Woodyrojo

Questions to the developers Autumn 2017

Is the PC version 7.5, and console version 7.0? Will consoles go thru each update (7.1, 7.2, so on) or skip to the most recent when updated?

Can't wait for all the new features to hit consoles!

BjKalderon (Posted )

nouserfound, hello! The console updates usually take more time to be implemented as there are more aspects to be tested. Also, these updates have to be certified by either Sony of Microsoft and it takes some time as well. When the next big update hits both the PS4 and XBOX One, it will include all the updates that were released on PC;)

1) will the tsunami be able to charge its perk when using hovers since they don't necessarily have brakes to stop moving

2) can u say when the tsunami will be craftable?

cheers

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, ZKWS! 1. Yes it will charge its perk on hovers and it won't be too hard to do it (just checked :)). 2. Hope to share this information pretty soon, for now there's no official info about it.

Howdy!

My question is more about thought process with regards to balancing.  I like the direction of the previous updates and it seems clear that you are taking our feedback into consideration, so thank you!

One thing I noticed is that you don't seem to adjust Power Score of weapons/components very often, if ever (I can't recall an instance from the previous few updates).  Power Score seems like it should be the primary stat used to balance items, since it determines who we play against,  so the fact that it's hardly touched is strange to me.  Can you give us a little insight into why Power Score isn't changed much when balancing, despite that being it's primary purpose?  Is changing the Power Score a consideration in the balancing process?

Thank you and keep up the good work!

Edit: Ah ok, so it's more of a dependant stat than I realized.  Thanks for the insight!

Edited by TheStealthDude

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, TheStealthDude! The main thing is that PS depends on some other stats of the part and it changes only when some certain, gamebreaking stats are being changed.

Im sorry, I know I should bundle questions.

When is the Gold Rush event going to end? It hardly seems temporary at this rate.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Trigger_HappY! Things can be 'temporal' for long periods of time :) Currently there's no exact date, when new containers will be changed.

Hi devs

sorry for being here twice but I get a few questions again.

1. In the latest Garage video, I didn't see the recharge booster named Quantum which shows up in Dev's blog, is it canceled or still under construction?

2. As the hovers come out, it seems necessary to get some protection under the frame, so is there any plan to add welding points under the frames?

3. For the Epic movements, it seems that nearly all Epic movement are underwhelming, do you have a plan on buffing the tracks and mech legs?

4. Currently, at high PS(over 10K), grouped players are having huge advantages among normal players, it is very common that 4 grouped players with 12K build matched up with a few players that only have vehicles at around 8K PS, the gaming experience is extremely bad when that happens, do you have plan to somehow protect the single players in Matchmaking system?

5. Approximately, when will Tsunami, Fuze and Goblin become craftable?

thank you!

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hi, Robocraftman! 1. We're still considering some parts and their presence in the release. Quantum is one of them. 2. For now frames are pretty strong parts. Also, you should consider, that hovering crafts won't be some meters off the ground. So, it will be hard to shoot off their frames. 3. Yes, we're planning to tweak tracks and mechanical legs. Probably, we'll start the work after the release of the new faction. 4. I'm not sure, whether you're talking about Ranked battles or something else. If yes, then matchmaking system looks for those players, that would have the same rank as their opponents. I should mention, that this concept is not the final one. 5. I would say, that there's high probability to see them being craftable with the release of the new faction, but that's still my opinion, not the official information.

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to answer questions.

Are you ever going to change the test drive terrain at the home base? (with various terrain close to garage exit)

Will there be a 2 player 'team' test drive option, to better test builds (or a clan test drive area)?

BjKalderon (Posted )

ErodedHeroics, hello! At the moment we don't have the plans to create the garage version for more players, but the functional of clan system will be developing, so something like that may be implemented.

BjKalderon (Posted )

There is no info on improving the test - drive map at the moment, but as you can see from the latest news, while working on the new maps, we also improve the current ones, and we intend to keep doing that.
  • Thanks 1

Hi devs, can you tell if the the new faction drops at the same day for all platforms or PC first?

Edited by Blubb3366

BjKalderon (Posted )

Blubb3366, it's not 100% clear yet as there may be some additional tweaks to the updates. But we are going to try our best to make the delay as little as possible.

Guest AC72

Will you be making an auto-cannon of a higher power level/class than the AC72 whirlwind in the upcomming updates? Would love to see what an exotic auto cannon could do to people.

BjKalderon (Posted )

It's possible, but you shouldn't expect it to happen soon. Also, the Dawn Children are almost here and they won't come empty-handed, trust me;)

I understand if the lore is still developing since we are in open beta but besides factions and the catastrophe there is one thing I'm slightly confused about. What exactly are we fighting for when we play missions? Are we fighting for some sort of freedom or for the sake of beliefs or just resources? I don't know i thought it might be inspiring to have an idea or goal for which we fight! Also I am not super observant and it is very possible it could have already been stated and I just missed it

BjKalderon (Posted )

Beenut, hello! Apart from survival and getting more resources, every faction has a purpose to fight in the Wastelands. You can quickly catch up with the games lore by watching the "Garage" series;)
  • Like 1

With the new faction coming, is there going to be a way to salvage existing parts in storage to make room. I know the Icon is there but does not function for the parts that you get from the factions. 

