BjKalderon

[Developer Blog] Dawn Children. Part 2

We continue to talk about a new faction in the world of Crossout. Today we will introduce you to the latest weapons.

c0aa7b74c5125430a70bcfd0c2da.jpg

‘The so-called gadgeteers lost their intelligence faster than the others, fled to the wasteland, leaving behind unfinished ingenious inventions, which often exploded and could rarely be copied. But not everyone went crazy or fell victim to their own experiments. A group of scientists led by Riley found a way to significantly delay the arrival of the gadgeteer madness, as well as resist the deadly effects of Crossout...’

The ingenious scientists under the leadership of Riley were able to create a unique weapon that will be available to Survivors who joined the new faction.

Tesla Cannon ‘TB-3 Spark’

b3918b3d434c3ce4d25a228ee340.jpg

Legendary weapon. Deals damage to all targets in the aiming cone. Effective for fighting multiple enemies at once. Power consumption — 6 units. The maximum number of weapons of this type on a car — two.

Plasma emitter ‘P-7 Morning Star’

11e9cae95cf8977e4afb8cfc66f7.jpg

Epic weapon. Also requires 6 energy points, and you can mount two such guns on the armored car at the same time. Generates a ball lightning that deals significant damage to any matter it comes in contact with.

Plasma emitter ‘Synthesis’

dac43f17e94d4c09242c2bba42bd.jpg

Rare weapon. Requires four energy units. You can mount up to four emitters at the same time. The weapon launches a dense bundle of superheated plasma at enemies.

Combat laser ‘GL-B Red Ray’

67c64e77de8c998571893b8aa59b.jpg

Epic weapon. Requires five energy units. A mixture of mechanics and electronics. Air cooling of the barrels provides a continuous rate of fire for pulse lasers. Unfortunately the range of shooting in the atmosphere is very limited.

We remind you that the Developer Blog series tells the players about preliminary plans for the development of the project. The final version may differ from the changes described above.

See you in the wasteland!

Discuss it here!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

How can you Mount 4 "Synthesis" on one vehicle, wich provides only 15 Points of energy?!

Do we get a new cabin/generator or is it just a tiping error?

Edited by Sir_Bratpfanne
writin' error xD

BjKalderon (Posted )

Sir_Bratpfanne, we will share some new info in the next "dev. blog";)

Tesla Cannon:
"Power consumption — 6 units. The maximum number of weapons of this type on a car — two."

Plasma emitter:
"Also requires 6 energy points, but you can mount three such guns on the armored car at the same time."

I understand some limits in-game, like only being able to install 1 Engine... 1 Chameleon or Scope... but why are these limited to 2 and 3? Those seem like "magic numbers", and it's no fun remembering different [arbitrary] restrictions for every weapon type.

I thought the entire reason for having power consumption is to limit the items you can use. Isn't it better to keep using that simpler limit system?

• Upvote 1

-plasma emitter... 

Image result for fallout preston meme

you know that laser ? yeah no... ? fine im out.

• Haha 1

"Epic weapon. Also requires 6 energy points, but you can mount three such guns on the armored car at the same time."

6x3=18....

So, we're getting either a new 14 energy cabin and the Apollo generator, or a 13 energy cabin and a 5pt generator... or a 15 energy cabin and we'll be using a gas generator?

18 total energy...

5 equalizers and 3 radiators or 4 thunderbolts and 2 coolers should be fun to deal with.  Or... 9 pyres for that matter.

Excited for what's to come... and nervous at the same time.

53 minutes ago, Guest disapointed said:

this is it, game is dead.laser......aimbot on....gg

Even if people used aimbots it wouldn't change anything? There already are aimbots (drones) that do all the work for you and aimbots could have been used for MGs, ACs and scorpions all the time... so, what's your point?

Edited by toopa_

Hey mods. Wouldn't it be easier to keep the actual announcent as read only to us normal forumgoers? Keeping the discussion in discussion would no doubt make not only the moderation easier, but also help us regular forumites stay informed on the developments when an announcement is actually made.

