Ka1deron

[Developer Blog] Dawn Children. Part 1

On 10/3/2017 at 7:45 AM, Nightmare799 said:

More than two years in development and you have learned absolutely NOTHING about balance. Absoluetly nil. Each and every update you just break something else instead of listening to feedback, testing whether the information the players share is true, and responding accordingly. It has been almost 14 days yet you did not even bother to release a hotfix to take care of this mess. I am completely speechless. I had no expectations whatsoever and yet you STILL managed to dissapoint me, and the rest of the community.

No dice, you people, are either stupid, incompetent, or both. There is absolutely no other conclusion I can draw from this other that you not only have no idea what you are doing, but that you lack even the slightest semblance of common sense.

How about, instead of trying your damnest to force people to spend cash by forcing them into stupidly difficult and unrewarding raids, you instead started to fix your mess so you can actually present a well crafted game to draw paying customers to?

But of course, ignore this feedback, you know better how to drive this project into the ground than some stupid beta tester than knows the game in and out and actually has some semblance of how the game is supposed to work and play like, right?

Rip crossout xxxx stupid devs i want my money back

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, GeneralRoach said:

Rip crossout xxxx stupid devs i want my money back

lol @ refund on free game

• Upvote 2

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 12:24 PM, GentlemanRevvnar said:

Actually, the futuristic part and other stuff that do not come from Mad Max is heavily inspired by Ex Machina ( Hard Truck: Apocalypse, my most favourited single player game of all time, highly recommend getting it on Steam ) which is also made Crossout developers but in 2005. That game is also by global planet catastrophe and driving combat trucks. If that game didn't exist we propably wouldn't have Crossout.

I think it is way more based on "Steve Jackson Car Wars".

Car-Wars-Steve-Jackson.jpg

LOL

• Upvote 1

Guest Ray

Hey mr developer, dawns children broke the raid matching system. Keeps putting people in groups of 3 instead of 4. Also leaving a raid should have an extra penalty. Perhaps a wait timer for desertion.

Sorry devs but the idea of crossout is dead with the swarm of hover vehicles. You could have created something else instead of hovers and energy weapons not fitting into the game.

I liked the game because it HAD a theme and was consistent before Dawn's Children.

Going back to playing World of Tanks as it is still consistent.

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, VooDoo_G5 said:

First, Game of Drones made PvP unplayable for those of us that love the wheeled battle theme. Even though you addressed the issue, you still haven't done enough. The 100% damage buff to the Sidekick drones was ill-conceived, and introduction of Fuze Drones was extremely ignorant. Why adding a deathbot that drives and inflicts damage with no input from the player was needed is beyond me.

Now, the introduction of mobility modules (hover legs) that disregard acceleration and speed limits, while adding blast resistance and unmatched mobility when compared to wheels, legs, and tracks (the very core of Crossout) has broken that fragile immersion into apocalyptic wheeled combat. Congratulations on leaving behind those that loved this game before Dawn Children in your need to cash-grab. Sure, you'll make some quick scratch to the very few that are willing to Pay to Win now, but in the long run, this game is destined to fade if this is the direction you wish to continue. Because there are already a lot of games that center around mechanical hovering battle bots, and they've been doing it better, and longer, and their player base began with those players that expected to hover and shoot. The way Dawn Children was implemented, I believe will disenfranchise the many that have already spent their cash on ground-based battle elements. Good luck to you.

+1

I joined crossout because it was a wheeled combat game and not a hover combat game. If I wanted flying combat I would have joined other games.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

Well I can't wait to see the next faction. Hope it goes back to the core of the game. 

• Like 1

When you will finally fix the interpolation?

At present when somebody has an upload lagg and he preses key for turning into any side even for an 1/9999999 of as second. Game client interpolates him for the whole time of lagg like he would have that key pressed all the time.

All other games interpolate objects straight forward on lagg so it's much easier for players to predict car's behaviour on lagg. At present lags are not a rare part of our game, so this interpolation is a pain in the... you know where.

regards

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 03/11/2017 at 2:26 AM, Fragmenthor said:

When you will finally fix the interpolation?

At present when somebody has an upload lagg and he preses key for turning into any side even for an 1/9999999 of as second. Game client interpolates him for the whole time of lagg like he would have that key pressed all the time.

All other games interpolate objects straight forward on lagg so it's much easier for players to predict car's behaviour on lagg. At present lags are not a rare part of our game, so this interpolation is a pain in the... you know where.

regards

This post is important. Probably the most important posts ive read on these forums. 

• Like 1

Guest Peter Fendi

I started playing Crossout and stopped playing robocraft to get away from the super high tech and confusing physics of its futuristic weapons for something simpler and more familiar to real life. Crossout, at least for the first few factions, resembles our real life, and not some far out land of magic. Stick to the real, tried and tested, cold hard physics, and instead make this game a fair platform for battles of physical force, reflex, and thought, not magic and trickery of tricky thought-up weapons bought by kids wasting real money to gain a couple points. Keep it real Crossout, and don't make it a rerun of Robocraft. 

You have made the Spark weapons way to powerful. When you come up against a hover with 2 sparks guaranteed you are dead. You have also made hovers to fast large hovers can out run all vehicles even when you take out 2 of the hover engines. You me

The Game is very unbalanced which needs correcting. You need a counter to the sparks which you don't have. So.e thing like a EMP. You have now made the game so it advantages hovers with sparks. Please sort this out.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Anzerwolf1 said:

You have made the Spark weapons way to powerful. When you come up against a hover with 2 sparks guaranteed you are dead. You have also made hovers to fast large hovers can out run all vehicles even when you take out 2 of the hover engines. You me

The Game is very unbalanced which needs correcting. You need a counter to the sparks which you don't have. So.e thing like a EMP. You have now made the game so it advantages hovers with sparks. Please sort this out.

True this needs sorting 

Guest Hovers

Sorry to say you are losing more fans more people now since you Decide on hovers sparks ECT. You have made the game extremely unbalanced now. What used to be a fun game to play is no longer. When you come up against a hover with 8 to 10 engines and 3 sparks no point in playing get rid of the hovers or limit to only 6 engines and decrease their points. You have just made this game so unfair now hope you are pleased.

Guest Rip Crossou

Rip Crossout:

Reason: Drones, Hovercars

Nuff said...With love and ex-player

2 hours ago, Guest Rip Crossou said:

Rip Crossout:

Im trying to keep moral high here and on the steam forums.

The new changes to drones and hovers will be released in a few days. Come back then and give it another go. Might be a great time to see those who abused sidekicks and hovers get a taste of their own medicine. The war is not over. It has just begun.

This game is amazing stand by it and makes sure it is a success. We will slowly get rid of all automation and broken mechanics. 

One post and a time, trust me.

Why is this thread not locked?

every time I saw there's a new post on dev blog I'll be scared.

Stop replying to this dead thread u dumbos.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Guest Rip Crossou said:

Rip Crossout:

Well i hated hovers from day 1, but thing is u need to adopt, i was lvl 3 nomads when patch was out, so it was 2 weeks of farming dawn children lvl 6, crafting my first 10 hovers, later up to 20 and selling mammoths to buy tsunamis. More than once a day i wish for all time when there was only ground fight without fast moving hover crafts. But i adapted to new game mechanic. Soon they gonna neft them to point where they are useless to play and there will be something new, something stronger and we gonna start all over again with nerf nerf nerf, rip crossout etc.

• Haha 1