We are going to need more space without buying storage modules. I have room for 225 parts and always at the limit and make space.  

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Beastman814! Construction parts you receive after leveling up any faction (grey parts) don't occupy space in your storage.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello! I wanted to know if you an on putting in some daily missions for Autocannoms. I get machinegun, shotgun, or cannon missions or to kill a certain number of AI or players but never see anything about Autocannons. I feel they have been neglected long enough!

BjKalderon (Posted )

Tobias38, hello! There are some challenges for the autocannons as well - for example in the "Fear and Loathing" Missions, where you need to fight the enemies using the autocannons;)

Howdy!

Are there any plans to change/improve the Co-driver system, such as adding more co-drivers (presumably one with the new faction, but others as well?), adding additional perks (ie. >15 per co-driver), or completely overhauling the system?

It definitely has a lot of potential to be a  more fun and interactive part of building your vehicle, where it could offer more interesting choices, instead of just being a straight progression system.  

Thanks for all of y'alls hard work!

Edited by TheStealthDude

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, TheStealthDude! As you can see, we've added new co-driver Jade. In the future we may overhaul the mechanic completely, introducing non-linear progression. But, for now, it's just a suggestion, no particular plans.

Guest enzo85350

Hello, as the game undergoes regular changes (such as additions, new factions etc ...) Will there be a complete reset of the game? Those who have spent money in the game could get their credits (loans + credit pack that is the vehicle). This would allow us to start on a good basis after so many tests, sometimes failures like the recent boost of the SideKicks which allowed a lot of players to climb easily which necessarily created imbalances in the long term.

BjKalderon (Posted )

enzo85350, hello. We don't have plans to reset the players' progress, as there's no technical necessity in doing it again. The work on the game's balance never stops as we want to make Crossout as fun and comfortable to play as possible;)

When will the crossbow be made craftable?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, collimatrix! We're not planning to make the crossbow craftable. In our devblogs we've mentioned that only Goblin, Fuze and Tsunami will become craftable (they are not Knechtes' parts).

If I may be so bold, I wish to ask if you have any future plans for a third 'elite' faction, which will be added when reaching lvl 10 with the lunatics. If not, I wish to place such a suggestion...

The 'Sand sharks' a faction that uses a nautical theme with old boat cabins and parts...

Weapons would be such things as the 'swordfish' harpoon launcher, which launches a projectile similar to the spike crossbows but with the added twist that it does less damage but slow down the enemy vehicle because of a small 'anchor' attached to the harpoon.

wheels would be trailer wheels and elite propulsion would be  the 'crab' tracked foot....

I look forward to any response you may have to my post...

Thanking you In advance.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Jimlock, hello! We indeed plan to add new factions to Crossout, and at the moment we are working on a number of concepts. Btw, you can share your ideas and suggestions in this section of the forum: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/16-suggestions-premoderation/
  • Upvote 1

Guest Cx34

Hey, i was wondering about what will happen after the beta is completed. Will the beta players recive items as the alpha players did in the beta test?

BjKalderon (Posted )

Hello! At the moment it's too early to talk about plans after the open beta is over. It may take a lot of time as there's a lot of work to be done;)

Hello Developers,

I'm curious what happened to the ‘Quantum’ recharge accelerator as I don't see it in the new Dawn Children faction?

a4c77b8ab83cc402bca0f848860d.jpg

BjKalderon (Posted )

Belkor, hello! As you know, ‘Quantum’ recharge accelerator was announced in our Dev. Blog. But later it was decided that the implementation of this equipment may cause a number of in-game issues, including the balance ones.

What happened to the reload module and the harpoon?

Will they be added later or where they dropped?

BjKalderon (Posted )

NaggNogger, 1). If you are talking about ‘Quantum’ recharge accelerator, then yes, it was decided not to include it in the game. 2). There's no specific info yet, so I'm just going to say that we did not drop the idea of harpoon gun;)

On 9/22/2017 at 6:15 AM, collimatrix said:

When will the crossbow be made craftable?

Woodyrojo (Posted Friday at 09:59 AM)

Hello, collimatrix! We're not planning to make the crossbow craftable. In our devblogs we've mentioned that only Goblin, Fuze and Tsunami will become craftable (they are not Knechtes' parts).

Does that mean we will eventually get the Knechtes as a new Faction with the Spike`?

Or will the Event return? If so they better bring new goodies to make up for fuze / tsunami and goblin which are now craftable ^^ 

BjKalderon (Posted )

v3rgi1, at the moment there're no plans to incude the Knechtes as a separate faction, but there's a pretty high probability that they would return as a part of the event;)

Guest emaxxjunky

When is PS4 on the schedule to get dawn children update?

