 PM, Guest khoirul334 said:

i like this game so much, only one that i dont like. the asia server is not availible yet, that's what i dont like. please tell me dev, when the asia server will availible?? a lot player also ask that. 

you can choose the Asia server..

On 24.8.2017 at 9:48 AM, TheUndertaker67 said:

this power scoring thing you have in the game is use less

I disagree. PS is a sound balancing concept, it just needs more fine tuning.

this power score crape and put a better system in place, some think along the lines of a weapon type match up, i.e. common/rare weapons and epic/legendary/relic this way players can choose what level they want to play,

That wont help balancing. In fact, power score is a superior system to rarity levels because it can be much more finely tuned.

Enforcing rarity levels will only lead to effective tiers in weapons. Blue cannons are garbage? Never use them at all, because every other blue weapon is better.

I also think that the cost of leveling up a co-driver should be changed as at the present the cost of resources is scandalous

Agreed.

We also need a better way to upgrade our weapons as at present we have to use 3 of each type of weapon we want to up grade and then it is pot luck as to what type of up grade you get, i.e. I up graded two Vector MM5-4 machine guns and got two different up grades one was up graded to recoilless and the other was up graded to reinforced, now a better system for up grading would be to use two Vector MM5-4 = recoilless up grade, three Vector MM5-4 = reinforced up grade.

I like that idea. Yet one has to be aware that Targem meant the fusion system as a way to burn parts for high level players that run into storage issues. I just really despise it when there are so many options that getting the one you want even after some serious tries becomes unlikely.

Here are a couple of other recommendations I have to help improve the game, scrape all these caps

I agree that the caps are often annoying. Of course you understand that without caps the price for ressources will drop significantly, especially for scrap, wires and electronics.

What I would like to see however is a more smart system that allows you to transfer a limited amount of unused limit of last week to next week.

Example: (Assumption 1000 scrap limit week)

Week 1: 500/1000 scrap - 500 remaining

Week 2: 250/1000+500 scrap -750 unused limit - the added 500 limit from last week does not count towards tthis increase, you always only increase your limit by 1000 - current week scrap income)

Week 3: 400/1000 +500+750 = 2250 limit

After 4 weeks, however, the oldest limit increase get cut off if you havent used it by them. So, the 500 limit increase of week 1 get destroyed when you reach week 5.

The basic idea is that avoid that punished feeling if you have a week with little game time.

nd also remove fuel from the game, i.e. by removing the need for fuel in order to play raids, this would give player the chose of which type of match they want to play as some players like to play raids more than missions and also improve the rewards that you get from doing the raids

The problem is that this is a multiplayer online game. One would want to avoid the Armored Warfare issue that far to many people play against the AI and not against enemy players. Especially because I have the hunch that player numbers arent what Targem wants them to be. It would also remove a nice risk vs reward aspect of the game.

his incessant need you have of putting common parts into crates

I agree that common parts are 100 % worthless. Yet, that very fact does not stop people from buying those worthless crates.

I pity their foolishness, but I like the coins.

also this nasty little trick you have in mission match's with weapons that have a limited amount of ammo, why can we not have the same system as in raids, i.e. we the ammo runs out what 1 minute for it to reload as this again would make mission match's more enjoyable as all you have to do is survive for an extra minute and your ammo stock is full again so you can start fighting once more.

Sorry, but that is not really a realistic scenario. It is already costly in a raid to have to to wait for 1:30 minute of reload time. In a PVP, that is 50 % of the entire game time.

Leaving time issues aside, this is also a balancing issue. Ammo packs are supposed to be a weakpoint of ammo based designs. If you run out of ammo, use more ammo packs.

One of the things I like more about Crossout than Robocraft is that building is far more meaningful. You have to find ways to integrate those weakpoints into your design in the best possible way. Taking that away will only lead to less variety and a less fun game overall.

Something else you could look in to and that is giving player the opportunity to make their own maps at first just for use in the garage/test drive map and make the maps available on the exchange for players to swap maps,

I like that idea.

16 hours ago, Drawl said:

This just seems broken.

I agree that this has serious balancing implications. Yet, I believe I that the devs said that underwhelming physics where the reason for hovers removal in the first place. With better physics and a reasonable balancing, I dont see why we cannot have them in principle. Hovering always will have some advantages over driving and walking, but as long as this advantage is properly compensated by drawbacks, we wont have any issues.

5 hours ago, Guest Craven said:

Came here for Mad Maxx, not Robocraft

The game is called Crossout. Not MadMax MMOG.

The 'lore' of the game also doesn't support things like hover-craft tech or plasma/tesla electro-blasts, (let alone the infra guidance rockets and rail gun we already have)... If there's that sort of 'tech' in the game world, why would this sort of combat even be necessary as a function of 'society'.  

The lore by nature is something the devs can change anyway the see fit. I also disagree about that the new faction does not fit the lore.

Hovers are little more than an oversized ducted fan with some serious horsepower behind. Hardly high tech.

Following the "mad max logic", there would be basically no weapon beyond some handguns. Take an educated guess of how long a game which such a repitive gameplay would last. Think about the balancing implications. If there is just one weapon, there is also just one best way to protect against it. All designs will look much more similar as a result.

