Woodyrojo

Questions to the developers Autumn 2017

reformulating my question, will the thug pack be avaliable again in the future? if so, any estimates of when?

Edited by aycfes
reformulation

BjKalderon (Posted )

Hello! We have no plans on making available in the nearest time, but it's possible that one day it will be back during some special event or holiday)

Is there a plan to deal with cheaters? I thought I was just being whiny about good players and then I saw on youtube some videos of cheating in crossout.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Megakannon, yes, there sure is. Apart from the in-game reports there is also a forum section where the players can leave their complaints. Also, we are conducting regular "ban - waves" (the most recent one happened not so long ago).

Is there going to be a change to the heavy cabins like trucker, jawbreaker, and humpback to give them better tonnage or restore their previous energy?

BjKalderon (Posted )

EpicPotateo, we don't have plans to restore the previous energy of these cabins. However, if necessary, there might be some additional tweaks to their parameters in the future.

Hello Devs

Is there any chance that you will change menu when rightclick on player/friend ?

It is painfully easy to add someone to blacklist when you just want to promote him as squad leader or invite him to squad.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Hello! The chagnes in this aspect are quite possible, however they shouldn't be expected in the nearest future.

Greetings, I'm just wondering if anything will ever be done about the blockers in the races.  Now I have heard that someone said something like "because the game is made for making your own vehicles that nothing will ever be done".  Well if thats true I might as well just leave the game now.  But its hard to see why this would be true seeing as how you put "protections" around the gates so that anyone "near" it for too long blows up.  That to me seems like you are trying to stop blockers.

See heres the problem.  I and many others are there to race.  We have fun racing.  When a blocker comes in and blocks you from getting to a gate, or getting in your way, or trapping you and dragging you away somewhere it ruins your fun.  So much to the point that you don't want to bother playing anymore.  Now the blocker is having fun, but their fun is ruining our fun.  And seeing as how the races are designed to race and not to block other people, our fun should be a priority over the blockers fun.

I personally have reported just a couple of blockers well over 30 times, they might actually be the same person.  I've submitted videos with many of those reports too.  But they keep coming back time after time after time.  Even after being warned by the mods to stop doing what they are doing. This doesn't even include all the others who have reported the same people.  Heck mods have talked with these people, told them to stop, but they keep on ruining our fun.

Its come to the point where I have to ruin my fun, to protect other peoples fun by pushing the blockers out of the ways.  But I am tried of it, after all if I can't have fun, if I can't race with other people, there is zero point in me playing the game.

So the short versions of the questions... (first one needs to be answered, the others are not so important.

Is blocking of the gates, trying to run the races backwards, going after people and capturing them with large wide vehicles and stopping them from racing, in the race mode allowed, yes or no?

If its no, are you going to do something to stop people from making super wide and high, also super long and high vehicles that block gates or are designed to ruin other peoples fun?

If you are, when and what do you plan on doing?

Also if you are going to do something about it, why not start by banning well known trolls that cause nothing but trouble?  First time they are caught (by a mod/GM or reported in game and on the forums with video), they get a warning to stop.  Second time, they get a 1 week ban. 3rd time they get a 1 month ban. 4th time they get a perma ban.  Heck you don't even have to ban them from the game, just ban them from either the race mod or brawls in general.

If you are not going to do anything about troll blockers, just say the word, so that I can move onto some other game where my fun is not being ruined by others.  I enjoy the game quite a bit, but if trolls are being allowed to run around and do anything they please just because they can build it, well then I have better things to do.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Hello, Gwarsbane. First of all I would like to say that your help is greatly appreciated - it helps us to better understand the current meta situation and apply the necessary measures faster. Now, regarding your question. As you know, we have implemented a number of in-game ways to deal with the race blockers. For example, if the violator stays still at the checkpoint gates for a while, this craft will be destroyed. Of course, some of the crafts may cause problems for other players on the track. In such cases, after we receive a violation report, the blocker's account is checked with our reporting system. If there is a certain number of reports and all them were submitted with no relation to each other, the ban is applied. BTW, there's a specific paragraph devoted to that on our game rules: (10.1. The project administration reserves the right to block a player's account for a period of 3 days or more, up to a permanent blockage, if the player commits acts that do not formally fall under existing bans but caused a massive negative reaction and complaints from other players.) In the future, we plan not only to improve the report system, but also to figure out the ways to make the number of race blockers even less.

I have one question.

Why do you impose a limit quota for grab the scrap ???

Personally it seriously slowed my progress in the game and because of that often I find myself three to four days without being able to recover scrap metal.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Hello. The reason behind this cap is that the players could progress through the game gradually and learn more about the world of Crossout and all of it's current aspects. Also, you can always buy additional scrap on the game's market.

The new "spider" cabin looks great. Are there plans to make it craftable? Or will it be a pack only item like the Hot Rod and Carapace cabins?

BjKalderon (Posted )

Pandemic_Regent, it shouldn't be expected in the nearest future. However, you can always buy this cabin on the market - you can make enough coins by crafting details and selling them later.