BjKalderon (Posted )

emaxxjunky, the updates for the console versions of Crossout are in their final stage, we plan to release them in the nearest future;)

Do you guys have any plans to release cinematic tools for Crossout?

It would be nice for us that like to create content based on the game to have access to some of the tools you guys use to capture gameplay.  After watching all of the Garage videos as well as the new update video, it is pretty plain to see you guys are using something aside from normal gameplay captures.

Or, maybe an option to join someone's game as a spectator?  Spectator mode is already built in to the game, so if there are no plans to release cinematic tools, it would be nice to be able to select a friend or a party and get to spectate their matches... which would basically offer a way to capture an entire match minus cinematic tools.

As well with spectator mode, are there any plans to allow for a free roam camera that does not just lock onto whoever you're watching?  Being able to move the camera freely to see the whole battle would be epic!

Thanks guys!  Loving the game... and yes I'm currently a console peasant... but cinematic tools may make me jump ship and join the master race. :good:

BjKalderon (Posted )

TheSmitedAsh, hello! At hte moment we are working on some additional in-game features, that would indeed bring more cinematic experience into Crossout. I can't say if that's going to be exactly what you've described, so I'm just going to say that we are working on the concept;)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Have you guys ever considered selling physical merch?  Like t shirts and stuff.  I'd totally buy a black shirt with the orange version of the logo on the front.

BjKalderon (Posted )

BrandonBranders, yes we have. It requires some support, so at the moment we are in negotiation stage;)
  • Upvote 1

Hi devs

I have a problem on the faction blueprints.

I personally like the faction blueprints a lot, their cool appearance and interesting background story make me more engaging to the game's world

but disappointedly, as the Dawn Children come out, they only have 4 blueprints, and one of them is basically a Nomad one. Also, Since the new weapons are added to old factions, I expected to see faction blueprint equipping with brand-new weapons. Sadly there are not.

So my question is:

Are you going to optimizing the existing faction blueprints, and will you add more faction blueprints to Dawn Children? 

BjKalderon (Posted )

Robocraftman, hello! It's great to hear that you are really engaged in the lore of Crossout. We don't have plans to add more Dawn's Children blueprints in the nearest future. But, we will keep developing Crossout's lore, filling it with different events, characters and so on;)

Hi,

New to the game, but in love with it already.  That being said I will probably play on release...if our progress carries over and packs we buy during beta are not...lost.  So, my concern, my question...will my investment in you and the game be taken on release?

BjKalderon (Posted )

Hello! No, we don't have any plans to reset the players' progress anymore;)

hello people of the public relation team (or are you the dev themself ?)

i have a few question wich i believe may be interesting for everyone.

1: i did previously ask about the posibility of a snowy map, to wich i already had the *maybe* answer  but really, i was curious to know if you where planing to implement any other kind of environment at all beside sandy maps and ruined city (especialy since you hinted at a world map earlier)

2 : since the new raid mode *chase* left me a little *salt and pepper* i am alowing me to be a little bold to say this, could you or would you implement a raid mode puting us in night time combat. i believe it would not be particularly dificult since you could use any previously existing rule-set and maps. and even more, you could give true functionality to the light decor we can put on our tank (not to mention that we can even togle them on and off with the *L* button already.)

3: i am aware that you previously hinted at a builtind tool to change sturcture part geometry. and you already have this blueprint thing going on.   but i think it would be tremendously fun to have a tool to upload our own geometry and texture to existing structure or non structure piece (any given such modified piece could be made non tradable and non scrapable untill we hit a *reset to default* button.)   folowing that idea, if i asked you your opinion about a *steam workshop* or *creation kit* or *Nexus Mod* kind of tool for the future of crossout. what would you answer me ?

4:  this question may be more trickier, but here i go. what would you think about updathing game physic with deformable havoc such as this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjIb8pG6QWk

maybe not having such intricate havoc, but just a little more salt on the potatoes could be interesting ?

5 : a little easier question to help the previous one down.  if i ask you about a general noise and sound update or a general particule re-work (dust, fire, explosion effect), what would come to your mind ?

BjKalderon (Posted )

ObisTheTormentor, hello (сommunity manager here)! 1-2). Yes, the winter setting is not the only one that we are working on at the moment. In the future we plan to implement different weather and time of day conditions as well;)

BjKalderon (Posted )

3). You're right, it's always great to allow the players to create their own unique designs, and it's one of the Crossout main features. We will keep developing the craft mechanic, but at the moment there're no plans to add any kind of creation kits as it could bring a number of technical problems into the game.

BjKalderon (Posted )

4). We want to make physics more realistic, but Crossout is not an auto - simulator game, so a lot of the aspects that would fit into other games won't apply to ours. However, the work on the physics model doesn't stop, and we'll keep working on making it better;)
  • Upvote 1