Regarding technology level and warfare.... humanity never had more technology than today.... most sadly it does not stop us from killing each other for stupid reasons.

And it also occurs to me that somebody like Psycho Pete is probably not going to be to impressed by an invitation for tea at 5.

Stick to the ground, tires, treds, and legs (though even those are sketchy) or else the 'tech creep' will have helicopters and spider-mechs climbing walls and you'll just be a darker color scheme of roborcraft with shittier mechanics.

I agree that Crossout should not have air units. Not out of any particular hate for them but because I "enjoyed" first hand the balancing nightmare it caused in Robocraft.

As long as it is still ground based however, I have no issue at all with multiple ways of movement. More options are almost always a nice thing after all.

Considering the xxxx state of Robocrafts mechanics for quite some long years, I really dont think that we have much to worry about here. (Although RC made some long needed good moves in that direction more recently)

I dont think that spider legs will climb walls in Crossout, nor should they. But they still need some more serious advantage over other forms of movement if they are meant to see something like real usage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hovers don't make physical sense. If you have enough thrust to stay off the ground, you have enough thrust to fly.

2 hours ago, ARES_IV said:

It might well be provably impossible for a human to tune PS. There's simply too many feedbacks. At the very least, they cannot tune linear PS. If they had some automatic tuning system, it might work. Part ELO, basically.

8 hours ago, Alrenous said:

It might well be provably impossible for a human to tune PS. There's simply too many feedbacks. At the very least, they cannot tune linear PS. If they had some automatic tuning system, it might work. Part ELO, basically.

You just increase or reduce it until usage numbers are within the norm.

Guest xXGOLDENXx
On 8/23/2017 at 0:01 PM, Gorezor said:

Robocraft 2.0. Wheels become obsolete, tracks also. Old factions as well maybe. Plasma ,Lasers ,Nano heal appear in a post nuclear world? Soon we will see tesla blades? The knight rider  event had some negative impact in the game, don't make it worse.... Just an advice.

Edit.: I don't wanna see the same BS as " Dronecraft "

Many of us came here for Mad Max type of game, not a game where for some reason you cant make floppy disks because they require too much power, but yet you can make hovers and lasers and tesla guns, one, where the hovers destroy weaker builds by DRIVING ON TOP OF THEM. This is a huge stepdown. Kind f like what COD did. Too futuristic.

On 8/25/2017 at 3:40 PM, MrocznyRycerzPL said:

Hovering over EVERYTHING will absolutly destroy balance. That's not right to other players. Ex: somebody camping in rock city with homing missiles.

I agree. I like the concept of hover, but it needs to be nerfed BIG TIME. right now the only downside i'm seeing is that it kinda slow. make it so that it will overheat and explode under too much strain, like going up a 80 degree cliff face.

Guest captincreaper

this is a fun game and with this new faction the game will be more fun then it is already plus in the future updates of the game you should ad the ablate to build plans and dotes or anfibeus vehicles.

Tires and tracks only please. I echo "Guest Craven" I came to Crossout for "Mad Max", "Damnation Alley", and "Death Race 2000". Focus on game balance and listen to your fans please.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

To the argument that this is a 'Mad Max' game: sorry you were misled? (I like the 'Mad Max' feel, but wasn't too fixed on it to hate the new faction).  Also, any grungy 'Mad Max' person would willingly attach and try to win the hover tech if it showed up, fearlessly.  Let have more courage and resilience among the survivors!

To those saying hovercraft will be OP or broken and make tires useless: I somewhat disagree--mostly because I like diversity.  Picture the next few factions coming out with...more tires.. plain, boring.  This here brings diversity of strategy.  Just like shooting off guns is a strategy, shooting one hover-leg off will destroy the balance of the craft and make them spin.  They'll spin uselessly in place just like tires, or worst?  The devs did emphasize that weight balance is key to hovering.  They could easily add explosion damage when a hover dies to further emphasize that this is only good in certain builds.  Perhaps shooting under the craft strait on the frame will also be a severe weakness.  Releasing more of the same and pretending the game has diversity would be a step in the wrong direction.  There are so many useless tires in the game already.  New content will bring a greater player base and lead to better ways of balancing the matchups.  I can see a future where people with epics only face others with epics influenced by other things like level.  For now, its OpenBeta..  

Keep up the good work Devs!  

• Like 2

For everyone discussing the balance and crying OP.

it's not even out yet! The videos you have seen is from ANOTHER VERSION OF THE GAME!

Stop being so cynical to everything new, or we will end up with nothing new and will be stuck with the current shotgun meta to the days end.

I am not a fan of the hover either (or the new faction for that matter), but don't shoot it down before we have even tested it.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:40 PM, MrocznyRycerzPL said:

Hovering over EVERYTHING will absolutly destroy balance. That's not right to other players. Ex: somebody camping in rock city with homing missiles.

Hovering could also have a major Drawback, like cannon recoil.