Finally got my fourth mg13, and looking at those new weapons...i'll sell them, lose money and buy lasers. Because lasers are cool.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, TheSmitedAsh said:

"Epic weapon. Also requires 6 energy points, but you can mount three such guns on the armored car at the same time."

6x3=18....

So, we're getting either a new 14 energy cabin and the Apollo generator, or a 13 energy cabin and a 5pt generator... or a 15 energy cabin and we'll be using a gas generator?

18 total energy...

5 equalizers and 3 radiators or 4 thunderbolts and 2 coolers should be fun to deal with.  Or... 9 pyres for that matter.

Excited for what's to come... and nervous at the same time.

I'm going to assume that it's for Levi limit, so you can't mount 2 billion of these weapons on a Levi.

• Upvote 2

Really nice looking weapons.

Can't wait to test them

Well, that's it, this will totally be my new favorite faction! (sorry nomads :( )   I'm taking a break from the game and I will return once they are introduced, and I'm willing to grind the **** out of them <3

7 hours ago, Sir_Bratpfanne said:

How can you Mount 4 "Synthesis" on one vehicle, wich provides only 15 Points of energy?!

Do we get a new cabin/generator or is it just a tiping error?

maybe because the vehicle has a limit to this weapon like the clarinet TOW.(only one of these can be mounted)(also they might add a new cabin)

Edited by Kaiserdragon217
did not make sence

Guest A__Hat
11 hours ago, ComradeTiki said:

Tesla Cannon:
"Power consumption — 6 units. The maximum number of weapons of this type on a car — two."

Plasma emitter:
"Also requires 6 energy points, but you can mount three such guns on the armored car at the same time."

I understand some limits in-game, like only being able to install 1 Engine... 1 Chameleon or Scope... but why are these limited to 2 and 3? Those seem like "magic numbers", and it's no fun remembering different [arbitrary] restrictions for every weapon type.

I thought the entire reason for having power consumption is to limit the items you can use. Isn't it better to keep using that simpler limit system?

i think their hinting at the fact we're going to have a new max energy in the game, currently we can only have 15 energy, so three would never be possible, and two neing the max would go without saying, so theyre saying we have at least 18 energy max now and at most 23 energy max, because if not we could mount 4 of the 6 energy things

I hate this faction, but im gonna be focred to use the parts to compete tho, I mean wall climbing cars, laser beams, multi target weapons. I could be stuborn and stick to ammo but I dobt thats gonna be a smart option

1 hour ago, SleepySRH said:

I hate this faction, but im gonna be focred to use the parts to compete tho, I mean wall climbing cars, laser beams, multi target weapons. I could be stuborn and stick to ammo but I dobt thats gonna be a smart option

Gonna make hovers which **** Porcupine on others' head

Apollo generator incoming.  The lasers are a pretty big change from what we were originally shown and the intent of the game.  It is moving further and further away from the idea that most of us bought into.  Many times in the CBT people asked for lasers and were told that they did not fit with the game style, yet here we are.  The weapons are no real biggy, they can be dealt with like all weapons, but the hovering - That will be the worst.

My guess is the weapons will be OP as all hell for the first 2 months, forcing everyone to get them to compete ($$$).  Then the complaints will have added up that they have to make a change they will be nerfed beyond usage, forcing everyone to change weapons and builds again ($$$).     

16 minutes ago, Nano606 said:

My guess is the weapons will be OP as all hell for the first 2 months, forcing everyone to get them to compete ($$$). 

Then [...] they will be nerfed beyond usage, forcing everyone to change weapons and builds again ($$$).     

ding

Guest Hazic

I hate to be a downer towards this, but the addition of these high-tech weapons makes the game lose its post-apocalyptic feel... The legs were already making the feeling falter, but this brings it to an extreme. Soon enough this game will be like a post-apocalyptic Robocraft , with planes, mechs, laser guns, etc. at which point the game loses its point...