21 hours ago, ErodedHeroics said:

To the argument that this is a 'Mad Max' game: sorry you were misled? (I like the 'Mad Max' feel, but wasn't too fixed on it to hate the new faction).  Also, any grungy 'Mad Max' person would willingly attach and try to win the hover tech if it showed up, fearlessly.  Let have more courage and resilience among the survivors!

To those saying hovercraft will be OP or broken and make tires useless: I somewhat disagree--mostly because I like diversity.  Picture the next few factions coming out with...more tires.. plain, boring.  This here brings diversity of strategy.  Just like shooting off guns is a strategy, shooting one hover-leg off will destroy the balance of the craft and make them spin.  They'll spin uselessly in place just like tires, or worst?  The devs did emphasize that weight balance is key to hovering.  They could easily add explosion damage when a hover dies to further emphasize that this is only good in certain builds.  Perhaps shooting under the craft strait on the frame will also be a severe weakness.  Releasing more of the same and pretending the game has diversity would be a step in the wrong direction.  There are so many useless tires in the game already.  New content will bring a greater player base and lead to better ways of balancing the matchups.  I can see a future where people with epics only face others with epics influenced by other things like level.  For now, its OpenBeta..  

Keep up the good work Devs!  

You left out that a Hover vehicle could suffer recoil from Firing its own weapons. although that could go with Balance.

On 26.8.2017 at 11:20 PM, Alrenous said:

Not possible.

Why? It is just a number in a table, it can be changed anytime?

Insted to make new faction/ weapons and other items, YOU START TO FIX THE BUGGS, Donkey, Hard Raid rotation is Broken from more then 2 month, is blocked on Defence and Cargo Race few entaire days, and after we see a heis, siege or convoy, stuck again few days on Cargo and Def

On 8/25/2017 at 11:15 PM, Guest Craven said:

Came here for Mad Maxx, not Robocraft.  New faction sounds like some recycled baby back bull to me.  Frankly I think they should focus more on balance (IE legendary Harvesters or Hurricanes in 2k -2500 matches sealclubbing) than trying to create a new faction that does little to benefit the content of the game beyond a forboding look into the future.

The 'lore' of the game also doesn't support things like hover-craft tech or plasma/tesla electro-blasts, (let alone the infra guidance rockets and rail gun we already have)... If there's that sort of 'tech' in the game world, why would this sort of combat even be necessary as a function of 'society'.  

Stick to the ground, tires, treds, and legs (though even those are sketchy) or else the 'tech creep' will have helicopters and spider-mechs climbing walls and you'll just be a darker color scheme of roborcraft with shittier mechanics.

Crossout is not Max Max and was never intended to be.  It may be inspired by it, but that's all.  The lore does support the existance of this tech though.  This game takes place in the same universe as one of Targem's old games, Ex Machina/ Hard Truck Apocalypse.  Rail Guns aren't far fetched at all anymore, in fact we're using them in the real world right now.  It's just a series of electromagnets that are used to launch a projectile.  More futuristic technology does not guarantee a civilized society.  No argument about the balance, it does need work.  New content is nice too though.  Keeps things fresh.

On 8/27/2017 at 9:14 AM, HeroBrian_333 said:

Also, there is this. hover right now is too op.

There are 30 boosters on that vehicle, which use 1 energy each.  Currently we can only achieve 15 points of energy with a humpback.  This is a video of a dev build of the game.

Edited by BrandonBranders

By far the highest technology thing in Crossout is the tech that makes all your guns follow your cross-hair. Doesn't even use optics.

23 hours ago, ARES_IV said:

Interesting straw man bro. I said, "You can't hit a norm," you reply, "Why can't you change database numbers?"

Edited by Alrenous

To give you an idea of what I am talking about, this power scoring thing you have in the game is use less

On 26.8.2017 at 11:07 AM, ARES_IV said:

On 26.8.2017 at 1:29 PM, Alrenous said:

On 26.8.2017 at 10:00 PM, ARES_IV said:

You just increase or reduce it until usage numbers are within the norm.

On 26.8.2017 at 11:20 PM, Alrenous said:

Not possible.

On 29.8.2017 at 5:23 AM, ARES_IV said:

On 30.8.2017 at 4:56 AM, Alrenous said:

By far the highest technology thing in Crossout is the tech that makes all your guns follow your cross-hair. Doesn't even use optics.

Interesting straw man bro. I said, "You can't hit a norm," you reply, "Why can't you change database numbers?"

I dont exactly get your point Alrenous. I guess you mean something along the lines "you cannot perfectly hit the perfect Power Score spot for an item just by guessing".

I would agree, but then the devs dont need to guess. They have usage and probably even more detailed statistics about weapon performance. If a weapon overperforms compared to its competition, you nerf it. One possible way to achieve that is to increase its power score. By how much? Since guessing by nature is inaccurate, why not simple increasing the power score by 100 points again and again until usage and other statistics show normalisation? You can then later fine tune the resulting PS even more. Make it 1270 instead of 1300 PS.

Most of our real life world is based on trial and error. You know, they did not have fancy computer simulations as short as a few decades ago. Especially not for the more mundane things. So they tried. And tested. And tested again. Until they found the most sweet spot possible and went from there.